Looking for healer weapon+shield with armor cosmetic recommendations

Ying

5000+ hours played
Something that looks clean and sharp on a male Dwarf. Kinda surprised SSG doesn't have some sort of healer aesthetic cosmetic package in the store.

nenetteblackmoor

First of all, do you even have a Holy Symbol?
Are you planning to claim to be a healer without having a Holy Symbol?

In DDO, aside from followers of Lolth, healers don't exist.

Ying

5000+ hours played
In DDO, aside from followers of Lolth, healers don't exist.
You're as tonedeaf as it gets. Because it needs to be spelled out for people like you: I'm looking for the fantasy of what a healer looks like. Just like there's a fantasy of what a bulging muscle warrior looks like, or a holy crusader, or a ne'er-do-well that slinks in the shadows, a tree hugging hippie commanding the weather itself, or an arcane practitioner that bends the weave of magic to his will.

Ying

5000+ hours played
The Stormreaver Napkin is bloodied—not clean but reveals the craft a bit.
Not a fan of most cloaks. If there were cloaks that had the holy symbol of each religion, it would be more of a consideration. After 18 years of being around, you'd think we'd have access to deity symbology as a player wearable cosmetic.

Djoe

I really like the sun elf armor, but sadly that can't be worn on a dwarf. The Healing hat from the archon's trial chain looks nice; on my healer I use both of those, a cosmetic of the bastard sword from strahd, and because I'm unclassy, the ferrocrystal large shield.

Aelonwy

AFAIK the only overtly clerical armors in the game are those of the Silver Flame Nugget that requires completing all 4 Necropolis chains. https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Silver_Flame_Nugget

There are also the Legendary Tempest Spine Armors which have a Celestial theme and therefor lend themselves to a faith-based class cleric/fvs/paladin. Such As: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Outfit_of_the_Celestial_Avenger

Breastplate of the Shining Sun while acquirable in random gen so not particularly unique looking has a medieval knight, potential ordained appearance https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Breastplate_of_the_Shining_Sun

There is also the raid armor https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Kundarak_Delving_Suit which while I am not a fan should pair well with the House Kundarak Cloak https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:House_Kundarak_Cloak and may suit a dwarf cleric.

I like this on my dwarf:
epgBFOd.jpg

• Head : Standard Issue Faceplate
  • Armor : Watch Captain's Platemail
  • Cloak : House Kundarak Cloak
  • Main Hand : Echo of Whelm
  • Offhand : Best Defense

woq

A frontline tincan knight cleric healer dwarf, or a priesty healer as a robed backline healer "with a book"? Depends on the fantasy you're looking for. I go for the more backline healer fantasy, so this is more drafted towards that from my ddo memory sheet stuff:

I had dwarf as one option but I think I like slender character animations more so I ended up going aasimar; however, I thought of some options for cosmetics before I chose on a race (obviously) and these were what I had on list to get if I rolled dwarf:

Note: these are not tried and tested on dwarf model.

Robes: White dragonscale robe / Robe of Insight
Helm: Either depending on fantasy a circlet, hidden helm or a cowl of some kind
Shields are tricky, I can't come up with nice ones but I have set my sight son either this: Shield of Morning or Aegis of the First Watch
Weapons could be Simplistic: Skullsmasher Adorned: Prince's Scepter or Bulky: Barovian Warhammer

Ptalon

There is a random loot Heavy Mace graphic that sorta looks like a hammer. I have used that in the past for a Dwarf Cleric.
Now, my Dwarves usually wear the House Kundarak cloak.

The Mirror Cloak and a few others are white.

Gold Armor seems to fit a dwarf. or silver (mithral). (But gold is easier to find.)

Maybe the Stormreach shield cosmetic. Since that is our homebase (sorta). (The city-state we represent.)

Ying

5000+ hours played
A frontline tincan knight cleric healer dwarf, or a priesty healer as a robed backline healer "with a book"?
Whatever looks the best. Subjective I know, but I don't have a preference of armor types. Ideally I want someone to look at my character, rather than my class icon, and immediately think "that's a healer".

Aelonwy

I think Cloak of Summer has an ecclesiastical appearance but its copper/bronzish coloring doesn't match much else. The armor its supposed to go with looks more like something from a Midsummer Night's Dream theatrical production than something one would wear in battle. I don't know if it would match Executioner's Gold Platemail from the Mysterious Remnant Vendor but maybe those two together would be an option if it does.

woq

Whatever looks the best. Subjective I know, but I don't have a preference of armor types. Ideally I want someone to look at my character, rather than my class icon, and immediately think "that's a healer".
Then might consider this in offhand for the "holds a book, that looks like a healer" -look Tome of Strahd if orb cosmetics can be placed on top of a shield

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Unfortunately orb cosmetics don't work over shields; there's a bunch of orb ones I'd use if that was the case. Ultimatum is decent looking.

Over the top looks this is what I kinda like, where it screams "HEALER LOCATED HERE!".