Make color of Player characters in mini map different than Hirelings.

Rathy

I mean the little map with the little blue dots showing where party members are on the map. Everybody is the same color and I can not see if the lagging person is a hire or some player in trouble (like lost which is normally me).

Can you please make the PC dots a different shade or color or shape (like pet paws) than the hires? And maybe make each person a different shade too, like the star is always color Green or the shape of a Star and maybe the others each have their own color or shape or even number.

Anyway, thank you for considering it!

Upvote 24

Rathy

Good thread with some great suggestions. 👍

It is!

But any graphic change(s) that increases the useful info in the mini map is great, so I really hope that Tonquin & SSG know that all the suggestions offered are not necessary, just nice. Because I assume each additional change adds that much more work like coding, testing, etc.

I mean I really like this almost-final boss-fight version a lot!
Some great suggestions. I wonder if they have the tech for all of them.

Let us get ridicous:
1) Player pulling aggro—blinking bright red
2) hireling—mini powder keg
3) new player first life toons—‘?!?’ symbol
4) DPS toons—small devil face
5) trapper—‘thumbs up’ image

hah what am I missing?
and I can happily add more options (like to include HP% left, main class, or even an option to select tracking a buff like blur or DW, lol!)! And of course different rates of red-blinking to identify who has which mob's aggro (boss or weaker baddies)!

But really, I would be very happy with only the color difference between Hires and Players.
Although the Star being different would be very, very nice!

Thanks everyone!

l_remmie

Would be fun to be customizable but i don't think this should be a priority.
If Tonquin can get different colors and maybe shapes done i'll be very happy.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
How about we all get to upload a symbol we feel best represents us?
Bard might choose a harp, or lute
Tank might choose a shield or the outline of a Sherman tank
Fighter may want sword, axe, or mace
Wizard's would probably like a lightning bolt, flame, snowflake, etc (perhaps a mushroom cloud if just a general nuker)
Dead characters are represented by a skull & crossbones.
The individual player could choose the color of the symbol based upon party/ raid slot number...
BBROYGBVGW... that covers the first 10 at least.

Then if somebody is talking in game chat, their symbol would highlight. Perhaps a brighter color, or an outline around their symbol.

If you select a player (<f1> - <f12>) their symbol is likewise highlighted in some fashion.

The possibilities are endless... and have almost zero chance of being implemented. Imagine what people would upload as their character's symbol... almost certainly naughty bits which the forum would censor if I were to type them out.

It would still be kind of cool though.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
How about we all get to upload a symbol we feel best represents us?
Bard might choose a harp, or lute
Tank might choose a shield or the outline of a Sherman tank
Fighter may want sword, axe, or mace
Wizard's would probably like a lightning bolt, flame, snowflake, etc (perhaps a mushroom cloud if just a general nuker)
Dead characters are represented by a skull & crossbones.
The individual player could choose the color of the symbol based upon party/ raid slot number...
BBROYGBVGW... that covers the first 10 at least.

Then if somebody is talking in game chat, their symbol would highlight. Perhaps a brighter color, or an outline around their symbol.

If you select a player (<f1> - <f12>) their symbol is likewise highlighted in some fashion.

The possibilities are endless... and have almost zero chance of being implemented. Imagine what people would upload as their character's symbol... almost certainly naughty bits which the forum would censor if I were to type them out.

It would still be kind of cool though.
I like these ideas. Need an icon for Hybryd builds too :) I'd like to have a Joker icon for them (Jack of all trades master of none)

Last edited:

Drunken.dx

Great idea! Here's my first crack at it:

hireling_map_notes.PNG

Light blue being players, dark blue/purple being hirelings. I figured it'd be a good idea to keep autonomous party members at a darker color so that at a glance you're looking for the lightest color in the bunch beyond yourself.
LOVE IT!

LeoLionxxx

Lion of Orien

hireling_map_notes.PNG

Light blue being players, dark blue/purple being hirelings. I figured it'd be a good idea to keep autonomous party members at a darker color so that at a glance you're looking for the lightest color in the bunch beyond yourself.
That looks great! I'm happy that that icon is able to be changed!

My "yes and" request is to let the red/blue team system work in raids, and have red team appear as red on said map.

rabidfox

The People's Champion

hireling_map_notes.PNG

I love the way looks now on live. Not a big deal, but when they're in the distance and it swaps to arrows pointing at them, then the arrows use the old color.
wrM9Mjl.jpg

saekee

long live ROGUE
I often cannot make out the purple symbol for the hireling—can it be brightened? May just be my settings

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks

hireling_map_notes.PNG

How about a hollow circle for a hireling and a solid circle for a player? Or solid circles for the hire and 2-12 for the players.