Make color of Player characters in mini map different than Hirelings.

Rathy

I mean the little map with the little blue dots showing where party members are on the map. Everybody is the same color and I can not see if the lagging person is a hire or some player in trouble (like lost which is normally me).

Can you please make the PC dots a different shade or color or shape (like pet paws) than the hires? And maybe make each person a different shade too, like the star is always color Green or the shape of a Star and maybe the others each have their own color or shape or even number.

Anyway, thank you for considering it!

Upvote 24
Great idea! Here's my first crack at it:

hireling_map_notes.PNG

Light blue being players, dark blue/purple being hirelings. I figured it'd be a good idea to keep autonomous party members at a darker color so that at a glance you're looking for the lightest color in the bunch beyond yourself.
Awesome same fix for GTA?

seph1roth5

Nice proposed change. I don't know hot modifiable the UI settings are, but (if possible) why not just add in a few options and then players can change it to whatever weirdo colors they want, like with chat text, numbers, etc.

Theoretically you could add in a whole bunch in there other than party stuff. Chests, npcs, sagas, etc.

The Narc

hireling_map_notes.PNG

Light blue being players, dark blue/purple being hirelings. I figured it'd be a good idea to keep autonomous party members at a darker color so that at a glance you're looking for the lightest color in the bunch beyond yourself.
Kudos Torq!!

Rathy

Yay! Thank you!

hireling_map_notes.PNG

Those different colors are a great improvement. The lighter shade for Players works for me and my eyes!
Maybe the darker and lighter colors will help those with color blindness by being different intensities or shades whatever color they do see?

Anyway, thank you again! Yay!

saekee

long live ROGUE

hireling_map_notes.PNG

Thank you! Can we make the leader star-shaped? Helps when players in a group are supposed to follow the leader and often when you use the map, you follow blindly the frontmost which is a snowball effect as one after the other gets ahead…

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak

hireling_map_notes.PNG

Why not 6 different colour for party play? Every position in the party would have a determined color like 1. light blue 2. dark blue 3 purple 4. green 5. yellow 6. pink. (colors just an example lol ) It doesnt matter if its a hireling or a real player. This way everyone would know immediately when looking at the map which colour is who and who is where.
Only downside is raiding where can e more than 6 players but maybe there you can keep the old color code.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Why not 6 different colour for party play? Every position in the party would have a determined color like 1. light blue 2. dark blue 3 purple 4. green 5. yellow 6. pink. (colors just an example lol ) It doesnt matter if its a hireling or a real player. This way everyone would know immediateley when looking at the map which colour is who and who is where.
Only downside is raiding where can e more than 6 players but maybe there you can keep the old color code.
Why not just have it display "1", "2", etc. instead of a little dot in that case. No colors need. "Gather on #5" would make giving raid commands easy.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Why not just have it display "1", "2", etc. instead of a little dot in that case. No colors need. "Gather on #5" would make giving raid commands easy.
Also an option but I think when u look at the map and players standing "on each other" you would see only weird doodles

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
@Tonquin or even better keep the original colors as it is and make it possible to right click on the players name and add a color if you want. So you could differentiate the leader, a tank or hireling or whatever you want. Also the map wont turn into an eye-hurting colorful beehive
It would also work in raids cause dont need to mark everyone.
It can be communicated that everyone in the party have to make XY palyer green another one yellow etc (run to yellow for raise)
For static groups players can choose a color and can have it for years in that group.

Last edited:

The Narc

Why not 6 different colour for party play? Every position in the party would have a determined color like 1. light blue 2. dark blue 3 purple 4. green 5. yellow 6. pink. (colors just an example lol ) It doesnt matter if its a hireling or a real player. This way everyone would know immediately when looking at the map which colour is who and who is where.
How about you allow players select, a bunch of colours to pick from in the options so they can set their own colour and can even do teams ie red team and blue team etc

Last edited:

hireling_map_notes.PNG

can we all crazy and make healers and casters an melees all different colors..... might help people know where the healer is to stay in range
please

saekee

long live ROGUE
Some great suggestions. I wonder if they have the tech for all of them.

Let us get ridicous:
1) Player pulling aggro—blinking bright red
2) hireling—mini powder keg
3) new player first life toons—‘?!?’ symbol
4) DPS toons—small devil face
5) trapper—‘thumbs up’ image

hah what am I missing?

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
#5 can be different characters depending on how the list populates. If there was a way to set everyones icon it would work...