Monster Manual HP view not working after transfer

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Bug Report Number:
OK, so after I transferred to Orien my Monster Manual account deeds were reset to 0. Annoying that it was actually server deeds and not account deeds, but fair enough, I can live with it.

But now I've unlocked a few of the "Expertise" rewards, the ones granting the ability to view monster HPs. And they do not seem to work after unlocking them. At least, not for me. A guildy says at least some of them works for him.

The ones I've unlocked that I've noticed not granting me the ability to view HP are, so far, Human, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, and Warforged. There are possibly more, but I haven't checked through all the MMs yet.

I've clicked on all the account deeds and the mastery/expertise deeds, but I do not seem to get any of the account unlocks at all. No lore or stuff like that. And, as said, the expertise does not work either, even if the icon is in color and says 5/5.

EDIT: Been checking my MMs for details on what's working or not, putting it here in first post.

Not working
Beholder, Drider, Rust monsters, Scorrow, Bat, Griffon, Lion, Rat, Wolf, Clay Golem, Flesh Golem, Iron Defender, Iron Golem, Stone Golem, Dragon, Air Elemental, Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental, Mephit, Mudman, Water Elemental, Hill Giant, Ogre, Troll, Bugbear, Gnoll, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kobold, Orc, Tiefling, Troglodyte, Fiendish Lions, Hellhound, Ooze, Gargoyle, Harpy, Minotaur, Werewolf, Yuan-ti, Abishai, Bearded Devil, Dretch, Efreet, Flesh Render, Ice Flenser, Orthon, Rakshasa, Yugoloth, Monstrous Plant, Drow, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, Human, Warforged, Ghast, Ghoul, Lich, Mummy, Shadow, Skeleton, Wight, Wraith, Zombie, Scorpion, Spider

Working
Mind Flayer, Bear, Hyena, Owlbear, Raven, Magefire Cannon, Satyr, Eladrin, Fire Giant, Purple Worm, Animated Object, Sahuagin, Draegloth, Fire Reaver, Hezrou, Marilith, Quori, Forgewraith, Quell, Wheep

A few are missing, I can't tell if they're working or not yet:
Mimic, Warforged Titan, Living Spell, Glabrezu, Hellcat, Horned Devil, Succubus

It's somewhat weird. At first I thought the bugged ones were those I'd already done on Ghallanda, but it's not limited to that. Sahuagin, for instance, I'd already completed on G-land. Very strange.

Last edited:

Dandonk

Update: Can't see wolf or kobold HP, either.

What's weird is that one guildy can see those, and another can see wolf, but not kobold. We all transferred, so I'd have thought it'd be the same for us all, but it's not.

Curiouser and curiouser.

moffus

Same for me. Some of the account deeds reset, but not all. So stuck without able to see hp, without the mm lore entries, and without being able to get the pet rewards on the types earned before the transfer. Same for a bunch of guildies that transfered aswell.

Dandonk

Same for me. Some of the account deeds reset, but not all. So stuck without able to see hp, without the mm lore entries, and without being able to get the pet rewards on the types earned before the transfer. Same for a bunch of guildies that transfered aswell.
Yeah, pretty annoying. Sad Dan.

Epitome

Same here, just transferred and would like to at least have the opportunity to remaster some of these. Some are showing as having 1/1 of Mastery (even though I literally just transferred).

They show me making progress on say, Oozes, where I'm slowly working on the first Account reward; however, it says I have 6/7 account rewards. So I guess I just need to slowly proceed and see what it does.

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
Most monster manual progress is wiped when you transfer servers. You've got to re-earn the ability to see monster HP, re-earn the pets, etc.

Epitome

Most monster manual progress is wiped when you transfer servers. You've got to re-earn the ability to see monster HP, re-earn the pets, etc.
Yeah, I guess it is just a visual bug saying I have 6/7 and 1/1 as it looks like I'm starting to progress again on the some of the account deeds.
image.png

Dandonk

This is not how it works for me, though it did work (in some cases) like that for some guildies.

It reset the progress. OK. But after I re-earned it on the new server, it did NOT unlock anything, not art, not HP view, nothing.

Dandonk

Yeah, I guess it is just a visual bug saying I have 6/7 and 1/1 as it looks like I'm starting to progress again on the some of the account deeds.
I do not get HP view again, after re-earning it, even though the account deeds look like they're unlocked. I'm not sure how it works with you?

(some guildies have some of the MM stuff working, so it's not 100% broken for everyone)

Dandonk

A few days ago I unlocked Hezrou HP view on the new server.... and this one actually works. Nothing else works, though, at least so far.

Dandonk

Still not working for many mob types. Sadly, today's Fridays at 4 seems to indicate that SSG knows nothing about this, despite bug reports and previous questions on Fridays at 4. Oh, well. Maybe it'll get fixed after ladders do.

Dandonk

OK, trying to see which ones work and which do not (the ones I've noticed so far, anyway). This is based on whether getting the first two account deeds unlock any stats for the monster. As far as I can tell, if it doesn't do this, then nothing else unlocks either, not lore/art/hp view, nothing.

Not working
Beholder, Drider, Rust monsters, Scorrow, Bat, Griffon, Lion, Rat, Wolf, Clay Golem, Flesh Golem, Iron Defender, Iron Golem, Stone Golem, Dragon, Air Elemental, Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental, Mephit, Mudman, Water Elemental, Hill Giant, Ogre, Troll, Bugbear, Gnoll, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kobold, Orc, Tiefling, Troglodyte, Fiendish Lions, Hellhound, Ooze, Gargoyle, Harpy, Minotaur, Werewolf, Yuan-ti, Abishai, Bearded Devil, Dretch, Efreet, Flesh Render, Ice Flenser, Orthon, Rakshasa, Yugoloth, Monstrous Plant, Drow, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, Human, Warforged, Ghast, Ghoul, Lich, Mummy, Shadow, Skeleton, Wight, Wraith, Zombie, Scorpion, Spider

Working
Mind Flayer, Bear, Hyena, Owlbear, Raven, Magefire Cannon, Satyr, Eladrin, Fire Giant, Purple Worm, Animated Object, Sahuagin, Draegloth, Fire Reaver, Hezrou, Marilith, Quori, Forgewraith, Quell, Wheep

A few are missing, I can't tell if they're working or not yet:
Mimic, Warforged Titan, Living Spell, Glabrezu, Hellcat, Horned Devil, Succubus

It's somewhat weird. At first I thought the bugged ones were those I'd already done on Ghallanda, but it's not limited to that. Sahuagin, for instance, I'd already completed on G-land. Very strange.

Last edited:

Epitome

Appreciate you running through your experiences on this. Being gone from the game for about 2-3 years I really couldn't remember which all ones I had unlocked - then I came back a couple months ago and immediately transferred.

Dandonk

Updated the working/not working part. Hopefully this'll get fixed right after lag and ladders.

Dandonk

A couple of days late for my monthly anniversary, but hey, better late than never. Here's hoping this'll get fixed at some point.

Dandonk

Happy New Year, and not-so-happy 6 month anniversary on broken Monster Manual entries.