Monster Manual HP view not working after transfer

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Yeah.. not had this happen. Stopped getting Rez cakes on new toons tho, if that makes you feel any better.. :(

Remember when we used to get +20 lr hearts? Yeah....

Synalon

I just transferred and this has happened to me. Half my MM is not working. I'm happy for it to reset so I have to re-earn account rewards. But it being bugged out so I can never earn them again majorly sucks. Really want SSG to do something about this as I like the MM a lot and it's one of the main draws of VIP for me. Even if they just spot-reset my MM.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I just transferred and this has happened to me. Half my MM is not working. I'm happy for it to reset so I have to re-earn account rewards. But it being bugged out so I can never earn them again majorly sucks. Really want SSG to do something about this as I like the MM a lot and it's one of the main draws of VIP for me. Even if they just spot-reset my MM.
Yeah, this is majorly annoying. Most of the MM is bugged for me so I can never re-earn the HP view or other stuff. Really, really annoying.

I actually love hunting for mobs for the MM. Especially the first ones, where you need Hunter for the account deeds as well, But if it doesn't work... meh...

Synalon

Yeah, this is majorly annoying. Most of the MM is bugged for me so I can never re-earn the HP view or other stuff. Really, really annoying.

I actually love hunting for mobs for the MM. Especially the first ones, where you need Hunter for the account deeds as well, But if it doesn't work... meh...
Yes I feel the same. Loved hunting down random explorers for account hunter rewards. I felt like some kind of bounty hunter or assassin 😅. Even the majority of them, where you only get server rewards for slayers, were satisfying to watch rise and sometimes farm for.

I liked the creature companions, and the expertise was useful to see HP numbers. Not being able to get them back would be majorly sh*te. Especially since this is a premium feature - you literally have to pay for VIP or buy them outright. So the fact that they are not working with no sign of a fix is very bad from SSG.

Synalon

Yeah, I made a bug report with a list of all the bugged entries. I'll post it here later as I have it written down. Maybe it'll be helpful to compare.

Synalon

OK, trying to see which ones work and which do not (the ones I've noticed so far, anyway). This is based on whether getting the first two account deeds unlock any stats for the monster. As far as I can tell, if it doesn't do this, then nothing else unlocks either, not lore/art/hp view, nothing.

Not working
Beholder, Drider, Rust monsters, Scorrow, Bat, Griffon, Lion, Rat, Wolf, Clay Golem, Flesh Golem, Iron Defender, Iron Golem, Stone Golem, Dragon, Air Elemental, Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental, Mephit, Mudman, Water Elemental, Hill Giant, Ogre, Troll, Bugbear, Gnoll, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kobold, Orc, Tiefling, Troglodyte, Fiendish Lions, Hellhound, Ooze, Gargoyle, Harpy, Minotaur, Werewolf, Yuan-ti, Abishai, Bearded Devil, Dretch, Efreet, Flesh Render, Ice Flenser, Orthon, Rakshasa, Monstrous Plant, Drow, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, Human, Warforged, Ghast, Ghoul, Lich, Mummy, Shadow, Skeleton, Wight, Wraith, Zombie, Scorpion, Spider

Working
Mind Flayer, Bear, Hyena, Owlbear, Raven, Magefire Cannon, Satyr, Eladrin, Fire Giant, Purple Worm, Animated Object, Sahuagin, Draegloth, Fire Reaver, Hezrou, Marilith, Quori, Forgewraith, Quell, Wheep

A few are missing, I can't tell if they're working or not yet:
Mimic, Warforged Titan, Living Spell, Glabrezu, Hellcat, Horned Devil, Succubus, Yugoloth,

It's somewhat weird. At first I thought the bugged ones were those I'd already done on Ghallanda, but it's not limited to that. Sahuagin, for instance, I'd already completed on G-land. Very strange.
My bugged list is as follows:

(Aberration): Beholder, Rust Monster, Scorrow
(Animal): Wolf
(Construct): Iron Defender, Iron Golem, Magefire Cannon, Stone Golem
(Elemental): Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental, Mephit, Water Elemental
(Giant): Fire Giant, Ogre, Troll
(Humanoid): Bugbear, Gnoll, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kobold, Orc, Tiefling, Troglodyte
(Magical Beast): Hell Hound
(Misc.): Ooze
(Monstrous Humanoid): Gargoyle, Minotaur
(Outsider): Efreet, Fire Reaver, Hezrou, Marilith, Quori, Rakshasa
(Player Races): Drow, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, Warforged
(Undead): Forgewraith, Ghoul, Wraith
(Vermin): Scorpion

I killed one of each MM entry type and all the rest are working. I see our lists are not subsets of one another. So it seems unlikely that only specific entries just bug out. Something else is going on.

What I'm pretty sure of is it's more likely to have bugged if you achieved account mastery - but not guaranteed (as you note in the case of sahaugin). And, some that did not have mastery achieved have also bugged out, like, in my case, Marilith and Magefire Cannon; I had only achieved the first one or two account rewards for these two, and they have bugged. I don't know what will happen when I reach subsequent account rewards that I hadn't achieved on Ghallanda - most likely, I will get the reward, but will still be blocked from mastery achievements.

The one thing that does seem certain is that if no account rewards had been achieved on your old server, the entry will not be bugged on your new server. I quit before the last few MM entries and each of these are working for me, along with all others for which I had not achieved any account rewards.

moffus

Just for the sake of comparison, ill post my list of bugged entries;

Beholder
Bat
Rat
Wolf
Clay golem
Flesh golem
Stone golem
Dragon
Earth elemental
Fire elemental
Water elemental
Ogre
Troll
Hobgoblin
Kobold
Orc
Tiefling
Troglodyte
Hell hound
Gargoyle
Minotaur
Werewolf
Abashai
Bearded devil
Dretch
Hezrou
Orthon
Quori
Rakshasa
Drow
Human
Warforged
Mummy
Shadow
Skeleton
Wight
Zombie
Scorpion
Spider

I asked Cordo on his fridays at 4 stream about it just earlier, and he said they're aware of the hp bug, but also said that if you had the reward before the transfer, you should have it after, which in many cases are the exact opposite of how it behaves. At least for me, the only entries that are bugged, are those that I had prior to transferring. Not all of them got bugged, but most.

Synalon

As an update, I just achieved account mastery for human, one of the few that didn't bug out. So I can once again see human hitpoints. Sad it seems we are no closer to getting a fix for the bugged entries 😢

Dandonk

As an update, I just achieved account mastery for human, one of the few that didn't bug out. So I can once again see human hitpoints. Sad it seems we are no closer to getting a fix for the bugged entries 😢
Saddan...

I asked Cordo on his fridays at 4 stream about it just earlier, and he said they're aware of the hp bug, but also said that if you had the reward before the transfer, you should have it after, which in many cases are the exact opposite of how it behaves.
I'm shocked! Shocked to find the SSG doesn't know how their own game works.

(Captain Renault ftw)

Synalon

Saddan...

I'm shocked! Shocked to find the SSG doesn't know how their own game works.

(Captain Renault ftw)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're not meant to keep the account rewards and it's meant to reset.

From my limited knowledge of coding it honestly seems like the sort of thing that should be easy to fix, at least on a case by case basis. When someone submits a ticket about it, you reset the flagging for account rewards on their bugged entries. But I guess they don't have time to solve individual bugs for people in this way...

Last edited:

Dandonk

Checked my MMs again. Yugoloth confirmed not working for me, either. Still a few left to kill enough of to find out.

Ahpuch

Half the time I try and bring it up on live streams, they don't even know what I'm talking about...
Did they do what they usually do in that circumstance? Quickly move on and pretend that they didn't look at the question? Make a vague unrelated comment ("Monster Manual is great for getting extra XP") ? ! don't think I have ever seen them ask for clarification and dig in to understand the customers concern in these scenarios.

Perhaps the Friday stream is the wrong venue for that kind of Q&A. But if so they shouldn't be going to the chat stream for questions. People watching aren't fans who just want their comment mentioned by the streamer. They are customers and if you are not going to answer their questions properly, don't try. IMHO of course.

Dandonk

Did they do what they usually do in that circumstance? Quickly move on and pretend that they didn't look at the question? Make a vague unrelated comment ("Monster Manual is great for getting extra XP") ? ! don't think I have ever seen them ask for clarification and dig in to understand the customers concern in these scenarios.
It's more genuinely puzzled, they seem to think I'm asking for my old progress to carry over, instead of just wanting to actually be able to grind it out again.

Although having the account deeds be actually, well, account deeds wouldn't be a bad thing for me. Though maybe some multi-server people like the extra AS they can get...