Multiboxing

I do DB sometimes but more out of need than anything else. I play mostly in a small group or as of late due to RL, as a duo. If our gaming hours not align, then I (or my mate) have to either play something else, play with another toon, or suck it up and move two toons.

Also lvl'd up a buffing bard using another friend's account to have parked at epic levels and as an opener for some quests.

But in either case I let people know there's a dummy PC on the group if I open an LFM and try to limit the duo runs in quests easy to get to (like sharn 1 and 2, medusa, etc).

ProllyDidItWrong

I diidn't know there was an autofollow or pass through targeting in DDO? Without those two features multiboxing is a PIA. Might as well get some gold seal hires and call it a day.

vryxnr

I diidn't know there was an autofollow or pass through targeting in DDO? Without those two features multiboxing is a PIA. Might as well get some gold seal hires and call it a day.
Built in to ddo, no. There is a program that allows you to do so... a while back it was being discussed and iirc cordo said that it depends on how it is used, as per my previous mention of the devs stance from the old forums, which is essentially: If you use it to follow yourself (thus your own keyboard strokes are resulting in the following/movement) it is fine, but if you use it to follow someone else (thus it is not your own keyboard strokes causing the movement) then it is potentially against ToS / not allowed (might result in action against your account if caught using it in this way).

Ostwind-Cannith

I'm a pretty self absorbed person. very much about myself in a totally narcissistic way. that said, one thing I'll never understand about this game is when people complain about what other players are doing. it's not like its PVP or some sort of competition. I like running with people playing broken overpowered characters because they get through quests faster and I can sit here and drink my latte without doing anything but following and level up at a ridiculous rate. used to run with a guy who complained that he wasn't getting enough kills. he's like those nimrods that complain about broken overpowered abilities and classes that inevitably lead to nerfage. I unfriended him for being a dbag. so, again, if someone is running alts it doesn't impact you so why are you worried about it? now lets get back to talking about how great I am.

Last edited: