My suggestion & bug log

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
So, a lot of things were remedied with the last update to lords march, I'm still looking through the upgradable stuff and such. . .good job there.
I really wish there were a more in-depth road map so that I might not post about things which might already be planned or in the works.

Suggestions for future legendary:
Lower necropolis - might want to revise that rat maze dungeon first though
Korthos, and maybe add in a part for return to korthos where you play from the dragon hunting parties perspective as well? I just think that might be neat.
I don't fully know what all has been updated to legendary yet, so I'm not going to randomly spit out dungeons which may or may not have been updated yet, but I am betting a lot of the harbor stuff still needs it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race suggestions:
Allow for tieflings to not have horns or tails in char creation, not all tieflings displayed such heritage or had giant bull horns. . .and allow for actual eyes not colored blobs
Fae-ri
Kobold (I'm sure I can't be the only one who still wants to play a kobold)
Fae (summer and winter courts)
Dhamphirs (they've been around since 2nd ed, could be a ravenloft expansion bit)
Avriels (sp?) (winged elves)
Satyr
Pixy
Bullywog
Gnoll
Now I realize that new races require a ton o f work, given armor and such, but I think they would be neat additions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Expansions:
Mythdranor
Icewind dale
Baldurs gate and the sword coast
Lamordia (ravenloft, the adam quest line - it's kind of frankenstien-ish)
More ravenloft content - there is a whole host of stuff for ravenloft and areas which could be added
More faerun content, not just drow
Dragonlance - war of the lance is a great era for this - krynn content, after all we do wander through the planes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Improvements and such:

Bring back the toee crafting and drops

Ui scaling and lock able quick bars, swtor has a pretty good example of how to do this, check it out and see if it can be done with ddo in a future update.
Graphics glitches and texture flashing, this needs to be fixed. It's occurring in eveningstar, in the isle of dread dungeons, and so on. Maybe some issue with modern cards and old game rendering, I'm not sure, but textures will flash in and out depending on where you move. I keep setting on max.

Guild halls and character housing with buff or other options. Guilds could even make dungeons in their halls for other players to run, this has been done successfully with guild/player housing in the superhero mmos, swtor, and others. It's about time that there was a little upgrade/addition in this department. Yeah, I know it's a lot of work, but you could always add in trap packs, treasure packs, npc/monster packs, and so forth that people could buy in the shop to flesh out their player made dungeons as well as a leader board system for them. Besides, I bet some players could make some really neat stuff.

More bank space - seriously, this is needed. Every time content is added and updated there is more one wants or needs to hold onto for reincarnations, bumping base bank space up to 200 shouldn't be that much of an issue before the kundark quests.

Some dungeons seem to be set up on a trigger system (over in the isle of dread by most appearances) where the mobs will stay unhostile and not trigger, locking you from progressing, this needs to be fixed. No mob should ever be immortal and unhostile in a dungeon if it is meant to be killed to continue through the dungeon.

Add a platinum monthly dice roller with better rewards. Higher xp, maybe the chance at those +3/4 racial tomes, maybe otto's boxes on rolls of 100, and so forth. And don't put the bigby's hands in it, those things are so useless.

Do something about the pet and mounts that you can get on a lucky dice roll, I have like three or four nightmares now, all bound to account, and nothing to do with them since you can't keep adding them to your stable or trade them with other players. Maybe something like the cosmetic deal, shred them and turn the bits in for a different mount?

Add a Jack of all trades feat, this essentially allows you to put points into any skill as if it were a class trained skill, even open lock and disable device. Mind, it doesn't increase your point pool based on class, just allows for you to allocate your points any where with out the half bit or leave you class restricted on skills which shouldn't be. So, you probably won't ever be an amazing trapper as a wizard or fight, but at least you could do most normal content with out having to get a dumberling that doesn't work half the time or try to pug to get a bonus in regular dungeons.

The level 3 perma cleric from the catacombs pack? Ravenloft pack? Where ever it was from seems to have expired and vanished. . .please fix this. It's irritating for something to randomly expire and vanish that was never meant to. Especially when it was paid for.

Up to +5 racial and universal tomes - in the store. . .

Allow for epic levels to progress base classes if multi classed past their lock out at 20 if desired. Why this wasn't done initially is a bit beyond me. Mind, I think the epic system is neat, but it's pretty inaccurate for d&d.

Epic heart of blood/wood - when playing a base race and class and you reach 32, a heart that lets you get your racial and class when reincarnating, but not epic. Just me being lazy and wanting something to stream line reincarnation here.

Otto's boxes: Please, please, please. . .leave them in the store longer. For some reason I almost always miss them.

Allow for all past epic life toggles to be used at the same time.

Please adjust or fix the hireling ai - they are constantly blocked even when in front of a door or trap, or just stand there drooling on themselves.

Please fix the enemy ai, the constant running in circles around you is getting old and annoying. If they're going to attack me, then they should do that, not run in circles for twenty seconds and then maybe attack something. This is happening every where.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class bits:

These can be extensions to current classed like the skin deal or hunter deal or how ever you'd like to work it, or even trees.
Oracle - yeah, I know it's more of a pathfinder thing, but I think it would be pretty neat for a cleric or favored soul option to be a debuffer.
Dread necromancer
Hex blade
Soul knife - though there is something that seems pretty similar with the shadow blade deal. But the imbue weapon with shadows has to constantly be reapplied every transition or rest. . .it would be nice if it could just be toggled on.
Arcane trickster
More clerical domains/gods/etc, to reflect the other planes - i.e. faerun deities, ravenloft deities, etc.
Ahhh. . .I'm sure others have some better ideas for class things. . .to be honest I think the current class bits are pretty good, but lacking in being able to level them all the way and lacking points for trees, not to mention the open lock and disable skills be locked to very specific classes - which shouldn't happen.

I'll add more over time, probably a lot of this will actually be checked/fixed in regards to issues as time passes. Looking forward to future updates!

Upvote 0

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
Ran through the underdark stuff again recently, and I thought to myself, 'why isn't that end drow high priestess outfit in the store yet?' How about that gets added (with a bit more color of course) as a cosmetic to the game?
Nothing wrong with slooty or smexy outfits for people, and to be honest they'd probably sell better than the bull armor. . .just saying.

On a side note.
I got the 'timid' sentient gem a few weeks back and immediately trashed it less than eight hours into using it. A.) it's not timid. B.) it's some annoying male voice set that doesn't match it's basic title in any way, shape, or form. I was kind of hoping for a cute timid female voice, maybe anime ish or something, and got some dry gag worth voice set instead. I hate to be the critic on this, since most of the sentient gems I've come across are amazing, but that timid one really really needs to be redone. It's pretty horrible - which is why it makes sense that it's the only one you can trade the vistani for. Put the worst one in the trader in game seems to be a usual technique.
I'm not sure if you knew this, but the timid jewel is @Cordovan taking a stab at being a "scary cat doughnut baker" or something along those lines.

Here's the story behind it:

Edit: On that note, I would have preferred if they had Cordovan act more like a radio announcer or something else that used his natural speaking voice. I know he said they didn't want to do anything 4th wall breaking though, so yeah, I guess it is what it is.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I'm not sure if you knew this, but the timid jewel is @Cordovan taking a stab at being a "scary cat doughnut baker" or something along those lines.

Here's the story behind it:

Edit: On that note, I would have preferred if they had Cordovan act more like a radio announcer or something else that used his natural speaking voice. I know he said they didn't want to do anything 4th wall breaking though, so yeah, I guess it is what it is.
oh man, hate to say it but I really didn't like the timid at all. It doesn't ring in my mind as timid at all. Mind, I think cordovan is amazing as person for his job and what he has to put up with, but that sentient jewel. . .I hate it.
I would prefer if he did one with his actual personality and responses to situations than what ever they had him script.
The jewel was labeled timid, so when I enter a fight I think that maybe it should have been more like 'oh gods, we need to run away' or 'I don't think we can do this, lets go back to the inn' or something along those lines. I.e. timid. . .

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
oh man, hate to say it but I really didn't like the timid at all. It doesn't ring in my mind as timid at all. Mind, I think cordovan is amazing as person for his job and what he has to put up with, but that sentient jewel. . .I hate it.
I would prefer if he did one with his actual personality and responses to situations than what ever they had him script.
The jewel was labeled timid, so when I enter a fight I think that maybe it should have been more like 'oh gods, we need to run away' or 'I don't think we can do this, lets go back to the inn' or something along those lines. I.e. timid. . .
Hah, I understand. I don't care for the timid jewel either. Out of all the RL jewels, the only one I really like is the Inquisitive one (although I still wish Keith used his natural voice or his Strahd voice).
The others just start to sound obnoxious IMO.
Unrelated (or maybe more on topic):

Bring back the toee crafting and drops

Yeah, I do not like how they ditched that system... to me it now feels like the only chests that matter in the dungeons now are the ones that have named loot. Which IMO just increased the temptation to zip through it. sigh

Otto's boxes: Please, please, please. . .leave them in the store longer. For some reason I almost always miss them.

And this +1

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
There seem to be some issues summoning the skeletal knight 'pet', more so than usual. Attempting to summon it today in wilderness area after entering (high road), attempted to summon it 15 times in succession with nothing occurring other than the cool down timer. Seems like it's not actually firing off or calling forth the pet.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
On a side note, I believe that an apology should be issued along with the promise to fix the issues regarding the 'support' pack not working as a complete product (i.e. parts of it not working such as dance animations/bank space issues/etc and so on) and not giving/setting up bank space as stated, i.e. where some people may end up loosing out on full bank space due to the implementation of the pack before fully purchasing upgrades in the ddo store.
SSG simply acknowledging and stating they are working on a quick solution or offering a refund would be a very appropriate measure for faulty product.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Apparently symbol of weakness cast by npcs can now drop strength by 15 + points. Good stuff to find in a level 15 quest in sharn. With a three minute duration. Mhm.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
So, if you die in terminal delerium on the reflection side of the mirror and revive, everything you drop remains locked and unobtainable on the reflection side. Keys, being a mirror, etc. Essentially bugging out and halting the quest, requiring reset.
On a side note, the vulnerability which is inflicted on the person taking on the mirror trait now allows them to be 1 hit killed by mobs.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure what's going on dev side at the moment, but increased damage, resistances, immunities on standard trash mobs - which is being seen across the board, isn't the way to balance a game. A standard mob shouldn't be resistant to nearly every energy out there and immune to most magics, all the while using upper end tier spells that can do over 100 dmg a second for ten seconds. I'm seeing multiple instances in a variety of dungeons and explorer areas where mobs dmg go from what was normal to triple or insta kill numbers. Not to mention the constant slow debuff on hit which seems to be given with some mobs. Or the dungeon alert which buffs mobs and debuffs characters, even when not zerging. It seems more like the devs are trying to intentionally kill people rather than enhance the gaming experience currently.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
So, I find myself doing sharn currently with my guildies, more for gear than anything. But, while running through the quests I asked myself, who is this tieflings brother. . .who is this goblin. . .why should I care?
My point is, the characters aren't memorable and I don't recall them as being any significant part in my characters development. Obviously the goblin must be from three barrel, as he has jack jibber blade, but say my character in question has never been to three barrel. . .the dialogue of 'remember this, it's jack jibber blade' makes no sense what so ever. This doesn't effect doing the quests or anything mechanically, but it could confuse, if some one hasn't run through every quest line or simply didn't care about the character at the end of quest line a enough to remember them in quest line b.
Perhaps there wasn't enough impact, though to be honest I haven't run three barrel in a very long time and there is a great deal of older content that one skips over when doing the reincarnation wheel, to the point that it's forgotten and not played. This is just my opinion, but story lines need a bit of horseradish and pepper to give them a kick, so that a player is like 'man that was fun' or 'I won't forget that villain, they were a constant pain in my back side the whole time in x area'. I'm not saying make it annoying, but make the characters which are going to repeat pop more with personality, memorable scenes, and so forth - maybe even a custom voice over so that people hear it and are like 'oh, I know who that is' when they show up later.
---------------------------------------
By the by, I personally dislike the majority of sharn - but, I really like the cogs area there. Explorer area, several quests you can walk up to and even repeat (with out having to go find random npc a to turn in), and ok navigation through the area which isn't too annoying. I think the cogs area was very well done and have a good deal of fun with it. Of course this boils down to personal taste I think, I like reading murder mysteries or watching them, not really playing through them when they're just. . .chase around a dwarf or go down alley a/b/c and beat up some gangs while picking up papers.
I did however enjoy the vampire house in eveningstar.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Potential quest/expansion suggestions:
---------------------------------------------------
Ravenloft: (of course there are other modules which made lead to these, there's honestly a great deal of good stuff out there for ravenloft other than strahd)
Adam's Wrath (Frankenstein ish)
Hour of the Knife (jack the ripper ish)
The Created (RM2)
Touch of Death (RA3)
Feast of Goblyns (RA1)
When Black Roses Bloom (could lead to krynn expansions in the future?)

--------------------------------------------------------------
Faerun/Torril:
There's always the area's of Icewind dale, the sword coast, thay, etc.
The continents of Maztica, Kara-tur, etc.
I would imagine there are numerous adventures and areas to pull from for any sort of expansion on this front.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Krynn/Dragonlance:
I would honestly suggest doing a war of the lance on through the war of souls era bit for this, maybe in two to three sections/expansions if it's considered.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure others could give some great suggestions for greyhawk or dark sun, etc. Neither are very familiar to me.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Idea for a new sentient gem:
The evil chaos sentient gem - going with the crazy whispering voices/voice actor that did the temple of evil chaos

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Imagine if strahd's castle had this type of graphics:

9-1920x1080-32d2b83215a980eee804acd744cfc148.jpg

Or the sands of menechtarun:
HighresScreenshot00072-1920x1080-f1086a5e8b81293cec7ef888fcc9b0d3.jpg

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
So, a lot of things were remedied with the last update to lords march, I'm still looking through the upgradable stuff and such. . .good job there.
I really wish there were a more in-depth road map so that I might not post about things which might already be planned or in the works.

Expansions:
Mythdranor
Icewind dale
Baldurs gate and the sword coast
Lamordia (ravenloft, the adam quest line - it's kind of frankenstien-ish)
More ravenloft content - there is a whole host of stuff for ravenloft and areas which could be added
More faerun content, not just drow
Dragonlance - war of the lance is a great era for this - krynn content, after all we do wander through the planes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YES!!!! Please go Baldurs Gate and Sword coast. So much can be done there. More Ravenloft is a gimmie, who wouldn't want more of that, I feel they dud great with that expansion.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
It might be a good idea to check the dot abilities in epic on up on creatures. I've seen some very odd number of late and some creatures spamming tactical detonation, electric surge, black dragon bolt - and some of them it doesn't even make sense why they have said spells in basic mobs.
Mind, on normal dungeons it's pretty reasonable dmg, but when you shoot to hard or elite settings they can be insta kill.
I've also noticed that in reaper settings now we have the champion debuffs and aoe spells coming from mobs, just like on hc. With damage rolling out over 2k on reaper 1. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing, since I suggested it earlier. . .but one hit kill mechanics on trash mobs . . .mmm. . .I guess if the goal is to kill characters instead of actually raising difficulty, then the goal has been met.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I have a question, since it's been brought up in other topics. Where is the devastating critical that would make melee or ranged more power houses in the game?
Had ddo been more cannon to 3.5 instead of going off in some random direction with odd creations there would be vastly more room to grow and more balance between classes, prestige classes, and so on.
So, the real question is, how is this going to be remedied? The imbalance between classes, mass mobs, dungeon alert buffing of monsters and debuffing of characters (which is what is causing the most lag), as opposed to actually fixing the systems in place?

Examples:
Arcane archers not actually getting aa abilities per cannon.
skills being class locked that shouldn't be.
stealth which breaks simply by looking the wrong way/touching something.
fighters not getting their full potential such as devastating crit.
monsters being buffed with ridiculous resistances and immunities in trash mobs and absurd damaging spells/abilities
huge mobs in dungeons instead of smart design
poor story line and graphics in place of quality made content.
-----------------------------
The game has progressed to the point it has left d&d and become more of a gambling gotchapon Asian mmo. It's honestly a bit disgusting.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Ok, so, the current AA tree:

Pasting the whole tree would be bulky.
-------------------------------------
In cannon d&d aa is a prc, in ddo it's an enhancement tree - but aa required elf or half elf and being an arcane caster. This isn't the case in ddo.
For whatever reason the tree was restricted to elf/half elf/morninglord iconic and ranger for ddo, and arcane casters were left out of the loop- even though this was a stringent requirement for the prc in pnp.
--------------------------
If some one could shed some light to confirm, but I believe the core imbue toggles are single only, i.e. you can only have one on at a time?
My suggestion for the core would be to change them (in regards to dr bypass) to the feats or have it set up that you can toggle on a property for specific dr bypass while using an elemental toggle.
------------
In regards to elemental arrows, I think it should work more like the eldritch knight, allowing the aa to switch between which element they want to have active instead of herding a player into one element only initially and then the potential for a second weaker one later on.
------------
The inferno shot should perhaps be changed to something more along the lines of the cannon fire ball arrow? (should be able to use the spell coding from fireball for this) It won't be op and it will give ranged an aoe attack that will scale with their level.
------------
The increase on elemental arrows - instead of doing buff ups or different elements with this section why not add an extra imbue dice? If it goes with the toggle for element in the beginning.
------------
The moon bow seems a bit. . .useless as a top tier, maybe some people find it useful? I would advocate for rain of arrows instead. An aoe attack which would have the diameter of fireball splash give or take and can do x amount of damage per level up to level 15 - with the potential of having an increase to that with an epic feat? The devs will have a better idea on the balance of the damage for this option, or maybe some players who are good with the numbers as you level.
----------------
Maybe scale the arrow of slaying and set it up more like finger of death? At current it's more like an arrow of extra damage, and doesn't seem like much, and looks like it might become irrelevant in epic/legendary levels.
----------------
Since the tree is geared more towards rangers the wisdom dc's make more sense. . .so I don't see any issue with that per say other than my personal preference for trying to keep more with pnp.
I think everything else looks pretty good though, any aa's out there that have constructive ideas on improvements?

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Test results:
I only fiddled around for about five to ten min, so these aren't super long and averaged numbers
-------------
Knights transformation still doesn't work with warlock aura or enlarge spell - no response yet on why this was done or if it's going to get fixed

------------------------------------------
Looks like necro mages might be getting nerfed. . .maybe some confirmation is needed here?
Healing ticks off at different intervals compared to damage, not sure what's going on there.

Death aura:
normal server -
31-96 dmg base with out crit
496 neg power
259 univ power
16% crit chance
15 crit mult

current Lamania test server:
45-63 dmg base with out crit
509 neg power
328 univ power
20% crit chance
30 crit mult
----------------------------------------------------------
Character bank inventory buyable missing from ddo store after buying 'support bundle' with no apology for it not working as it seemed it should or actual promise of equalizing the product across the board for all players and fixing said missing potential bank inventory.
Acknowledging you messed up and are working on fixing something goes a long way for customer trust guys.
----------------------------------------------------------
Current lag generation is still confusing to players. On one hand we're being told it can't possibly be dungeon alerts and it's being caused by the players, on the other we're being told it's npc pathing ai. Not to get uppity, but it's a poor dev that blames people playing their game for the issues in it due to systems not working as intended.
Without seeing the coding myself, I can't really propose any solutions to the lag issue. It all started after the da changes for me, and I have been vocal about it on the forums. It's made some dungeons annoying to the point one doesn't want to even go in them. And that's doing them normally.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Machrotechnic Epic Destiny
Very neat, not sure how I feel about it after testing a very incomplete version on Lamania.
I did give the sonic boom a go :
-----------------
Sonic Boom: Deals 1d6+10 Sonic damage per Character level to enemies around you (PBAoE). Cooldown 25/20/15 seconds, Costs 20 Spell Points.
-----------------
I didn't record the numbers, but it seemed to me to be doing something like sound burst around the player, and even at 32 with over 500 sonic power was still only doing about 210 damage at most. . .so, at epic levels. . .kind of useless against even basic mobs. It looks neat though.
I don't think there's a need to harp on the missing bits in the tree or the lack of icons, as it's still in development.
To be honest, I can't decide if I like it or not yet, maybe after a few weeks of playing with it and running through multiple dungeons I'll have a better idea, but that will have to wait till it's finished. On a side note, it seems like it was more designed as a heroic enhancement tree rather than an epic destiny tree, at least that's the feel I get from it.
The proposed xp changes don't seem to take into account the type or quality of dungeons and will result in an overall nerf of xp.
There have been numerous suggestions presented in other topics on alternate solutions.
There are many good ideas proposed as alternates, but in the end it boils down to not punishing people for playing the game how they want so long as they aren't breaking any rules, and fix or remove the issues causing the lag - without blaming your customers as the cause.

Proposals for attempting to slow dungeon completion speed:
I believe this is the illustrated main goal, slower dungeons with killing more mobs, unless I misunderstood something.
---------
We currently have monster manuals - make it that fully filling out a monster manual will give a bonus vs that sort of monster, something simple like a +1 or 2 vs said monster in regards to skills/attk/dmg/saves (similar to base favored enemy). The xp already seems fine to me in them, but you could raise it and see if that encourages mob slaying as well. This should encourage people to be more meticulous on generally killing mobs. Alternately or in addition to, you could add some sort of hireling which could be obtained each life with the character manual completion which could be used as a sort of temp perma hireling - i.e. vanishing during reincarnation until you refill the character manual portion. These would be specific to what ever creature or group of creatures would be. I would suggest placing them at levels 15-25 on level range.
---------
Increase optional xp and rewards. I.e. allow for unique items in optional chests, they don't have to be the same named items as the end chest, they could include crafting materials, they could include some sort of scavenger hunt objects to attempt to make something unique gear wise, etc. Point being, make it desirable and fun. What would you guys as devs if playing want to find in a chest that you might consider useful, think about things from the playing perspective. You could even add in rare things to boost up guilds, maybe a new room or something only obtainable after completing some random scavenger hunt deal spread out across many many dungeons. But it has to be worth the time and effort.
---------
Slaying xp - this is the current proposal, but many dungeons cannot reach the pinnacle of it. It's been proposed that x creature could give x amount of xp. This could be simplified in the sense that you take the number of monsters in a dungeon, take the total max bonus for slaying them all, and divide it among those monsters as a percentage bonus to over all completion xp. I.e. if there's 50 monsters in a dungeon then each one would be worth 1.4% bonus on elite. Yeah, I know it would take a lot of tinkering, but it would be able to apply to all dungeons without missing any in such a formula format.
I imagine I don't need to write out a bunch of formulas here. . .at least I hope not, but if needed then ask.
---------
Dungeon alerts are still being triggered in some dungeons even when running through them on normal slow mode, or when enemies spawn. This should actually be looked at and remedied. I am guessing the alert is dependent on the number of enemies which see and become 'angry' at the player, at which point each dungeon needs to be individually tweaked so that normal play throughs don't cause issues. I imagine this to be a very daunting task, as there are many many dungeons with multiple difficulty settings, and I am not certain if you have to adjust each instance individually or what. But it seems to me to probably be a mountain of work and time.
Alternately you could blanket increase the number of spawns required to increase or cause an alert and cut back on false triggers. Of course my stance is just to remove the system as it's ineffective, but I am pretty sure that's known.
----------
Removing first time completion xp bonus:
I'm a little split on this, I think doing the blanket you don't loose xp on repeat is a good idea, but the current proposal would remove it across the board. I only see removing the first run bonus as a viable option if you can blanket every dungeon with the same achievable bonuses.
----------
Random dungeon encounters:
This would take a bit of effort and time, but adding in random dungeon encounters with tangible rewards would slow down run throughs perhaps. This could be a riddle chest with a convo and reward (make sure the riddle changes, you already have the say function for answers). A merchant with unique gear or maybe craft materials (not for shards - yeah I saw the shard vendor randomly in wheloon). A group hidden in a dungeon that has a side quest to complete in the dungeon for extra xp and rewards. Honestly, these are ultimately stop gaps, unless you continuously add more they're all going to be explored and popped up on the wiki.
-----------
Seasonal dungeon changes -
I'm not sure how viable this is, but during the different seasons have the dungeons changed up a bit. I.e. your basic spring/summer/fall/winter. Change some of the monsters around to fit seasons, holidays, or special events more, maybe have the traps become more random as well depending on such.
Now, the easiest way to do this is to have an in game calendar code, you'll want day, night, month tracking. This should allow you to set up spawns based on the time frame of the season - if you are using a system that spawns creatures via way point and distance from character - but I think that the current system spawns everything at once. . .honestly I'm surprised the game isn't lagging just for that reason if that's the case.
-----------
Add in things like ore nodes, skinning, and herbalism to the crafting system with gathering. More or less to make base items or potions. I posted something earlier about this, but if people are taking their time gathering it will slow their progress inside dungeons. Note, this will only work for those who enjoy crafting and customizing their gear appearance, so it may or may not effect zergers. If you however make new gear sets that can only be crafted - and make them bind on equip - then this would potentially help slow things down, as there would be a more viable use to gathering. Make it worth while. There could even be a tutorial set up as random encounters in earlier dungeons to teach you the basics, and maybe new merchants to sell recipes to learn in regards to making new unique things, this could also add more desired loot to the tables instead of. . .low end potions. . .throwing axes. . .throwing darts. . .throwing daggers. . .bundles and bundles of arrows. . .etc. which I imagine just get left behind, or the chest gets ignored.
If you need a template to look at then I suggest cnr (craftable natural resources) which was made for nwn, the principle of the system should work just fine in this game and maybe it will save you coding time.
------------
There are many many other suggestions which bear merit as well on other posts, so I imagine there is a lot to look over and debate on that front.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
On a wholly unrelated topic, updating the graphics of older content would be nice. I noted there are still 2 dimensional seagulls in the harbor the other day. . .

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
So, by the by, since there are buffs for hirelings and pets, why is it that they can't be used in raids? Some of us did spend the money on them, let us use them for everything. . .

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Is von ever going to be remedied in the 1 sec reset on the lever/target/rune? Or are we just saying the hell with people in guilds under 6 players? It's pretty absurd for a low level junk gear raid.
It could be lag, but I am doubting it, as this raid/pre-raid bit has always been super annoying at how it road blocks smaller guilds from content with out having to pug random people - which may or may not zerg, may or may not sit at the entrance and just try to leech xp, etc. I've had very few good experiences opening quests to allow random people in while playing this game.
So, it would be nice if the timer on the levers/targets/runes had a bit longer reset timer.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
It would be nice if anna would stop magically vanishing in the middle of lost thread. . .just maybe, so the quest could be done. Honestly, all of this content has issues still after nearly a decade and you're messing with nerfing xp and putting out store content that doesn't give what it states?