New VIP Loyalty Reward Plan ... Thoughts ?

Blu

Mmm...
Is this bag a joke?

VIP Bag of Many Things

Select one item from the bag for free:

Raid Bypass Timer
Ethereal Rest Shrine Statuette
Flawless Siberys Dragonshard (Feat swap token)
Sentient XP Gem Worth 300 Sentient XP
Glamerdust x50
Mirror of Glamering
Omnispell Dust x2500
Legendary Raid Bypass Timer

All these items bar the sentient xp at 300XP and the Raid Timers all come from daily silver rolls or aren't needed.

You can farm out 300 sentient xp from saltmarsh or Feywild in 1 rare run which takes 5 mins and will most likely net your more xp for crunching a rare item and the Bypass timers are on sale so frequently (between 75-125pts) and only cost 150 points normally which is 600 favour. In a game where TRing is considered a normal gameplay routine, 600 favour comes and goes by about level 8.

This bag should be at minimum something more like this -

Major (200%) Slayer Potion x5
30% XP potion x5 for 3 hours
Bone Picker Kit x5
Sentient Tool Kit x10
50 Astral Shards
Sentient XP Gem Worth 3000 Sentient XP
Jeweler's Tool Kit x1
Legendary Raid Bypass Timer x3

Will there be more rewards after the twelfth month? There should be an incentive to keep a VIP subscription after one year, even if it's only another reward each succeeding twelfth month (i.e., Month 24, Month 36, and so on).

seph1roth5

Pretty sure my 3 friends that stopped vip-ing months ago aren't going to renew after this. Mine is up in june, totally not renewing unless they spice it up a bit in the next few weeks.

Give us what lotro has: an item that lets you open the bank/shop from anywhere (I assume not in quests). They also have some sort of sped up...crafting? Man imagine if VIPs could search/disable/mount/whatever has a loading bar, faster.

Xgya

The "prepare spells anywhere" thing is neat.
It's nice QoL.
The cosmetics look nice and unique and flashy enough for everyone to notice.
1% loot boost is worth a lot, especially if you can get it multiple years in a row.
The loot bags look meh, but a free +20 heart every few months is certainly worth something.

The overall bonuses aren't huge, but they certainly make VIP look like a better offer.
I still won't subscribe because of those, but I also think people that were already subscribed should be getting their money's worth, and these additions do seem to make the cut (especially what I mentioned above)

Smokewolf

Will this encourage you to resubscribe? Or be a new subscriber? or is this meh-sauce?

The description isn't clear if you get to keep your vip sparkles and cloud mount if you turn VIP off. Could a dev clarify what happens there? Cloud mount looks cool though.
Problem is that the VIP does little to improve quality of life, nor does it help alleviate the need for augment tools. Would of been great to receive 4-5 tools per month as I know I use at least that many if not more.

Alternative

Some games offer better stuff just for logging in daily. I'm not surprised given how more and more stingy devs are becoming each year. The funny part is, they really seem to overvalue some of the store stuff. Eladrin statuette or omnispell stones are about as desirable as potion of tumble x5.

Lacci

Will this encourage you to resubscribe? Or be a new subscriber? or is this meh-sauce?
No.
To be honest, for me, the reason to not subscribe for VIP was never a lack of rewards, but the overall state of the game.
Nothing of what they added now changes my stance on that.

The only things that might sway me towards a VIP subscription are fixing lag, bugs and AI, upgrading the UI, things like that.

fraubluka

If you compare SSGs VIP to other games (even LOTRO) it comes off as pathetic. This loyalty program is a slap in the face.

Fresh eyes over at SSG need to take a long look at their offering and give real value for peoples money. I would also take a look at the staff that made these decisions and rethink the salary I pay them.

Siegfrid

I have been playing DDO for half a year as a VIP after two years off, I bought IOD and Vecna best package for the hirelings,
I did afew heroics, iconics and epics past life ( I have more than 100 total past life now and 62 reapers points)

I struggle at R1 legendary, yes I do , I never play the optimized build and i am not a very good player, i play what i "fancy" dumb things like a ninja spy with poison attacks! Why because its a game you are supposed to have fun.

I have been very disapointed with the "balance pass" i feel like we are herded more and more toward a few selects class and gameplay that are the only ones with whom you can play highest contents Why is there so many classes , so many feats, so many trees if most of them are traps taht won't let you play the highest lvl content.
That is a big fail SSG , your game is very very repetitive if you can't put some variety its boooorrriiiing.

That plus the awful lag...I am one of the happy orien players...

Well to finish , what in your vip plan that took 2 years to establish is supposed to be interesting?
Should I be excited for 1 % loot bonus or 5 shared banks slots?
Well I am not.
But good new for me is that Cataclysm is coming soon and everquest prepared a nice tlp formula.
I will be back maybe in 6 months, or a year, maybe two like last time.
But if I have a certain attachment for DDO I am very disapointed with your choices, I do not support them as a customers, on the contrary I feel like you are fighting hard to make the game less and less interesting.

Pano

I don't dislike it. I think it is somewhat worth the money for me. I agree that some more QoL features would be great, but SSG went the more cost friendly way. It is surely far easier to create a new cosmetic or to give a potion or 2, than to implement a whole new system of teleporting to the quest entrance, which I believe would be quite a coding challenge.

Warsaga

I don't dislike it. I think it is somewhat worth the money for me. I agree that some more QoL features would be great, but SSG went the more cost friendly way. It is surely far easier to create a new cosmetic or to give a potion or 2, than to implement a whole new system of teleporting to the quest entrance, which I believe would be quite a coding challenge.
But they had more than a year...

Last edited:

Uska

Founder
not as good as I hoped but it's something the crafting bonus is nothing to me I don't craft and long time players are probably maxed out or close

Dragavon

Some things are ok, some things are absolutely ridiculous. Such as the 300 sentient XP thing.
I just wonder what made SSG staff think that would be something a VIP would be happy about? I mean seriously. Complete rubbish.
10% item durability? You have to be kidding me.
50 glamerdust? I mean seriously. Give us something useful!