Next expansion race idea.

Tianblade

For the next expansion, I would like to see this.

Race Lizardmen, or the new form Lizardfolk.

Base race, Made around unarmed combat, introduce a new universal tree "brawler" or have it good for handwraps monks.

Iconic race, Have it dps sword (small shield or buckler) and board, limit armor to leather or none, have it where you can take both single weapon and shield feats together. Maybe add a new item just for Lizardmen in place of armor, like the docent for warforged.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Iconic race
Since the first idea is for an unarmed brawler, the Iconic would be a Lancener (based on the Lizardfolk from Borderland), they use Quarterstaff as a Lance, damage instead of blugdeon turns to Piercing and reach to long (throwing the lance)/medium (poking with) range.

DDO Gaming

incorporeal. 100% miss boost. melee with roll to avoid instant death on vorpal. 25% random teleport when hit.

Be grateful SSG haven't created a reaper with these qualities 👍 :)

(though it would make a very nice R11 reaper...)

Last edited:

Onyxia2016

Iconic Kobold Shaman
High evasion from Bouncy Stance (you jump around like you have a pogo stick shoved up your backside.)
High Electric damage from Zeus Boost (You channel god like power in the form a lightening bolts so at level 5 you one-shot level 10's)
High Intimidate (cause Kobold still hates you)

Lotoc

I really would like an int race that's suited to a weapon based build like Hobgoblin, every time I feel like playing a wiz ek, vile chemist or an artificer I just decide to play a different build when I get to the race options.

At the moment strength has Half Orcs, Razorclaws and Aasimar/scourge who all work really well and wood elf and regular shifter are reasonably good in strength builds (I really can't count dragonborn, that racial tree is entirely catered to casters).

Dex has pretty much the most racial options in the game - tabaxi, halfling, shadarkai, shifter and 3 flavors of elf.

Int pretty much has sun elf which isn't a great tree or base class for an int build, gnome/deep gnome who are very much casters and drow who are rather point limited.

Wisdom is pretty much Aasimar/scourge, Shifter and Deep Gnome, I'd really like to see another wisdom option too.

Charisma is pretty much up there with Dex in terms of overall support - Dragonborn, Tiefling, Scoundrel and Drow as raw cha races, Aasimar getting solid cha options, PDK who despite not having bonus charisma is designed to scale with charisma.

Alco

New race idea: NONE!

We have plenty already and there is no need for any more, especially when there are still so many bugs in the code.

FaustianBargain

New race idea: NONE!

We have plenty already and there is no need for any more, especially when there are still so many bugs in the code.
Eh. Bugs are a feature at this point. The sun will have incinerated the planet and all of those who abide on it long before every bug is cleaned up.

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
w race idea: NONE!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Not every developer is a generalist. Some specialize in different things. It's unreasonable to expect SSG to dedicate *all* of their resources to bug swatting.

On top of that, if they *could* dedicate all their resources to fixing bugs, we wouldn't get anything new for many months. Players would get bored and leave.

Every update there is a laundry list of fixed bugs. They are working on it.

Now, personally, I got one of my wishes with tabaxi. However, I'd be thrilled if they found a way to incorporate changeling into the game. Problem is, they're more of an rp than combat focused race. Would be a lot of work to put them in.

Cyran

My vote would be for Githyanki. Given recent mindflayers storylines it fits in nicely. Forgotten realms lore is they are survivors of a long enslavement from mindflayers in the Astral-Plane.

They get a bump to both strength and int so for people looking for another int race they would be a option but the racial past life could still be str since right now it the only stat that you can only get +1 too from racial feats.

Justfungus

Jack of all trades - class
D-8
Simple weapons and up to medium armor w/shield
Choose a stat to base your spells on at creation (Int, Wis, Chr) You get standard caster spell slots, but only half as many
All standard skills cost 1 point, and class specialty skills cost 2
Spells are chosen from (Int) Wiz/art (Wis) Clr/Dru or (Chr) Bard/Pal
No spell failure with cloth or light armor (can be upgraded to Med. depending on trees you pick)
You get to choose any 3 non-epic non-specialty trees as your class trees. (You can not choose specialty ones like Dark Hunter)
Average save progression, Average attack progression
Every 5 levels (and lvl 1) you get a bonus JOT feat that has stuff like Evasion or rune arm use, lay on hands, and so on - you only get 5 of these total (level 20+)
You can build it any way you want, any regular class will be better at their specialties, but the Jack of all trades can be more flexible