Night Revels Quests Bugging Out

Mary

It is happening in just about every other dungeon whether the key farm or crypt - mobs are not spawning, or only partially spawning. Levers are not working at all; for example in the dragon to aim the laser - pulling the levers after unlocking them they are not responding to numerous tries - then I lose a key and go in and do it again and the quest works fine until I enter another and the same bugs occur. Mobs missing. Levers not working.

I've wasted so many keys exiting and reentering quests, this is not at all fun. I was making youtube content for the next hardcore but maybe I should post a video of these buggy event quests?

I don't expect perfection but really this event is not new - what's going on with night revels bugging out so much?

dur

aka Cybersquirt
It is happening in just about every other dungeon whether the key farm or crypt - mobs are not spawning, or only partially spawning. Levers are not working at all; for example in the dragon to aim the laser - pulling the levers after unlocking them they are not responding to numerous tries - then I lose a key and go in and do it again and the quest works fine until I enter another and the same bugs occur. Mobs missing. Levers not working.

I've wasted so many keys exiting and reentering quests, this is not at all fun. I was making youtube content for the next hardcore but maybe I should post a video of these buggy event quests?

I don't expect perfection but really this event is not new - what's going on with night revels bugging out so much?
I did have any bugginess there but I only ran a handful of times. I am, however having a time with Violent Delights in Borderlands: mob got stuck in wall on first run; "wave" didn't run it's course on the 2nd. Ran around for 10 minutes, watching my potions expire, still nothin. Time for me to put that on pause..

Lazuli

Well, I have to say that now that I've played the event more, I have to agree with you, Mary. There are many bugs in the event.

Several quests have not given me full xp, on several occasions one or more groups of undead failed to spawn in the graveyard making the quest incomplete, and right now the necromancer in Grave Work was not reacting, denying the challenge from progressing.

A disaster.

Ellisaria

Had this happen to me in Delera's Graveyard Challenge. Several mob packs in the first area were missing and there were not enough to progress through the fog. At least that one doesn't consume a key, not that that's an excuse. Night Revels is my favorite seasonal event, but poorly worded dev responses and buggy implementation are chalking this one up to being a waste of time.

droid327

I noticed this in e3BC the other night...had to get like 2 more kills for a slayer, and ran around all of "Kobold Lagoon" and then up to the airship past Precious Cargo, without a single mob spawn

This event is basically unchanged from previous years where it was working fine. Its worrying that the devs can let problems like this develop and seem powerless to stop it. The term gets thrown around a lot as hyperbole or as a joke...but when mobs dont spawn and interactables dont react, the game really is "literally unplayable"

Glad I'm not the only one! I've had some problems with Under New Ravagement. Was unable to complete the quest twice (could not interact with Maxwell at the end) and the optional ghoul, Vorne, didn't spawn at all in one run.

Mary

Also dont get me started on how the candy was nerfed and ruined beyond use - i used to have the 3 candies on every toon I have, meaning a big part of my night revels was farming and buying the candy and setting it up on my toons. Listen bonus! well I took listen just to use the candy...

but now the candy is junk. literally. so I won't be farming for it or using it or recommending it in any of my youtube content. Such a disappointment because it was one of the best things from the event.

Tessien

I didn't have any problems my first run through everything. But my 2nd time through Eternity Unleashed, or whatever the dragon night revels one is called, I lit all the crystals, got a star for completing that part, but then the door that goes down to the dragon didn't open so I couldn't go down to continue the quest. Ran around pulling levers again for a while, then just gave up and recalled out. It's bad enough I have to run this a stupid number of times to get the mount, but I'm not even going to try if it's just going to bug out and eat my keys.

Falkor

It'd be great for you to live stream what is happening. It might make a difference and help correct these bugs.

Wasn't nights reveled bugged with these very same issue last year or the year before?

Lazuli

Wasn't nights reveled bugged with these very same issue last year or the year before?
None of these bugs are new, they have occurred in other years. This year they only seem more frequent. Maybe it's because of the lag.

Falkor

Thought so. Same ole same ole. Well ... bugs or feature ... hmm ... regardless .... Masochists, unite!

Bunker

I'm not experiencing the same frequency, but it does happen. I'd say every 20 runs, I might experience lag spikes and mobs not spawning at the same time.

I have entered had the opportunity to waste any keys yet.

What server are you on?

adamkatt

Ive already done quite a few runs, ive had the first quest bug out once.. not it a big deal, its happened in the past..

Kathwynn

The wife and I were running haywires quest. The vampire champ got stuck to the wall and we could not kill it. While the tempation to put that sucker against the wall and beat it down is there. I would not recommend doing that.

Neain

What I have noticed for the spawning bugs, is if someone is in the area before the mobs are triggered to spawn, they tend to then not spawn when triggered. I doubt thats the issue with all the mob packs, but I have noticed that a few times when I went to the tomb and waited for the rest of the group to get that last pack killed. or run onto the hill before enough packs have been killed to spawn the packs on the hill.