Open r1

Onyxia2016

It would have to be a pretty big dollar amount to make up for the loss of reoccurring VIP revenue.
Since this would be an account wide thing there would be a fair amount a canceled subscriptions.
This VIP perk is one of the main ones that is left.

popejubal

It would have to be a pretty big dollar amount to make up for the loss of reoccurring VIP revenue.
Since this would be an account wide thing there would be a fair amount a canceled subscriptions.
This VIP perk is one of the main ones that is left.
There are only real 3 VIP perks remaining.
1) increased runspeed in public areas
2) Open on Elite which only matters during Hardcore
3) increased XP (and more increased XP on bonus weekends)

Which is why I'm not a VIP anymore. Just Open on Elite during Hardcore isn't enough of an incentive. The question in my case isn't "will SSG get my one time payment for Open on Elite or will it get my monthly subscription money every month?" The actual question is "will SSG get my one time payment for Open on Elite or will it get nothing?"

Until SSG comes up with more and better incentives to be a VIP, it's not even a tiny consideration.

Sturmbb

They should increase the value of VIP then cancelations would not be as much of an issue.

HCL is different than playing on the regular servers. Premium can run PLs and gain difficulty opening options there.

HC is not different to live, i have seen plenty of players on HC that have TR'd. That can now open Elite. Lets be honest TRing on SSG is fairly easy, you can Tr within 15-16 hours of play time. so you have to spend at the most a week to open elite.

If you want Elite to be open on HC just have one less McDonald's meal for the week and hey presto you can be VIP for a while month.

SSG really need to stop devaluing VIP and start increasing the benefits, so it encourages more people to subscribe and more money to flow into SSG. So they start sorting out all of the problems (i.e Lag, Bugs etc).

Sturmbb

not talking about live server open elite for premium players.
Talking about open HC server for Reaper level or higher unless you dont want reaper level then you have to open normal hard elite as usual.
but the opportunity to open r1 without having to open normal or hard 1st on the Hardcore server only.
since the server is wiped after the EVENT is over.
since the EVENT raise's more revenue then a live server from purchasing augments and such.
because everyone starts at level 1 no life and nothing is transferred to the server no bank access to storage.
the EVENT is timed.
would like to see crafting xp max for everyone as well since you still need to collect mats to craft.
paying for crafting xp and not reaping any of the rewards afterword's from the expense.
i guess you could use this 1st life toon to craft with afterword's but not likely when you already have a crafting toon .
there are other issues too regarding shard transfers and guild ship expenses.
possible preset guild ships for Hardcore of some type.
who gets something for nothing? not premium players at all....
Unfortunately i have to say its a hard no from me. If you want to open Reaper on HC than pay for VIP. It doesn't really get much simpler than that.

Let's be honest if your unwilling to pay for VIP, than you wont be spending much money on HC. SO if SSG did downgrade the VIP perk to allow people to open Reaper on HC. Than SSG would be making less money.

At the moment SSG need all the money they can get. I am very happy to support the game buy subscribing, but if they downgrade the last perk of VIP (which is the only reason i subscribe) than i guess i wont need to subscribe anymore.

I know i could subscribe anyway to support the game, but at the end of the day i want at least something for my money. If not, i might as well give the money to charity.

Sturmbb

People ask for this every single Hardcore season. If you think it shouldn't happen, that's fine. But "Onyxia didn't notice these requests before" doesn't mean this is only suddenly now an issue.

People have been asking for a way to purchase account wide "open on Elite" access for years now. We've even been saying that we'd happily pay big $ for it.
I can see the pros and the cons for this, but how much should SSG charge for this? It costs $14.99 a month or $100 for the year for VIP. So looking at the statistics, SSG would probably have to charge in the region of $250 - $300 minimum. Otherwise they would just be losing money.

I have addressed the VIP perks in another post and for me the only reason i buy VIP is for the unlock of elite on HC (and a few people i talk to say the same thing). The amount of sustainable monthly / yearly income would substantially reduce just for a quick influx of cash. Imagine if they do this and than everyone stops subscribing. that quick influx of cash would end up damaging the game more than what people anticipate.

Onyxia2016

There is one option that I have never seen mentioned that would put an end to the VIP vs Premium vs F2P conversations.
Game is F2P for all. No Premium or VIP.

Since there is no subscription revenue coming in, this would mean that everything would have to be purchased for real money. New expansion comes out the only way you can get the content is real money no more getting the content only with DDO point as they can be obtained through playing. Maybe add the option of getting the content only part with Astral Shards, which can only be obtained with real money.

Otto's boxes, bank/inventory, character slots, races/iconics and the like, real money or AS.
Basically DDO points would be good for hirelings, augments, cosmetics, tools/picks basically the odds and ends.

This could quite possibly turn into a higher revenue stream than the current model.

Of course those that have a dragon's horde worth of DDO point will be getting the shaft but hey everybody would have the same account level and abilities.

Frieling Slyhand

as premium player our value is inconsistent with the game model.
VIP is the model most advantageous to new players as the Premium adventure packs with expansions are far more costly than just a VIP subscription.
I wont pay more to play in Hardcore and I wont play at a disadvantage.
I dont play SSG doesn't make the money for the points I spend in the store.
You claim that you will spend money for points during HCL, presumably because you think it will help you succeed in HCL. Why won't you sub for the HCL period since it will also help you succeed in HCL? For the cost of a movie, popcorn and soda at a theatre, you can sub. I know many F2_ and Premium players who gladly sub for HCL.

Archest

there are more benefit s to VIP
free monthly points
gold rolls
I think at this point the expansions should be accessible to VIP so they shouldn't have to purchase any content at all.

I wont be playing HC or spending the points for it.
the record of revenue will show the Live servers making money and HC revenue going down.
this is good news for those who think its the HC server causing lag.
but every HC season spend points on airships and spend points on crafting and spend points on augments and other xp buffs crafting and experience. where all that xp is already in place on the live servers....
but will no longer be purchased at all because its not needed.
the incentive for VIP is access to content.
its all that is necessary for subscriber retention.
people who spend money on content and points most have been for a while.
FTP doesn't spend a dime.
so the lack of content disables their ability to make HC attractive but for the little bit of interest they might possibly find in the game system.
in order to progress they must either become premium purchasing expansions and adventure packs ( tell me are the adventure packs still available for sale to people who didn't get a coupon?) which are now inclusive to FTP that were necessary to purchase before the coupon was handed out?
I personally have content to saltmarsh. because I buy it on sale. since I own most of the content now its less expensive for me to continue buying the content on sale. for a new player who hasn't any content and wants access there isn't choice as to the option that he should take. VIP
you keep saying you want my $15 vip subscription yet dont want the $40.00 in points I spend.
Nice sale on augments this week thumbs up.

Coffey

HC is not different to live, i have seen plenty of players on HC that have TR'd. That can now open Elite. Lets be honest TRing on SSG is fairly easy, you can Tr within 15-16 hours of play time. so you have to spend at the most a week to open elite.

If you want Elite to be open on HC just have one less McDonald's meal for the week and hey presto you can be VIP for a while month.

SSG really need to stop devaluing VIP and start increasing the benefits, so it encourages more people to subscribe and more money to flow into SSG. So they start sorting out all of the problems (i.e Lag, Bugs etc).
I play 15-16 hrs of DDO over two weeks LOL!

The Narc

There is one option that I have never seen mentioned that would put an end to the VIP vs Premium vs F2P conversations.
Game is F2P for all. No Premium or VIP.

Since there is no subscription revenue coming in, this would mean that everything would have to be purchased for real money. New expansion comes out the only way you can get the content is real money no more getting the content only with DDO point as they can be obtained through playing. Maybe add the option of getting the content only part with Astral Shards, which can only be obtained with real money.

Otto's boxes, bank/inventory, character slots, races/iconics and the like, real money or AS.
Basically DDO points would be good for hirelings, augments, cosmetics, tools/picks basically the odds and ends.

This could quite possibly turn into a higher revenue stream than the current model.

Of course those that have a dragon's horde worth of DDO point will be getting the shaft but hey everybody would have the same account level and abilities.
Lol do you work at SSG or are you on their payroll?

Seriously you are trying to promote this on public forms to attempt to get some sort of supportive train on this thought. This suggestive remark you have made should be completely ignored by all and any that support we should all be weary that it is a sock account for the devs/SSG.

The Narc

On my two accounts i currently am subscribied on one account to vip, but the reason i built a second f2p account was several years ago when the giant shafty nerfs started coming in where they started taking away things in game that had existed for years with zero reason to be changed(ie improved precise shot, ship cargo buffs).

I have solely prepped a ftp account so the very second the devs put the final straw that breaks my camels back on the heap of other straws i will cancel my vip sub and the very last of the money they get from me will be gone. I already stopped spending any other extra money in game back when those two nerfs took place and they felt they could get away with such insulting behaviour without a cost in money for repercussion.

In game I constantly remind players of all the bad behavior the devs have done and continue to do. Until they learn to respect their player base and not insult us, i will continue to rally and represent the players openly in game.

What i wont do is discuss all those things here and i dont recommend others do either, because the guidelines for the forums(read the guidelines carefully and understand them, they are a legally binding document) clearly allow for control and censorship of calling out all the bad behavior and actions of the devs/ssg so it is best to discuss these things in game.

DDO Gaming

I hope that you are enjoying Hardcore on Reaper difficulty. Please know that not everyone wants to play the game the same way you do.
intruth I don't play hardcore because I don't have the right mindset, since I'm more "risk/reward" oriented and that is incompatible with hardcore.

I played it yesterday and suffered a massive headache since I found the experience too stressful. Though that headache could also have been due to a 30 second freeze (literally unable to do anything) during which time I assumed my character had been soulstoned

Altra

Seriously you are trying to promote this on public forms to attempt to get some sort of supportive train on this thought. This suggestive remark you have made should be completely ignored by all and any that support we should all be weary that it is a sock account for the devs/SSG.
Dude, that's my husband.
Watch who you're calling names

Onyxia2016

I guess I should have added a little more sarcasm to the post.
This was an attempt to point out how sideways things could go if VIP was to go away or it perks get given away for free. If there is no subscription revenue coming in then something will need to make up for it.

Oh you want the VIP perk of opening quests on any level? Sure they can do that but it well end up costing you more in the long run.

Last edited:

The Narc

I guess I should have added a little more sarcasm to the post.
This was an attempt to point out how sideways things could go if VIP was to go away or it perks get given away for free. If there is no subscription revenue coming in then something will need to make up for it.

Oh you want the VIP perk of opening quests on any level? Sure they can do that but it well end up costing you more in the load run.
My mistake didnt catch your sarcasm.

👍🏻👍🏻