Please Add these Armors to the game

Arthuvin

Firstly, with all due respect to the development team and with great humility:

I would like to ask the development team to add these armor appearances to the game. These are models that already exist in the game, but whose combination is extremely rare to occur in randomly generated armor.

I suppose that since these appearances already exist in the game, it is feasible, and hopefully not too difficult, to take one of the following paths:

A) Increase the drop probability of this combination in randomly generated armor.
B) Add this appearance as a named item.
C) Add this skin to the DDO Store as a cosmetic.

Below are some of the appearances I request. Some are my ideas, others from @Aelonwy.

1) This first appearance is similar to the Rough Plate and the Nightforge Plate. What I'm proposing is an armor that I call the Stormreach Knight Plate, whose chest, shoulder pads, armguards, waist and shin guards are the same color as the Rough Plate (Grey), but whose base material that covers the character's body is the same color of the Nightforge Plate (Gray too).

It could be added as a Named Item at the end of one of Harbor's quests. Or just have its probability of being generated increased as a random item.

StormreachKnightPlate%20-%20Copia.png

These two are the originals of the game. Nightforge Plate and Rough Plate
NightForge%20-%20Copia.jpg
Rough%20-%20Copia.jpg

2) This one is an armor that only exists for NPCs, but I've seen all kinds of NPCs using it, and I assume it's already rigged for all types of playable characters. Because it is very special, it could be added to the DDO Store as a cosmetic.

I call it the Silver Flame Knight Armor. Helmet too.

Silver_Flame_Knight.jpg

3) These models are from NPCs too, from House Deneith.

Deneith Officer Half Plate. It could be added as a Named Item to the Sentinels Chain. Or as a cosmetic in the store. Pairs well with the Deneith Anniversary Cloak.
Deneith_Officer_Half_Plate.jpg

Deneith Mercenary Chainmail
Deneith_Mercenary_ChainMail.jpg

4) This one I call the Stormreach Guard Half-Plate. It could be obtained as a named item as a reward from the Sharn Syndicade chain in the Marketplace. Or Added to the DDO Store for beig special.
Stormreach_Guard_Half_Plate.jpg

5) This one is from @Aelonwy. She said she's seen a random player using it and hasn't been able to find the same yet. If you could add it as named in some quest it would be cool.
5kNxAU4.jpg

6) @Gyuma Bei requests this amor appearance. He says if it were offered in the DDO store, He'd buy it. He says that his Barbarians and Wolf/Bear Druids would want this:
Monster_Hunter.png

7) Collection of NPC Armor Appearances that @Aelonwy suggests to be added. I Agree:
mdan05S.jpg

5Qk6zFs.jpg

UeWXTN0.jpg

8)Also there are some armors that were once available at the game, but are gone now such as this one:

Cannith Armor With Tabard and Ornate Pauldrons

Canith_Red_Armor_With_Tabard_And_Pauldroms.jpg

I respectfully and humbly ask that the development team do us the favor of adding these appearances to the game.

We know that building a cosmetic system similar to LOTRO may not have an adequate return on investment and may be more expensive in terms of processing and network (causing lag).

Alternatively, we ask you to add some skins directly in the game or in the store. Many of us like cosmetics and their presence in the game adds to the fun for many of us. Not to mention it's a good way for the game to make a extra money.

Thank you very much.

Ps: I ask that anyone who liked it upvote the thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 26

The_Apocalypse

That's its purpose. But the "Rough Plate" base texture overlay has a big gap in the neck, leaving it unprotected. The neck should be covered with chainmail. That's why I've been asking the devs to make a variation of the armor as I show in the picture of the right.
Good call.

Matsu

5) This one is from @Aelonwy. She said she's seen a random player using it and hasn't been able to find the same yet. If you could add it as named in some quest it would be cool.
5kNxAU4.jpg
Popping in here.

This is an original Mithral Full Plate armor design, these old sets of mithral armor are now all bound to character. This random armor was found in Sky Blue, Royal Purple and Blood Red highlights on either a white and a steel armor versions. There is a rumored Blood Red on Gold version but I have never seen it. I still use a glammered version on my Dwarven Defender build.

This Armor is not fully compatible with glammered mirrors, maybe why it was pulled from the game years ago.

Arthuvin

Popping in here.

This is an original Mithral Full Plate armor design, these old sets of mithral armor are now all bound to character. This random armor was found in Sky Blue, Royal Purple and Blood Red highlights on either a white and a steel armor versions. There is a rumored Blood Red on Gold version but I have never seen it. I still use a glammered version on my Dwarven Defender build.

This Armor is not fully compatible with glammered mirrors, maybe why it was pulled from the game years ago.
Yeah, why not? The devs should put an effort to make these compatible again.

Matsu

Just curious...in what way is it not compatible with mirrors?
For some reason when you make a mirrored glammered version you do not always get all the "layers" of the armor.

This leads me to believe the older armors are composites of multiple armors but that is just a guess. An white base mated with a blue highlights vs. a steel base mated with the same blue highlights. Granimals for ddo.

I tried to link a great attempt of glammerizing the above armor, but I guess I am not allowed to do so.

Last edited:

Buddha5440

For some reason when you make a mirrored glammered version you do not always get all the "layers" of the armor.

This leads me to believe the older armors are composites of multiple armors but that is just a guess. An white base mated with a blue highlights vs. a steel base mated with the same blue highlights. Granimals for ddo.

I tried to link a great attempt of glammerizing the above armor, but I guess I am not allowed to do so.
Ahh...Thanks. The only armor I've tried a mirror on is the snakeskin vest (looks pretty good for bow builds IMO).

Arthuvin

They are awesome. The only flaw of the Brutish Cuirass is the big gap on the neck leaving it uprotected. There is no chainmail protecting that region.

Last edited:

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I agree, the lack of neck protection kinda sucks. I have a character that has the Brutish Cuirass as a cosmetic but I have it paired with a Hood of Unrest cosmetic for that brooding Aragorn look. Plus it covers the exposed neck. I'll try to post a pic of toon later.
Hood_of_Unrest.png

nenetteblackmoor

I picked this up recently and immediately thought of this thread.
This is the Brutish Cuirass from Blockade Buster. A couple of other armors that I like are Howling Hatred, and Bloodplate.
Brutish_Cuirass.png
I also love the unique appearance of the Brutish Cuirass.
Its realistic design holds up well even when compared to historically accurate armor.

I'm using it in combination with the Alchemical Tower Shield, but I'm also considering if the Shield of Reflecting would complement this armor.
The shields in DDO have too many extravagant designs, making it difficult to coordinate.

nenetteblackmoor

Popping in here.

MvMZxuO.jpg

I didn't have the blue version.
I think what Aelonwy is wearing is probably the blue version.

If you're looking for old-type armor, I recommend the 'Repossession' quest.
Not only does it finish in just two minutes per run, but the reward is always armor.
Moreover, the reward for this quest is unique, and you won't run out no matter how many times you do it.

However, in DDO's random craft armor, there are hidden elements, and at lower item levels, acquiring armor with all parts becomes difficult.

Quests that drop old-type armor are mostly low-level quests, so it's a matter of perseverance.
If you're lucky, you might even get a half-plate with a full plate icon.

Last edited:

Aelonwy

MvMZxuO.jpg

I didn't have the blue version.
I think what Aelonwy is wearing is probably the blue version.

Unfortunately, the image I posted is NOT something I own but a pic I took of a random player because I liked her armor. I'll keep trying and checking the armor I pick up but sadly trying to farm a random gen appearance is appallingly difficult, frustrating, and you are never any closer to your goal as its just random chance if you ever succeed.

nenetteblackmoor

Unfortunately, the image I posted is NOT something I own but a pic I took of a random player because I liked her armor. I'll keep trying and checking the armor I pick up but sadly trying to farm a random gen appearance is appallingly difficult, frustrating, and you are never any closer to your goal as its just random chance if you ever succeed.
Hi Aelonwy.
I'm not sure if it's good news, but I'll tell you how to get that armor(different body textures).

I just got it in Red Fens a moment ago. As you know, the Quest rewards in Red Fens have a level bug.
The quest level is high, but the reward item's level is low.
I thought maybe I could get the Full Plate with all the parts, so I tried experimenting, and I easily got it.

PyeXQTV.jpg

I got many Full Plate Armors, but they were all the type with all the parts assembled.

I also received an old-style chainmail with a skirt.
It seems like the armor you get from Red Fens Quest Reward is definitely using an outdated random generator.

qzWSY8h.jpeg

By the way, in the 'Repossession' quest, you can also get a unique type of Brigandine.
Unfortunately, the drawback is that all armors seem to be B2A.
It would be great if there were a way to pass on B2A random items to others...

FSGavLu.jpeg

Last edited:

Aelonwy

Looks like I need to run more Red Fens. I knew you could get some of the old random gen steel shield designs, however, the armors I last pulled from there didn't seem different from what I was getting in random gen elsewhere. But I haven't seen that short chain dress in so long I forgot it existed. I guess my last end reward selections were just randomly boring.

nenetteblackmoor

I would like if they could return the old models to random loot robes. Robes used to have various (old?) models and now they usually only use few (new?) ones.

You can only get old robe models from some outdated quest rewards that still offer old random loot with bad stats.

This is probably the same for other armor too.

That's why people cannot find random loot items like the ones you see some people have, they probaly got them on old random loot.

I can't cast spells because my brain is made of muscles.
That's why I'm not familiar with robes, but what do old-style robes look like?

If anyone knows, please tell me, whether it's a link or a screenshot.