Poll: Should SSG do something for players due to the weekend downtime?

Should SSG do something for players due to the weekend downtime?

• No, bringing the servers up is reward enough

Votes: 53 24.7%
  • Yes, 1 or more xp potions

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Yes, a week-long bonus for xp, guild renown, loot

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Yes, a raider's reward box

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • Yes, all of the above

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Yes, all of the above and moarrrrrr

Votes: 56 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Livmo

Because of the length of the downtime I wouldn't mind seeing a nice Otto's box, either heroic or epic. Or a raiders box/free raid resets for those who obviously missed their weekend raiding experience. While it's not required by any means (all jokes aside, this was out of SSG's control entirely) it's simply a sign of good faith.
I used one of the free stones on Wayfinder from their rollback and could use the Raider's Box there. I never see groups for CiTW and I want the Needle or Pinion.

Livmo

The raider's reward box is garbage in 2024. CitW can be soloed.
True but I'm 1st life and used a stone. My gear really, really sucks. Most is from ES comms at L20. Wayfinder is great for testing solo builds tho.

And yes I should just finish the quests and post an LFM for CiTW and run whether anyone joins or not.

I only plan to ER there. A Needle or Pinion is fine for mid-ranges.

Cmecu

Our Gift for you.

vaseline-petroleum-jelly-on-a-white-background-BYB7AG.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Because of the length of the downtime I wouldn't mind seeing a nice Otto's box, either heroic or epic. Or a raiders box/free raid resets for those who obviously missed their weekend raiding experience. While it's not required by any means (all jokes aside, this was out of SSG's control entirely) it's simply a sign of good faith.
$15 a month, or $.50 a day.
Ottos box is what, 6k points? (never bought one, don't know)
6k points is what, the $60 bundle or thereabouts?

You lost $1 of playtime and want $60 value in return.

That's if you are VIP. Premium, yeah, well...

Kessaran

I lost nearly an entire TR to the 16 hours I could have played over the weekend, and a LOT of players are like me and can spam a TR out that quickly because of pots/VIP etc.

Ying

5000+ hours played
If there's some sort of compensation for the downtime, it will never address the opportunity costs. The actual reward doesn't matter because no one can make up for lost time. SSG's attitude and response is the only lasting thing that matters. Anyone expecting a Wayfinder-like reward is out of touch with reality. At best VIP subscriptions, the month of gold rolls, and existing sales/weekend bonuses will be extended. Expecting something useful, even something like a Quiver of Alacrity or other 15th anniversary reward token, is just unrealistic.

You have two resources as a consumer: Where you spend your money, and where you spend your attention.

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
I’m quite bitter about missing the last 99DP expansion discount offer. I was a new player and didn’t understand the significance of it. I’d very much appreciate if we could have that for just 50 hours, the duration of the downtime. Also if it would be available on all the expansions (except Vecna), that would be an even nicer touch. 😉

I would definitely be able to forgive you for causing me to have so much fun in the forum. 😁

Last edited:

Sarlona Raiding

If there's some sort of compensation for the downtime, it will never address the opportunity costs. The actual reward doesn't matter because no one can make up for lost time. SSG's attitude and response is the only lasting thing that matters. Anyone expecting a Wayfinder-like reward is out of touch with reality. At best VIP subscriptions, the month of gold rolls, and existing sales/weekend bonuses will be extended. Expecting something useful, even something like a Quiver of Alacrity or other 15th anniversary reward token, is just unrealistic.

You have two resources as a consumer: Where you spend your money, and where you spend your attention.

SSG doesn't owe us anything, but there is definitely a missed opportunity for SSG if they do nothing beyond extend VIP by 2 days. I agree that a weekend of downtime doesn't really compare to what happened on wayfinder and expectations should be much much lower.

However, I think once SSG broadcasted that the next message would be ETA or the server up - it kept up alot of people from shifting gears thinking they would still be able to play DDO over the holiday weekend. So yes SSG did waste people's time with that false hope, although I am sure they sincerely believed they could resolve the issue faster than what actually happened.

There are alot of things they can do that cost them nothing other than a tiny amount of time that would go a long way towards generating goodwill. I think they should do that, although I certainly am not going to lose sleep over it either way. To me it's simply an indicator of how much SSG cares about our time and schedule. It's useful data for me as a customer.

JustHavingFunBro

Ah, just a buck? Let's shut it down every weekend. No big deal, right? Some of you are sick with the boot flavor.