Poll: Should SSG do something for players due to the weekend downtime?

Should SSG do something for players due to the weekend downtime?

• No, bringing the servers up is reward enough

Votes: 53 24.7%
  • Yes, 1 or more xp potions

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Yes, a week-long bonus for xp, guild renown, loot

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Yes, a raider's reward box

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • Yes, all of the above

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Yes, all of the above and moarrrrrr

Votes: 56 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buddha5440

At least one of those responses was a joke , but you all have gotten yourselves into a real serious forum war, really good stuff, I hope you win it.
Agreed.

This thread has given me as much, if not more, entertainment then a weekend of playing does! :) Demanding the return of something that was taken away from you. You never had it to be taken away in the first place.

Kissfan

True but I'm 1st life and used a stone. My gear really, really sucks. Most is from ES comms at L20. Wayfinder is great for testing solo builds tho.

And yes I should just finish the quests and post an LFM for CiTW and run whether anyone joins or not.

I only plan to ER there. A Needle or Pinion is fine for mid-ranges.
maybe we can run it together I did the same thing my gear is garbage as well

Guntango

The stuff you posted under the entitlement examples are greed, plain and simple. Won't argue that. As for me, I just want my two days' worth of VIP time and gold rolls back, and if SSG is extending the gold rolls then I have nothing to complain about. Would you be so kind as to show me where SSG stated this? I haven't run across any such announcement. Not saying it isn't there, just saying I haven't seen it.
You should take this.

Epicsoul

Considering how so many members of this community reacted during the downtime ...

Maybe SSG can fund some addiction counseling.
DDO Store: New Items!

Addiction Counseling 5000 DDO Points*

*The counseling services provided within this video game are designed to earn cold hard cash and should not be considered a substitute for professional counseling or medical advice. Standing Stone Games does not assume any legal liability for the accuracy or applicability of the advice provided by fictional counselors within the game.

I have voted no as it is enough if they have taken time over the BH weekend to try to sort things and update. Not aware of any loss to players in terms of items or any rollback so why we would be compensated?

Falkor

I'm honestly glad there wasn't a need for character rollbacks. And while its disappointing the game was down, these things happen. While I was looking forward to some gaming, with the servers down, just moved on and did other things. Not a blip on my radar.

First world problems folks.

If someone is able to play this game, they most likely live in a safer part of the world, have resources, and far more agency in life than so many other humans on this planet. And these are the people raging that the game was down for a weekend. And they claim they aren't entitled?

How embarrassing, to be that kind of person.

At least our homes aren't being bombed. We don't have to be worried about getting killed by walking out our front door. We have shelter, food, and a consistency that allows us to game, almost anytime we want.

While I get frustrated at SSGs marketing and administrative choices, at the end of the day, its a game. Move on.

When I'm on my deathbed, I won't be caring how many past lives I got, XP to go, or if the game servers are up and going.

In the meanwhile between here and the inevitable then, is life to live.

Guntango

I'm honestly glad there wasn't a need for character rollbacks. And while its disappointing the game was down, these things happen. While I was looking forward to some gaming, with the servers down, just moved on and did other things. Not a blip on my radar.

First world problems folks.

If someone is able to play this game, they most likely live in a safer part of the world, have resources, and far more agency in life than so many other humans on this planet. And these are the people raging that the game was down for a weekend. And they claim they aren't entitled?

How embarrassing, to be that kind of person.

At least our homes aren't being bombed. We don't have to be worried about getting killed by walking out our front door. We have shelter, food, and a consistency that allows us to game, almost anytime we want.

While I get frustrated at SSGs marketing and administrative choices, at the end of the day, its a game. Move on.

When I'm on my deathbed, I won't be caring how many past lives I got, XP to go, or if the game servers are up and going.

In the meanwhile between here and the inevitable then, is life to live.
Dude, lighten up. We don't need preaching. The game was down during a holiday weekend, and folks who made plans to play were disappointed by their go-to game. A little how ya doin' from SSG would make it nice.

No need to conjure starving babies to guilt your fellow gamers.

Falkor

A fresh take coming from someone who goes out of their way to be insulting to people.
If you feel guilty that's on you. But what I know of you, I would be seriously surprised to find any speck of compassion or genuine guilt or remorse. Go back to your vault.

Some perspective about the state of the world and what people face is a wake up call. Cry about having it pointed out more, along with the rivers of tears from people who had emotional breakdowns with the game being offline.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Guntango

A fresh take coming from someone who goes out of their way to be insulting to people.
You'll have to either prove where I'm insulting people here or explain to Cordo why you're being reported.
If you feel guilty that's on you. But what I know of you, I would be seriously surprised to find any speck of compassion or genuine guilt or remorse. Go back to your vault.
No guilt in my milk, Fam. It ain't my website, I just find it to be a relaxing place to share time with friends. I'm sorry someone hurt you on that site, but if you don't like it, then I'm not sure why you would spend so much time there...
Some perspective about the state of the world and what people face is a wake up call. Cry about having it pointed out more, along with the rivers of tears from people who had emotional breakdowns with the game being offline.
People are here to escape reality, son. No one needs you to bring hellfire and doom to their attention; for all you know, the people here are living with worse.