Poll: Should SSG do something for players due to the weekend downtime?

Should SSG do something for players due to the weekend downtime?

• No, bringing the servers up is reward enough

Votes: 53 24.7%
  • Yes, 1 or more xp potions

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Yes, a week-long bonus for xp, guild renown, loot

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Yes, a raider's reward box

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • Yes, all of the above

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Yes, all of the above and moarrrrrr

Votes: 56 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Epicsoul

If someone is able to play this game, they most likely live in a safer part of the world, have resources, and far more agency in life than so many other humans on this planet. And these are the people raging that the game was down for a weekend. And they claim they aren't entitled?

How embarrassing, to be that kind of person.

At least our homes aren't being bombed. We don't have to be worried about getting killed by walking out our front door. We have shelter, food, and a consistency that allows us to game, almost anytime we want.
In this forum post, I aim to discuss the philosophical conundrum surrounding the moral justification of posting to DDO's forums while others face significant struggles. I contend that individuals who reside in secure, resource-rich environments, and enjoy the assurance of safety should question whether they ought to bear a strong sense of guilt for allocating their time to online gaming forums rather than alleviating the plight of feeding starving babies.

Summary: Get yo priorities straight. Save the kitten in the burning tree!
Dude, lighten up. We don't need preaching. The game was down during a holiday weekend, and folks who made plans to play were disappointed by their go-to game. A little how ya doin' from SSG would make it nice.

No need to conjure starving babies to guilt your fellow gamers.
Headline: Lava Divers hates starving babies.

Guntango

He's upset by something that is obviously out of my control. As civil conversation is clearly off the table, ignore is the only rational answer. The community gets smaller. :(

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I'm honestly glad there wasn't a need for character rollbacks. And while its disappointing the game was down, these things happen. While I was looking forward to some gaming, with the servers down, just moved on and did other things. Not a blip on my radar.

First world problems folks.

If someone is able to play this game, they most likely live in a safer part of the world, have resources, and far more agency in life than so many other humans on this planet. And these are the people raging that the game was down for a weekend. And they claim they aren't entitled?

How embarrassing, to be that kind of person.

At least our homes aren't being bombed. We don't have to be worried about getting killed by walking out our front door. We have shelter, food, and a consistency that allows us to game, almost anytime we want.

While I get frustrated at SSGs marketing and administrative choices, at the end of the day, its a game. Move on.

When I'm on my deathbed, I won't be caring how many past lives I got, XP to go, or if the game servers are up and going.

In the meanwhile between here and the inevitable then, is life to live.
Invalidating people's emotions or concerns because others have it worse off is in poor taste.
Someone's car breaks down. "There's people that don't even own cars."
Someone gets in car crash. "Well, at least it wasn't an airplane cash".
Batman's parents dies. "At least you had parents."
Someone has a medical condition. "It's not as bad as Ebola."
etc. etc. etc.

Show some empathy. Maybe the person who had issues with the game being down is having a rough time. Maybe they don't have any family around on a holiday weekend (for those that do Easter). Maybe their social network of choice is the folks they know in the game. I don't know their life stories and neither do you, so there's no reason to tell them things could worse; things are good or bad enough for them without needing to compare their life to others.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Look at all the LD jumping on to attack me for having an opinion. If what I was saying had no merit, then why not ignore it and move on?

Your responses are revealing and only prove my point.
I haven't actually seen them attack you. Respond yes, but not attack (maybe I missed those???)

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
8ldi7w.jpg

Guntango

well everyone I know has a life so they wouldn't have time like me I have a band, family, FtF group, a job
You'd be surprised at what some of my friends do irl and can still level in a weekend. Trivializing their lives because you can't is in poor taste.