Put expansion claim vendors in the Hall of Heroes.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Double up all the expansion claim vendors by putting them in the hall of heroes (put them in the expansion specific areas for "flavor" and HoH for convenience). Then when someone buys an expansion and wants to claim something, they can find their 'just purchased' stuff in an easy location rather then trying to track down where the new X or Y vendor is.

Last edited:
Upvote 33

Aelonwy

i don't see the problem in expansions having a different way of giving you stuff and being consistently inconsistent and having the npc scattered here and there without even a couple of dialogue lines to state clearly in game how they and their related bundles are giving away things, or not even a simple in-game mail to direct you and explain a bit about your shiny new content.

Oh I agree that's a missed opportunity of gigantic proportions. Whenever someone purchases a Collector's or Ultimate Bundle the first character they log onto should receive an in-game character mail with directions to the NPC that will be giving them their stuff. Make it part of the story even and help that immersion along.

I still remember when I first purchased Harbinger of Madness and received an in-game mail from the Free Agents telling me they needed my character's help investigating the disappearances. That was such an awesome story-hook. We should have received mail from House Jorasco asking for help for the Disciples of Rage quests. I wish they did this more.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Whenever someone purchases a Collector's or Ultimate Bundle the first character they log onto should receive an in-game character mail with directions to the NPC that will be giving them their stuff.
The number of people posting angrily about not having access to machro ED despite having just bought it shows routing people to correct locations is a problem; and that's just a simple one of visiting the fatespinner, going inside to the arcane trainers, and unlocking it.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Double up all the expansion claim vendors by putting them in the hall of heroes (put them in the expansion specific areas for "flavor" and HoH for convenience). Then when someone buys an expansion and wants to claim something, they can find their 'just purchased' stuff in an easy location rather then trying to track down where the new X or Y vendor is.
+1

Cernunan

Only 1 npc would be enough, and when you talk to him the convo panel would offer the existing packs to choose from. Something like the loot guy on lama.
Sure, but the HoH is huge and mostly unused. A few paper dolls representing the packs they grant is flavorful and fun, and gives a little depth and character. This isn't a text game, it a visual medium.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Sure, but the HoH is huge and mostly unused. A few paper dolls representing the packs they grant is flavorful and fun, and gives a little depth and character. This isn't a text game, it a visual medium.
As Rabidfox suggested, Expansion NPC can be at multiply places at once. Just like Randall the augment vendor.
One can be in the HH for convinience and another one at the expansion area for flavor.
Its a win win situation. Every player can be happy and Devs can be happy too cause every player is happy!

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Great idea! This will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!

CBDunk

It is like Christmas every day. A new gift from Santonquin.

This one will also be nice for newly created characters. It is one thing to have to go to some random spot once when a new expansion comes out, but when you add a new character they have to run to the random spots for each OLD expansion. This will make it nice and easy to collect them all from one place.

Kathwynn

I can get behind this idea of putting the expansion vendors into one area. It saves a lot of people asking where is that vendor again? A new player who bought a couple of expansions was dismayed at the thought of having to run to sharn and then run out to the docks in Stormreach.

Shoot, it took me a couple of days to get to the expansion vendor for the newest expansion pack. Until a fellow guildie clued me in. All I knew it was somewhere in sharn.. SMH

Lazuli

Great idea! This will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!
Are they going to be only the claim vendors of the new xpacks, or also the old ones? If the old ones are not included, could you convert to bta the btc stormhorns cosmetics, please? (bladeforged, shadar-kai and morninglord cosmetics, from pre-order xpack and the xpack).

It is very annoying to receive them only once per character and that they are btc. If they were bta or we could claim them as many times as we could it would be much more reasonable.

Please, please, please.

misterski

Are they going to be only the claim vendors of the new xpacks, or also the old ones? If the old ones are not included, could you convert to bta the btc stormhorns cosmetics, please? (bladeforged, shadar-kai and morninglord cosmetics, from pre-order xpack and the xpack).

It is very annoying to receive them only once per character and that they are btc. If they were bta or we could claim them as many times as we could it would be much more reasonable.

Please, please, please.
It's an annoyance but the older expansions don't have claim NPCs, so how would they put them in?

Last edited:

Lazuli

It's an annoyance but the older expansions don't have claim NPCs, so how would they put them in?
Creating them, obviously. And if that is not possible (for reasons of time, because it is evident that they can create them), I have asked Tonquin to convert the cosmetics into bta, which should not take much time.