Ravenloft Bottle of Mist and the cosmetic bundle items from the old Ravenloft Expansion

Chiefvisigoth

I mentioned the possibility of offering the old Ravenloft cosmetic items as something you could get to Serverlin Friday and he mentioned about putting it in the forums. So here is what I think would be nice to get.

The old Ravenloft expansions had a number of items included in the bundle. My idea is outlined below with the original items listed as per the Wiki article which took some digging to find

Teleport item Bottle of MIst transports you to Barovia

Pets
  • Black Cat
  • Raven
Cosmetics
  • Barovian Noble Outfit and Barovian Noble Hat
  • Vampire hunter outfit and Vampire hunter hat
Hirelings
  • Level 10 Scarecrow 250
  • Level 30 Scarecrow 250

Enhancement Tree Visanti Knife Fighter (currently available in the DDO store)

Two options are to offer them similar to the Keep on the Borderlands bundle or as bundles similar to Underdark Patron's Coffers.

I think the big item most people would like to get is the Bottle of Mist teleporter item. Maybe just offer that in the store.

If we get enough votes for this maybe this can happen soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 15

Cmecu

I would like to buy the bottle to port to Ravenloft. I have the Exapansion, but I never bought the collectors edition. It sucks years later not being able to port to there. Plus I would like the hireling. So ya I vote yes

Spook

They should probably just put the bundles back in the cash shop - sounds like some people are still willing to buy them

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
But when though?

This isn't a new idea, and it's been something we (as a player base) has been asking for a long time to acquire.

Also like the Onyx Panther from the pre-order of the collectors edition of MoTU. Some of us would like to acquire that too.

Spook

They cant offer the Onyx Panther ever again as that was a pre-order exclusive. They can offer similar (eg re-colors) of the item in future if they choose.

Kipp

They cant offer the Onyx Panther ever again as that was a pre-order exclusive. They can offer similar (eg re-colors) of the item in future if they choose.

What is stopping them? They can do whatever they want, its their game.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
What is stopping them? They can do whatever they want, its their game.
Some things were pre-order exclusive items with legal wording to that effect. They stopped doing pre-order exclusive stuff ages ago as it backed them into a corner on those type items. Getting sued over it isn't something they'd want their money and resources spent on.

Lazuli

At some point we do want to bring back the Bottle of Mist for players who want it. There are a bunch of things we could do, from bundles as suggested in the OP to offering it standalone to bringing back the expansion offerings.
Do both. There is a market for both the complete bundle (with the bottle, the tpme per character, the three months of VIP, the hirelings...) and for objects such as the bottle separately. You will make more sales if you diversify the options.

Ying

5000+ hours played
At some point we do want to bring back the Bottle of Mist for players who want it. There are a bunch of things we could do, from bundles as suggested in the OP to offering it standalone to bringing back the expansion offerings.
Serious: What does it take to get something added to the store? Players have been asking for this teleporter for years. The item already exists. Surely whomever manages the store can slap a price on it and be done with it already.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
If or when they go to store... Could this itens (Bottle of Mist, Key to Eveningstar, D12 and other similar teleports) have an exclusive tab on the inventory (like pets and mounts)?

Inventory management is such an important aspect of the game (especially while TRing - TR cache :sick:), having multiple itens just to ocasional teleport isn't a nice QoL. Sorry (but not sorry)!

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Seriously?! Let me make an estimated guess and say that we have at least a dozen threads over the 8 years asking just that. And SSG shot us down more than once. Now it is doable?
Come clean, yes or no?

Titus.

Aelonwy

Hubby and I already have the top bundle of Ravenloft but it would be nice to get the bundle items even A La Carte for the kids.

If its only the teleporter you guys are thinking of making available again may I suggest making it a part of a new Ravenloft Bundle such as:
How about...
Ravenloft Bonus Pack $30
Shadow Steed a semitransparent and smokey black steed with glowing red eyes
Thunderforged Weapon Aura (rename it if you like but essentially that visual effect)
Cosmetic Cloak of Shadows (Tattered semi-transparent dark cloak with Thunderforged smoke effect)
Shadow cosmetic pet like the undead mob.

Special Edition of the above Bonus Pack could be 50$ but could also include a Bottle of Mist for the people that missed out on that purchase.

Aelastiar

Yes please.

I would also like to be able to buy the elite spider cult mask. I missed out and now I'm forever missing that 1 profane to all skills. Not /s.

Lazuli

If or when they go to store... Could this itens (Bottle of Mist, Key to Eveningstar, D12 and other similar teleports) have an exclusive tab on the inventory (like pets and mounts)?

Inventory management is such an important aspect of the game (especially while TRing - TR cache :sick:), having multiple itens just to ocasional teleport isn't a nice QoL. Sorry (but not sorry)!
You only need to have one teleporter item in your inventory, that allows you to use all the teleporters you have flags for. So select the one you like the most, and throw the rest in the trash.

You can pull the teleport locations to the shortcut bar if you want.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Could this itens (Bottle of Mist, Key to Eveningstar, D12 and other similar teleports) have an exclusive tab on the inventory
You only need to have one teleporter item in your inventory, that allows you to use all the teleporters you have flags for. So select the one you like the most, and throw the rest in the trash.
The teleport item revamp covered all the ultimate bundle teleports, but estar key & d12 aren't included; so there's still some room for a little more inventory improvement they could do.

Lazuli

The teleport item revamp covered all the ultimate bundle teleports, but estar key & d12 aren't included; so there's still some room for a little more inventory improvement they could do.
True, I was only talking about the xpack teleporters. Don't throw away the key and the dice!

Yes, of course there is room for improvement. But I told him that so that he would know in case he had lost the information about that revamp. The devs may or may not improve this in the future, but sticking with a single xpack teleport item is something he can do now, and save a few inventory slots.

I want a tab for permanent hirelings too (like the one for mounts, but for permanent hirelings)....

Last edited:

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
there's still some room for a little more inventory improvement they could do.
Yes, there is!

The Phiarlan Pendant of Time, it could be an automatic buff like the Silver Flame in town regeneration.

The Harper Lesser and Greater pin could be a feat SLA spell like Epic Mage Armor.

Must be other stuff, but those are some minor QoL that could help easy the Inventory puzzle.

Blerkington

I'd happily buy the expansion pack teleport items individually at a reasonable price.

What I'm not interested in is being asked to overpay for them because they are once again being bundled with cosmetic stuff I don't want.

Please don't repeat the mistake you always make with your expansion packs. Allow your customers to pick what they want rather than trying to force them to buy everything.

Last edited: