Remove -skiprawdownload from launcher shortcut after game update

Cordovan

Community Manager
Customer Support has encountered a number of players who manually added -skiprawdownload to their game launcher shortcut on their desktop who subsequently experienced an issue launching the game client after an update. If you do decide to add the variable to your game launcher, make sure to remove -skiprawdownload prior to launching your game client following a game update. Thanks!

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Isn't it really -disablepatch that's the problem?
That's what I thought.

I have -skiprawdownload on my shortcut atm. I did log in yesterday after patch, without any problems.

Of course, that may have been pure luck, but still... are you sure it's -skiprawdownload that's the problem, and not -disablepatch?

Xinidia

Something definitely got changed/fixed with U67. I needed -rawskipdownload pre patch, but no longer do. Maybe it's just me, but the launcher seems to initialize faster now too.

Cordovan

Community Manager
That's what I thought.

I have -skiprawdownload on my shortcut atm. I did log in yesterday after patch, without any problems.

Of course, that may have been pure luck, but still... are you sure it's -skiprawdownload that's the problem, and not -disablepatch?
Not 100% sure on what the issue is really, but we've had enough of these tickets that customer support suggested we let people know.

Toblakai

Many people, add --skiprawdownload to stop the launcher from replacing the openal files every time they use the launcher. This is done as a workaround for the raptor sound crashing bug that they refuse to fix. This wouldn't be as much of a problem for CS if they would just fix this bug.

Lanadazia

Many people, add --skiprawdownload to stop the launcher from replacing the openal files every time they use the launcher. This is done as a workaround for the raptor sound crashing bug that they refuse to fix. This wouldn't be as much of a problem for CS if they would just fix this bug.
that is something i'm interessted in adding, since i have that bug.
how do i add it?

Dolmatov

what does -nosplash do exactly?
The name speaks for itself. Remove the display of "splash_screen_{lang}.bmp" (splash_screen_en.bmp) on startup. The file itself continues to be used and created.
Doesn't seem to affect or significantly impact startup speed. At the top of the page, information about the launch of the next launcher is displayed.