Smaller, more affordable Support Packs Please?

Aelonwy

As suggested by FreetoPlayDDO, it might be more beneficial to create smaller more affordable Support Packs desirable by a wider range of players. I'd like to brainstorm.

$10 Pack
One cosmetic - suggest color variation of Traveler's Outfit, perhaps dark blue? Maybe launder the female's blouse?
One low level Adventure Pack - Ex. Tangleroot Gorge (Could use an update but still good)
One Permanent Hireling - suggest 5th level cleric or FvS, any

$25 Pack (for newer players)
Shared Bank Initial Purchase
Shared Crafting Storage Initial Purchase
One Fast Mount - suggest regular horse, doesn't matter color its for player convenience not for showing off.
Just items absolutely necessary to comfortably enjoy the game.

$30 Pack (Intermediate and Nostalgia motivated players)
Delera's + Threnal Pack (Threnal desperately needs update preferably to similar epic level usage as Delera's)
Jeets Permanent Rogue Hireling level 10
Cosmetic Voice D20 Orb
Cosmetic D&D themed Mantle suggest Dragon Ampersand Symbol

Other ideas?

Upvote 17

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Cannith Support Pack 30$
Secrets of the Artificiers Adv pack
Ancient Iron Defender Cosmetic Pet (with the sea green lines)
Cyan Cannith Robe or Heavy Armor cosmetic (Bring it back from the BTI cosmetic trash bin)
Lvl 18 Talbron Tewn Permanent Hireling
Instead of hirling summon a deconstructor would be nice, or some npc acting as a deconstructor.

Alisonique

You absolutely had me at flying carpet!
Please can someone who can make this happen read this and make at least some of the players happy.
That would make such a brilliant expansion.
MAKE IT SO!..........................................................................................please :)

Aelonwy

Celimas.

I was trying to think up a Bonus Bundle that could include each of the original 3 as permanent hirelings. Celimas is a cleric of the Silver Flame yes? So it must have something to do with the Necropolis.

So something like:
Silver Flame Bonus Bundle $25
Permanent level 14 or 15 hireling cleric Celimas Villhune
Cosmetic set either using Silver Flame Nugget prizes as cosmetics or some variation of them
Add a matching cloak of the Silver Flame
Silver Flame archon cosmetic pet... suggest a turquoise blue lantern archon.
Maybe a snow white horse with Silver Flame barding?

Alternately:
Permanent Celimas Villhune cleric hireling with special effect only useable in Orchard epic wilderness zone - members of the Silverflame will no longer attack/become hostile while Celimas is in the party. Kind of the opposite of pay to win if you are trying to get slayers but its always bothered me that I have to kill the Silver flame guys because they are just STUPID and assume if I am out there and not undead I must be a werewolf.

Aelonwy

Instead of hirling summon a deconstructor would be nice, or some npc acting as a deconstructor.

I had to look this up to discover a temporary form already existed in the store. So you suggest a permanent thingamabob or NPC that you can clicky/summon for in-quest item deconstruction? It's an interesting idea but idk if its right for a mostly cosmetic bundle. Much like an articulated mechanical mount, it sounds like something that would be great for an actual expansion. In fact, both sound like they belong in an expansion having to do with House Cannith.

It'd be nice if they simply brought back the Starter Pack so people can get Elieri off an inital cash purchase. It's been gone since they made a bunch of the races/classes f2p (which overlapped with stuff offered in the old pack). You'd think bringing it back with Aasimar in the pack would've been a simple straightfoward thing but nope, all this time later and still no pack for sale despite various new players coming in that might buy it.
The starter pack is still available on Amazon. See this thread in the new player forum... Catacombs package on Amazon

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
Mix and match. $10 pack, pick three items out of 10, $20, pick 5 items, etc...etc... This way, you are not stuck with what they want you to have and can make a wide variety of players happy.

Aelonwy

Shavarath Bonus Pack

Permanent Succubus Hireling lvl 18 Sorcerer
Sentient Jewel of the Charming (Sounds similar to Malicia)
Red/black and Dark Violet cosmetics that match the Shavarath landscape perhaps spiky to match the architecture but NO SKULLS! I'd make whatever it was look seductive too, spiky and seductive. Might end up matching the Elite Spider Cult Mask from MotU pre-order just because of color and spikiness.

I'm not sure how to price this with a sentient jewel, they really are just a cosmetic choice... whatever appeals to the player but VA probably costs them a lot. The players need to be able to get more than one if they like it. If it were me, I would have the initial purchase, and anyone flagged having made the initial purchase could purchase future Charming Jewels separately for a reasonable DDO pt cost. Of course their idea of reasonable and mine rarely coincide. But I'm still angry about only getting ONE EVER Lizardfolk gem with an expansion purchase. That was a complete waste of VA work for a cosmetic option.

Aelonwy

I'm not sure how to price this with a sentient jewel, they really are just a cosmetic choice... whatever appeals to the player but VA probably costs them a lot. The players need to be able to get more than one if they like it. If it were me, I would have the initial purchase, and anyone flagged having made the initial purchase could purchase future Charming Jewels separately for a reasonable DDO pt cost.

Well now we know they understand Sentient Gems are a cosmetic choice (with the inclusion in Vecna Unleashed) and that they can flag or remove the 20 sentient XP from the empty gem.

Here's to hoping (y) they retroactively change the Lizard Folk Gem so that people can have more of those.

saekee

long live ROGUE
$4.99 gets you:
6 astral shards
250 SSG points
1 mirror of glammering
self-guest pass tokens for use in a ViP or any quest or pack, 16 in number

From a marketing standpoint, you tickle their taste for discovering more stuff in the game without them committing to 1month of ViP (which is obviously better).

Aelonwy

So Cannith Crafted should be following this new progression? Good.

You guys really need to bite the bullet and revisit the loot tables of content dropping N/H/E/EN/EH/EE versions of loot. It was an intriguing loot experiment when you did it, didn't end up being the best idea, however loot currently is pretty awesome so *thumbs up* on progress... But now that means this old style difficulty-tiered loot is a weird anomaly, an inconsistency that needs to stop. So please find some time and erase this blunder from the game. If you need something to pay for it, I suggest doing a small cosmetic bundle for each pack its associated with... but DON'T price it like an expansion... because its NOT an expansion.

Gianthold, Wheloon, Stormhorns, High Road, Druid's Deep. Did I miss any?

Gianthold... heck this could be as easy as putting all the dragon armors as cosmetics in the store, all they need is matching cloaks that look like dragon wings lying down the back. Also Shadow Dragonscale could use a matching helm.
Druid's Deep... I always wanted something like the Livewood Core for a fleshy race, mossy with vines.
High Road... Harper's cosmetic Bundle with visible Harper Pin on the outfit, maybe a Harp shield or Orb. Make the cloak similar in style to the Tiefling Scoundrel one shoulder cloak.
Wheloon... a Shadar-kai-esque style everyone can enjoy?
Stormhorns... something Ranger-like, maybe pull this art file out of wherever its been buried:

Center 4 images
5Qk6zFs.jpg

Quoting myself from a Lamannia thread for reference. I wanted to flesh out an expand on these suggestions.

To start with:

Gianthold would have to be a special case where you could mix and match 3 items of your choice from the Dragon varieties. I do mean ALL the dragon armor varieties currently - so not just white/blue/black but also red/green/shadow. For instance, say you had already mirrored the red dragon robe some time in the past but you want an official cosmetic of the red helm and red dragon wing cloak (new item I'm suggesting because it would be cool) so you could choose any red dragon armor style to match or maybe the third item could be any other dragon item. So instead of being forced to choose one helm, one cloak, one armor you could instead get 3 cloaks or two cloaks and a helm. I imagine people would buy multiple bundles of these, especially if they were priced reasonably at 10$ to 15$. Most of the artwork is already done except matching cloaks looking like dragon wings down the back would be new but could all be the same just different colors and Shadow and Green dragon need a helm to match their styles.

Aelonwy

Druid's Deep

As I said before Livewood Core from DD is a good place to start. https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Livewood_Core_(Level_15)

I always wanted something very natural for my non-warforged druid to wear and as an alternate for a blight druid when not in Thorn shape this could be awesome. Take the Cloak of Spring https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Cloak_of_Spring and give it more vibrant, darker green leaves for a matching cloak. And I would suggest something new(ish) for the helm:

6djeKR4.jpg

This^ is from a very old photoshop where I took an existing in-game helm like the Pansophic Circlet https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Pansophic_Circlet recolored it green and added leaves and a Lamannian Lily. The flower is, of course, optional but a leafy crown like this would be a sought after cosmetic. It certainly would match the cloak and as long as all 3 are matching shades of green it would create a verdant druid theme.

festasha

It would be cool if there were checkbox options like you get X and have the choice of blah, blah and blah and adding price increments for picking up some or all of the available options. There are things that people don't want from a certain bundle and some say yes I want that with extra gravy, so with options everyone can be happy.
I really like the idea of adding extra QoL for new players at reasonable prices.
Personally, I think the code that was giving the free quest packs should be made permanent and either applied to all accounts or added as a game tutorial in Korthos.

Aelonwy

Stormhorns:

Center 4 images

5Qk6zFs.jpg

Instead of a cloak a back item that looks like a quiver would drive players wild. Perhaps a hat item to match that reminds of Robin Hood. I know some people wish they hadn't missed out on the Owlbear hireling (I have it and find it often useless because of size and general brain deadness, as well as lack of tankiness) but I've seen some people ask for it so maybe here is a place to offer a different colored version, maybe smaller, younger (lower level).

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
It would great to see a cloak of oak leaves or something akin to that (moss & oak leaves)?
"Leaves of the Fallen" or "How Not to Be Seen" With Hide in Plain Sight or a camouflage/invisibility clicky.

Aelonwy

It would great to see a cloak of oak leaves or something akin to that (moss & oak leaves)?
"Leaves of the Fallen" or "How Not to Be Seen" With Hide in Plain Sight or a camouflage/invisibility clicky.
Well they did create this item https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Marshreed_Cloak but THEN did NOT give it unique graphics to match its description. I complained on Lamannia before Saltmarsh came out that both the cloaks were identical despite having separate, unique descriptions but I was ignored. *shrug* Would have been nice for it to have had a unique mossy or flax-like aesthetic.

There is this item with fall colored oak leaves https://ddowiki.com/page/File:Cloak_of_Autumn_shown.jpg
But yes, either that one or the Cloak of Spring in darker, more vibrant green leaves would be appealing.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
The Autumn/Spring Cloaks are a good start but dark green-brown colors would be great for a ranger or more stealthy toon (a wee bit more subltle)! Yeah... I'm a little disappointed with some of the looks vs. descriptions for certain items...

Ex: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Moss_Weave_Cloak
"This cloak is made from stitched together pieces of moss and lichen which increases the hardiness of the wearer."
And yet it doesn't look like the description in the least. 😒

Aelonwy

High Road
Duplicating or at least using the Tiefling Scoundrel cosmetics as inspiration for ALL races in colors of light blue and silver (Harper colors) with a matching off the shoulder cloak, a very visible Harper Pin, and either a shield with the Harper's Symbol or an orb that looks like a Harp would make an excellent cosmetic bundle for High Road. If it came with a gray horse with matching barding, so much the better.

Aelonwy

Wheloon
Use Shadar-kai cosmetics as inspiration but for all races, suggest making them all-black for extra darkness, add a matching cloak, maybe give it a shadowy/Thundeforged aura. Black horse with matching spiky, sado-goth barding.

Aelonwy

We have House Cloaks, I wonder if they could efficiently put together cosmetic bundles for each house and would there be any call for that?

I put together my own fashions for the ones I like best however... there really isn't something to match all of them.

House Phiarlan
xgIYbCn.jpg

House Kundarak
EGo8JBg.jpg

House Cannith
He7QHEJ.jpg

House Jorasco
gDKJQPt.jpg

House Lyrandar
7wPFt74.jpg

But some of them have weird combinations of colors that make coordinating a full set of matching cosmetics difficult such as Deneith, Ghallanda, Sivis, Orien.

Would anyone be interested in creating House themed characters with cosmetic bundles?