Smaller, more affordable Support Packs Please?

Aelonwy

As suggested by FreetoPlayDDO, it might be more beneficial to create smaller more affordable Support Packs desirable by a wider range of players. I'd like to brainstorm.

$10 Pack
One cosmetic - suggest color variation of Traveler's Outfit, perhaps dark blue? Maybe launder the female's blouse?
One low level Adventure Pack - Ex. Tangleroot Gorge (Could use an update but still good)
One Permanent Hireling - suggest 5th level cleric or FvS, any

$25 Pack (for newer players)
Shared Bank Initial Purchase
Shared Crafting Storage Initial Purchase
One Fast Mount - suggest regular horse, doesn't matter color its for player convenience not for showing off.
Just items absolutely necessary to comfortably enjoy the game.

$30 Pack (Intermediate and Nostalgia motivated players)
Delera's + Threnal Pack (Threnal desperately needs update preferably to similar epic level usage as Delera's)
Jeets Permanent Rogue Hireling level 10
Cosmetic Voice D20 Orb
Cosmetic D&D themed Mantle suggest Dragon Ampersand Symbol

Other ideas?

Upvote 17

Ellisaria

We have House Cloaks, I wonder if they could efficiently put together cosmetic bundles for each house and would there be any call for that?

I put together my own fashions for the ones I like best however... there really isn't something to match all of them.

House Phiarlan
xgIYbCn.jpg

House Kundarak
EGo8JBg.jpg

House Cannith
He7QHEJ.jpg

House Jorasco
gDKJQPt.jpg

House Lyrandar
7wPFt74.jpg

But some of them have weird combinations of colors that make coordinating a full set of matching cosmetics difficult such as Deneith, Ghallanda, Sivis, Orien.

Would anyone be interested in creating House themed characters with cosmetic bundles?
If there was a wardrobe/cosmetic closet to store them in, then "Yes". With current state of cosmetic storage (ie. "store them on alts), I limit myself to how many I allow myself because space is the premium (and the lack of preview function). That said, I do enjoy dressing up my characters each life in what outfits I have to suit their class theme/personality for that life.

Drunken.dx

I am no fan of mixed packs with cosmetics and nice items. Please keep in mind that some or maybe even a lot don't care for cosmetics and don't want to spend money on them. But because there is 1 item in that pack that is OP like a teleport item, they need to buy all the other crap. The consequence is cosmetics are getting despised by these kind of players.

Make a base pack and if you want cosmetics, get the bonus items, see Borderlands Bonus Items.

Cheers,
Titus
agreed

I wanted bank space from underdark packs but could not justify it's price because cosmetics don't interest me, and paying 4k points for few bank slots is EXTREMELY poor bang for buck
Severlin talks about "fiscal irresponsibility" but SSG can't grasp on how to squezze money from its' playerbase even though they have entire library of successful freemium games to take ideas from

Altra

We have House Cloaks, I wonder if they could efficiently put together cosmetic bundles for each house and would there be any call for that?

I put together my own fashions for the ones I like best however... there really isn't something to match all of them.

House Phiarlan
xgIYbCn.jpg

House Kundarak
EGo8JBg.jpg

House Cannith
He7QHEJ.jpg

House Jorasco
gDKJQPt.jpg

House Lyrandar
7wPFt74.jpg

But some of them have weird combinations of colors that make coordinating a full set of matching cosmetics difficult such as Deneith, Ghallanda, Sivis, Orien.

Would anyone be interested in creating House themed characters with cosmetic bundles?
I love the Cannith one!
Now make a purple one 😉

Aelonwy

Mmmm for Orien? Or Ghallanda or Deneith? Those three have some violet/purple. Deneith is difficult to match, too many uhm Mardi Gras colors. Ghallanda weirdly matches PDK armor unfortunately that's Iconic only. Orien I almost have a style but it would look so much better if the cloak had been pale violet background with a pale yellow/gold border rather than the yellow background with violet border that they chose.

bT9YzU7.jpg

JsxuRXG.jpg

When I wear the House Cloak of Orien, I typically match it with Pale Violet and Tan Medium Skirted, and the Archon Helm from HC3

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Is there a cape cosmetic (or just a cosmetic for your back) for something like bat wings? If there isn't... there should be.

Aelonwy

Is there a cape cosmetic (or just a cosmetic for your back) for something like bat wings? If there isn't... there should be.
No, no cloak that looks like wings. If you are looking for something with a gothic vibe the Deathwyrm cloak could be okay https://ddowiki.com/page/File:Deathwyrm_Cloak_Shown.jpg.

I wish they had made an effort when cloaks first came out and given the Drow Pwafwi a spider web pattern that would have been appealing to the drow.

Altra

Mmmm for Orien? Or Ghallanda or Deneith? Those three have some violet/purple. Deneith is difficult to match, too many uhm Mardi Gras colors. Ghallanda weirdly matches PDK armor unfortunately that's Iconic only. Orien I almost have a style but it would look so much better if the cloak had been pale violet background with a pale yellow/gold border rather than the yellow background with violet border that they chose.

bT9YzU7.jpg

JsxuRXG.jpg

When I wear the House Cloak of Orien, I typically match it with Pale Violet and Tan Medium Skirted, and the Archon Helm from HC3
That's beautiful!
I really like the helm in the top one. Is that available or is that your creation?
Fairy wings! 😍

Aelonwy

Hmmm... I'm thinking more like the reaper wings but bat-like (or demon wings?)
Would be neat and I suspect a few people would be interested in it.

Closest to what you are asking are the temporary wings Aasimar get with their Bond feat + Divine Purpose from their racial tree. Bond of the Protector +Divine Purpose gives temporary Angel wing, Bond of the Fallen + Divine Purpose gives Violet Bat/Demon wings. At the time Aasimar was created people did ask for permanent versions. I'm still of the opinion players would pay for permanent Cosmetic versions if they added them to the store.

Aelonwy

That's beautiful!
I really like the helm in the top one. Is that available or is that your creation?
Fairy wings! 😍
The helm is in-game, its mentioned in the post, its the Archon Helm from season 3 of HC. https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Archon_Helm
The redux of Season 3 shouldn't be too far away and 1750 favor is not too much effort. The Fairy wings on the other hand were HC Season 6, 5k favor and I found the hounds tremendously stressful. I really had a lot of help getting my wings, I do NOT pretend they were some lone achievement of excellence. I am NOT an excellent player, decent but nothing special.

Br4d

One of the key things in play right now is that there is a lot of competition for our entertainment dollar. Couple that with SSG tending to look very hard at milking whales with high priced constant spending and it becomes very easy to spend next to nothing on DDO, aside from maybe a VIP subscription.

I haven't seen *anything* in the store or marketplace that looked like a good value since the new player Catacombs plus Ellieri plus something else small package for $10 that is no longer available.

Given the amount of content in this game there should probably be 20 packages like that available for new players to purchase after they download the game.

There should probably be a half dozen good packages for established players to purchase.

If SSG relies too heavily on the whales they're going to be shocked when the mass stranding occurs.

Altra

One of the key things in play right now is that there is a lot of competition for our entertainment dollar. Couple that with SSG tending to look very hard at milking whales with high priced constant spending and it becomes very easy to spend next to nothing on DDO, aside from maybe a VIP subscription.

I haven't seen *anything* in the store or marketplace that looked like a good value since the new player Catacombs plus Ellieri plus something else small package for $10 that is no longer available.

Given the amount of content in this game there should probably be 20 packages like that available for new players to purchase after they download the game.

There should probably be a half dozen good packages for established players to purchase.

If SSG relies too heavily on the whales they're going to be shocked when the mass stranding occurs.
Absolutely agree!
We keep telling them things we want to buy (ultimate editions of older content, Ravenloft and such; Perm hirelings...) and hear crickets, I can't understand.

Aelonwy

I was thinking about the Iconic cosmetics and how they are built to fit only the Iconic and thus still made BTC, which is nonsense anyway because what stops Deep Gnome cosmetics from fitting a regular Gnome? Tiefling Scoundrel from fitting regular Tiefling? They really ought to go back and not only make those cosmetics BTA but also make their race restrictions include the base race.

Would people be interested in cosmetic packages aimed at particular races? Like a Dwarven Bundle or an Elven Bundle? I wouldn't assume so... except players seem to enjoy their Iconic cosmetics.

Lazuli

I was thinking about the Iconic cosmetics and how they are built to fit only the Iconic and thus still made BTC, which is nonsense anyway because what stops Deep Gnome cosmetics from fitting a regular Gnome? Tiefling Scoundrel from fitting regular Tiefling? They really ought to go back and not only make those cosmetics BTA but also make their race restrictions include the base race.

Would people be interested in cosmetic packages aimed at particular races? Like a Dwarven Bundle or an Elven Bundle? I wouldn't assume so... except players seem to enjoy their Iconic cosmetics.
I enjoy iconic cosmetics because some are really pretty. BF cosmetics for example are awesome. But not I dont want restricted race cosmetics. I prefer decide in which toon and race use It.

I accept the race-restricted cosmetics of the iconics because devs don't want the work of making them universal as much as possible (BF cosmetics don't make sense in fleshy toons), not because I like them being restricted. Although only the old iconic ones came with their cosmetics, the new ones don't have them and you have to mirror their equipment. That seems to indicate a change of mind, before it seemed that they wanted people to recognize the iconic by his clothes, now they no longer care. but I doubt they will still want to go to the extra work of making them universal.

In short, I prefer universal cosmetics.

I want use iconic tiefling scoundrel cloak in all races, i like It so much😔 I hope devs use the model in regular gear one day so I can mirror it for other races.

Last edited:

Aelonwy

In short, I prefer universal cosmetics.

I want use iconic tiefling scoundrel cloak in all races, i like It so much😔 I hope devs use the model in regular gear one day so I can mirror it for other races.
That's how I feel but I wanted to toss the idea out there because I didn't want to assume that everyone had the same opinion as myself.

PS. There is a cloak that is in the same style as the Tiefling Scoundrel Cloak but its a vibrant blue. They ought to make that style cloak as well as the scarf cloak (like HC Season 1) available in a variety of colors in the store. I'd guess they would get more sales of unique cloak styles than the solid colors that duplicate the ubiquitous random gen cloak style currently available.

Lazuli

Yeah i know that mantle, but the mask is misplaced for my taste and i find prettier the scoundrel one.

But thank you for the suggerence Aelonwy!

Xgya

I like a LOT of those ideas, but I'd rather be able to mix-and-match than a lot of the stuff being tied to bundles.
Still, I won't deny a few of those bundles sound very tempting.

My corrupt-a-wish version would be that those packs can only be bought by existing VIPs, as part of the new VIP benefits because the old benefits were severely lacking.