Snowpeaks Suggestions

Aelonwy

The Snow Peaks event typically happens after Festivult and typically has been starting in January. We'll have more information about timing when we get closer to the date.

Because we will be coming up on Snowpeaks in the next? quarter I thought now might be a good time to make some suggestions for rewards.

Filigree:
Snow Peak's Gifts Wisdom (because why shouldn't my druid be able to use this too?)

Augments:
Sapphire of Freezing Ice Guard (Level 4)
Sapphire of Fireshield Cold (Level 8 as on Confiscated Heavy Mail)
Epic Ruby of Snowpeaks (Level 28 with Epic Freezing Ice as on Epic Leopard's Chill plus 4d8 cold damage)

Higher level augments should have a commensurately higher level cost in snowpeaks coins.

Items:
Frostgiant's Staff (Level 4 Quarterstaff Chilling and Minor Freezing Ice BTA) Use Ferrocrystal Quarterstaff as base item
Crossbow of Iceshards (Level 4 Greatcrossbow Chilling and Minor Freezing Ice BTA) Use Ferrocrystal Greatcrossbow as base item

Cosmetics:
Snow Fairy Wings
Snowflake Trail (Not footsteps but simply a trail of snowflakes that follow the character and disappear after a few seconds)
Winter Hood ( A hood using the White Hood of Schemes as base but colored to match the Festivult Armor)
Winter Scarf (A cloak designed like the Death Walker's Sash meant to look like a scarf and colored to match the Winter Hood/Festivult Armor)

Example:
75uhVmh.jpg

Cosmetic Pets:
Snowy Owl (Animated Model from Falconry)
Snowy Fox (Animated Model from Feydark Illusionist)
Mini-Snow Elemental (Miniature version of Snow Elemental from Snow Elemental Gem)

Of course I am not suggesting ALL of these be added at once simply listing all the suggestions that occur to me. Please feel free to add your own suggestions.

PSA: Suggestion threads have a mechanism to the right of the Original Post for upvoting the idea. If you agree with the ideas please upvote--->

Last edited:
Upvote 22

rabidfox

The People's Champion
  • Snowpeak's Gifts: Hamstring Ward
Let it work against all cripples... the moment they added this to the game (and when they made close wounds/etc. remove hamstring) was when people realized that the majority of cripples from archers/etc. wasn't actually typed as "hamstring".

Ahpuch

Filigree:
Snow Peak's Gifts Wisdom (because why shouldn't my druid be able to use this too?)
Festive Wisdom comes out Night Revels. They haven't doubled up on the source for any of the Festive Stat items. If they are going to do this they should add Str, Int, and Con as well (and they should add Dex, Cha and Str to Night Revels and Str, Dex, Int, Wis, Con and Cha to Cove). So I doubt they will want to go down that route.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Festive Wisdom comes out Night Revels. They haven't doubled up on the source for any of the Festive Stat items. If they are going to do this they should add Str, Int, and Con as well (and they should add Dex, Cha and Str to Night Revels and Str, Dex, Int, Wis, Con and Cha to Cove). So I doubt they will want to go down that route.
Snow peak's gifts is the filigree set (not the augments).

Aelonwy

PSA: Suggestion threads have a mechanism to the right of the Original Post for upvoting the idea. If you agree with the ideas please upvote---->

Snow peak's gifts is the filigree set (not the augments).
Indeed I did NOT mean the Festive Wisdom Augment but the Snowpeak's Gift Filigree as indicated by the headers in Bold above each section.

Drunken.dx

• Snowpeak's Gifts: Hamstring Ward
Let it work against all cripples... the moment they added this to the game (and when they made close wounds/etc. remove hamstring) was when people realized that the majority of cripples from archers/etc. wasn't actually typed as "hamstring".
This.

I can count on one hand number of times my toons were hit with hamstring in epic/legendary content and I don't use that filigree

saekee

long live ROGUE
these are nice ideas and well-thought out

I wonder about the lowbie freezing ice weapons—ultimately the ruby makes any weapon freezing ice so the key would be to find a double augmented one and slot it there. It would be craftable too.

Of course 2 augments raises ML.

droid327

Epic @ L28? Why not a Legendary Ruby of Snowpeaks there (or ML32 if you want to make it a true endgame item), a la Raellia/Rauven? Then make the Epic ruby ML20. DC75 at L28 is...questionable

Buddha5440

I wonder about the lowbie freezing ice weapons—ultimately the ruby makes any weapon freezing ice so the key would be to find a double augmented one and slot it there. It would be craftable too.

Of course 2 augments raises ML.
2 Augments do not raise ML. It just looks that way when you disjunct it once you add a ML 1 shard to it it's fine.

I have a ML 1 bow I use every life with two rubies in it. It's nice...1d6 force + 1d6 bludgeoning (enchantments), and 1d6 acid + 1d6 cold (augments). It makes short work of everything. :)

saekee

long live ROGUE
2 Augments do not raise ML. It just looks that way when you disjunct it once you add a ML 1 shard to it it's fine.

I have a ML 1 bow I use every life with two rubies in it. It's nice...1d6 force + 1d6 bludgeoning (enchantments), and 1d6 acid + 1d6 cold (augments). It makes short work of everything. :)
I had no idea you could pull the ML down of double slotted items—thought they had an absolute ML.

Aelonwy

Thank you I think the devs were going for dual-purpose with these lowbie items as well as the ones in Crystal Cove. I think 1) they are intended to be used by new(er) players just grabbing something useful from an event and 2) they are intended for long-time players to want for cosmetic purposes. Hence my suggestion for two base items that once covered in an ice texture could make awesome cosmetics.

Epic @ L28? Why not a Legendary Ruby of Snowpeaks there (or ML32 if you want to make it a true endgame item), a la Raellia/Rauven? Then make the Epic ruby ML20. DC75 at L28 is...questionable

This was my thought process: Epic Freezing Ice according to the wiki does not appear to be available on anything until the Level 26 Epic Leopard's Chill. Most augments are every 4 levels, so in order to contribute to Power Creep as little as possible, I selected to make it Level 28. Now I suppose I could have chosen Level 24 and it wouldn't be too over-the-top but I think having an effect that is only currently available at Level 26 suddenly available at Level 20 more ambitious than I have the confidence to suggest.

Buddha5440

I had no idea you could pull the ML down of double slotted items—thought they had an absolute ML.
You won't see dual augment items drop until a certain lv (something like lv 5 for colored/colorless and lv 8 for colored/colored) but the ML shard overrides this. You can have all TR items with dual slots at lv 1 if you want but it's better to just use the weapon and save the rest for higher lvs.

l_remmie

Blank double slotted items all have the same bug that it shows a min lvl. Just ignore it.

Crafted lvl4 double slotted weapons give you W+2d6+2d6+2d6+2d6. That will work fine in anything until you get a ravenloft weapons or something with enhanced profile.

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
Cosmetics:
Snow Fairy Wings
Snowflake Trail (Not footsteps but simply a trail of snowflakes that follow the character and disappear after a few seconds)
Winter Hood ( A hood using the White Hood of Schemes as base but colored to match the Festivult Armor)
Winter Scarf (A cloak designed like the Death Walker's Sash meant to look like a scarf and colored to match the Winter Hood/Festivult Armor)
Crown of Ice. That also gives you the frost breath effect that void has.

Xgya

I might have missed an episode, but don't trail and wing cosmetics get lost on TR?
It'd be a pain to have to repeatedly obtain those, even though they'd look nice.