SSG Please fix the choppy lag

This has been the laggiest HC season yet, so many DC's and failures to teleport, etc... Now the lag is causing choppy turning and movement and has gotten me killed at least twice when I could have survived with smooth motion. You guys really need to do some SERIOUS server work ahead of season 9, when you say you fixed the lag I do not believe you, honestly this is getting very frustrating. If season 9 is like this I may just skip it, because the lag has made me give up on goals and just farm points.

PaleFox

I've noticed that as soon as another group starts a different instance of the same quest a massive lag spike occurs.

The kind that will have you hanging mid-air for something like a full minute or so on a screen freeze.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
when you say you fixed the lag I do not believe you
The lag can be bad. But SSG never said that they fixed it, just certain streamers made extereme claims when the work showed on lam leading to people thinking it was a cureall. Lag+death on HC has been an issue every season so far. But yeah, we all dream of the day when lag goes away.

Mary

It has something to do with hirelings and summons - they are not correctly being deleted after quests are completed and vacated, staying behind in the dungeon and in party; we can leave party, but I'd wager the server is keeping the instance alive and going - over the course of an hour perhaps this isn't bad, but after days how many instances will be nursed by the server to keep hirelings and summons active that should have been deleted? It happens constantly, I am, it seems, every other quest, needing to quit group with a hireling that is still in the previous quest.

adamkatt

I've noticed that as soon as another group starts a different instance of the same quest a massive lag spike occurs.

The kind that will have you hanging mid-air for something like a full minute or so on a screen freeze.
Do you get some kind of notification when other groups start the same quest you are in?? I mean ive never heard of this ability in all my time in ddo..(founder).. Maybe you had a near dear experience at some point and gained this magic power after the fact?

PaleFox

Do you get some kind of notification when other groups start the same quest you are in?? I mean ive never heard of this ability in all my time in ddo..(founder).. Maybe you had a near dear experience at some point and gained this magic power after the fact?

Have you tried it out?

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
This has been the laggiest HC season yet, so many DC's and failures to teleport, etc... Now the lag is causing choppy turning and movement and has gotten me killed at least twice when I could have survived with smooth motion. You guys really need to do some SERIOUS server work ahead of season 9, when you say you fixed the lag I do not believe you, honestly this is getting very frustrating. If season 9 is like this I may just skip it, because the lag has made me give up on goals and just farm points.
My experience in HC has been almost completely lag free, with only occasional choppy movement.

So while yes, lag needs to be tracked down and fixed, for some (many?) it's not the massive problem you seem to indicate.

hanul

tried what out exactly? is there some new app that lists all the peeps running the same quest as me in different instances that we dont know about?? Please mr fox do tell!

In ddoaudit (the website) you can write the name of any dungeon and it will show up all people in those dungeons. People who are in anonymous mode will show up as anonymous but still show up.