Thank you Standing Stone Games! <3 xxx

Hello my friends,

Happy New Year - I wish you lots of fun and success in 2024!!

I've been playing DDO since 2006 and the game brings me endless fun, happiness and new adventure with new friends! The very spirit of Dungeons and Dragons! :D

I'm so very grateful to you awesome developers at Standing Stone Games for keeping Dungeons and Dragons alive for everyone to enjoy and to escape to a wonderful world of adventure and magic!

Dungeons and Dragons online is such a great inspiration to me, both as a person and as a game developer. Thank you for everything! For all the wonderful adventures! In my opinion you guys and gals really do honour the spirit of Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson! I'm certain they're really proud of you. I'll always be grateful to you Standing Stone Games!

Thank you so much for all the years of fun and the continued amazing adventures! :) <3 xxxxx

I'm really looking forward to the DDO 20th Anniversary! Keep up the great work my sweet friends! :D xx

Here's some lovely music to inspire you and everyone!

I hope you enjoy! :) <3

I remain, your humble friend and servant,
Aestor The Knight.

P.S. Because noble and goods things are worth praising and cherishing properly as loving friends. <3

Me, playing my main character Arqa on Cannith - soloing Haunted Library.

That's so fun! But I really love to play in groups!

Just a thought, but I'd love to see a new "Next Generation" MMORPG from Standing Stone Games!

Just a cool idea - I know it's easier said than done. Keep up the great work on DDO and LOTRO mates! <3

Last edited:

Sturmbb

I still love this game and i have been here since it went free 2 play. I pretty much love everything about it from the movement combat system to the fantastic way you get to level up with feats, enhancements, multi classing etc. I find it actually amazing that no-one else has tried to copy this. I have tried many other types of multiplayer games and i just find them so lacking when compared to this game.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK :)

vik

I think my main draw is the crafting, the multitude of character development trees, and the combat mechanics: in what other game can you daze, blind, compel to dance, inflict diseases, exhaust, stun, charm, scare, hold, turn to stone/frogs/gold, catch in webs and not be a turn-based dnd game?

Last edited:
Thank you!
Thank you too!

I'm an Indie Video Game Developer myself. Dungeons and Dragons Online is a truly great inspiration to me. Of all the video games I have played I am confident to say that DDO has literally - THE BEST - Level Design and Quest Design of any video game I have ever played.

( DDO makes ESO Level Design look like kindergarden s*** imo - Sorry for the comparison but ESO Level Design is s*** - lol
And please don't get me started on the Dumpster Fire of Neverwinter.... Vomit...... haha )

I'm being serious - 100% fact - DDO has the best Level Design of any video game I have ever played. Strong praise I know. But completely true praise. The only other video game that has an equal level of quality in Level Design is Elden Ring. Which in my mind means that Standing Stones Games are at the top of their game! :D <3

I'm being deadly serious. DDO has the THE BEST Level Design of any video game I have ever played. And I'm saying that as a professional Level Designer who works in the video game industry.

I really think its really seriously important to say this. To point this out, and state it clearly. Standing Stone Games are seriously World Class Level Designers and Game Developers - Top of their game, hands down, pure as a dope sister, solid professionals who have high level skill in Level Design and 3D, Real Time Storytelling.

Standing Stone Games = some of the Best of the Best. Similar Level of quality as Half Life 2 in my opinion.

That's my true heartfelt opinion as a DDO player. It's also my opinion as a professional Game Developer and professional Level Designer.

Standing Stone Games - you guys have tons of years of experience in making awesome MMORPGs. You're all really great at your job.
Keep up the wonderful work my friends - genuinely looking forward to the next DDO Updates and wishing you all tons of success as you genuinely deserve!

DDO is awesome, tons of fun! Hands down great fun, makes me smile every day cos of the excellence of game design on show here.

Praise where it's due. Bless you mates

Bless you my friends - I'll leave you with this sweet tune!

Caravan - The Land of Grey and Pink:

Bless you mates - Keep up the fantastic work! :) <3 xx

Falkor

Well said and a great point to lift up! I had never thought of that detail, and you are totally accurate ...

If the level design was horrid, would people be willing to replay them on alts and through reincarnations cycles the way they do?

It's one of SSGs strong points.

The music is another. I've also really enjoyed the improvement in gameplay visuals.

Honestly, DDO has so many positives about it. It IS a great game, else why would we stick around?

This is why I get so frustrated when I see basic marketing practices being ignored and revenue lost.

There are so many easy opportunities to generate revenue that are being totally ignored. And we keep getting told certain gameplay elements aren't being implemented or bugs not being squished because of lack of revenue.

If lack of revenue is the issue, then why not do the basics that increase revenue? This is so basic that I am flabbergasted at the on-going lack of action, despite witnessing over a decade of commentary about it from the player base. As the player base diminishes, that lack of action inspires no confidence.

We need new players and a system to attract them and on-board them. So they can see the great work that the rest of us enjoy so thoroughly. :)

For all the amazingness that is DDO, the game will end without generating income and addressing critical marketing systems.

Falkor

LoL .. perhaps. :D ... Sunk cost fallacy? ... I do enjoy this game yet have reached a point where long-breaks is what makes it enjoyable upon returning. Now to stop lurking on the forums and get back to work.

festasha

This is a great thread, negativity spills over into too many threads. I hope the OP's idea of praise continues on here, so I am not going to be negative and I will just post positives from my perspective while holding my tongue.

DDO is a great game and it's that love for it that keeps us here and makes many including myself overly vocal about the negatives..... holds tongue* tells self to stop it*, omg it's tough!

Character progression, new races, level increases, game mechanics and new content releases..... and importantly friendship within this great community.