The Cupcake Muskateers Tavern welcomes You

cdbd3rd

Hehheh. It's FRIIIIDAYYYYY......

Daughter's state Special Olympics bowling tournament was this morning. She took Silver in her class. (y)

Drove over yesterday and grabbed a hotel room since she bowled in the first set. It was cloudy, and there was a tornado watch in the area.... Just after we checked in, all our phones started going off, and the local sirens kicked off. Well, you know me.... Wife and daughter into the bathroom and me, outside of course! I found a bunch of My People, including the hotel manager, out in the parking lot with their phones up. :D

Directly over our hotel.

cdbd3rd

When I first heard about this, I couldn't find any legit sources, but seeing a bunch of bigger-name web sites posting it now.

So, apparently RIP James Ward. (Gamma World, Metamorphosis Alpha, etc.)

D: March 18, 2024, age 72.

ward_gygax-jpg.112444

doomboy

got a nice 10 day holiday coming up (will use my paid vacay to supplement)

trying to think of a place i may want to travel to for it. ideally closer to Japan, since further out airfare gets costly.
been thinking of South Korea, but you folks have any suggestions?

cdbd3rd

got a nice 10 day holiday coming up (will use my paid vacay to supplement)

trying to think of a place i may want to travel to for it. ideally closer to Japan, since further out airfare gets costly.
been thinking of South Korea, but you folks have any suggestions?

That's a hard call to make. For me, not much appeals in that area. I'd be more about Western/Northern Eurpope, or hop a LOT of water and hit up NZ/Australia.

For a reasonable 10-day trip, SK is probably a better option. :)

Remember to bring us pix.

doomboy

That's a hard call to make. For me, not much appeals in that area. I'd be more about Western/Northern Eurpope, or hop a LOT of water and hit up NZ/Australia.

For a reasonable 10-day trip, SK is probably a better option. :)

Remember to bring us pix.
wanted to do Vietnam and SK, but i waited too long and prices went up :\
maybe i'll just stay here and marinate

cdbd3rd

*Wakes up in recliner, adjusts his blanket.*

*Dares glance out his attic window...*

cpt.gif

*Rolls over, goes back to sleep.*

doomboy

i have a theory on why folks get tired of making friends as they grow older.
sometimes it takes time to realise which folks whom you considered friends are actually ****.

that process just gets... tiring.
plus the energy to meet new folks. but tbh, i feel like the disappointment of misplaced trust/faith has gotta be worse.

thoughts from ya fossils? :p
(also, i just realised i've spent over 50% of my life being a member of these forums)

Issiana

i have a theory on why folks get tired of making friends as they grow older.
sometimes it takes time to realise which folks whom you considered friends are actually ****.

that process just gets... tiring.
plus the energy to meet new folks. but tbh, i feel like the disappointment of misplaced trust/faith has gotta be worse.

thoughts from ya fossils? :p
(also, i just realised i've spent over 50% of my life being a member of these forums)
The older i get the less i want to see a world full of people :LOL:
So yes, I think your onto something here :unsure:

Issiana

noticed last night that opening a chest now displays a day time to resetting ransack.

When did things change from daily reduction to a weekly (looks like weekly) reset?

Aelonwy

noticed last night that opening a chest now displays a day time to resetting ransack.

When did things change from daily reduction to a weekly (looks like weekly) reset?
I thought it was always a week to reset from the first time you looted the chest.

Issiana

I thought it was always a week to reset from the first time you looted the chest.
i might be miss remembering (been a long time since i was on and brains a tad fried these days), but i was sure quest ransack went down each day (total reset at end of week).
Maybe it's because im running old quests at cap atm for favor and getting 0 xp that i'm only seeing the chest reset message in general chat log and no longer the quest ransack ones in the quest logs.

Aelonwy

I don't think I can ever hold the Fashion Competition again. I have more than a dozen people on my ignore list and on these new forums I don't even see that there is a missing whited out post; which while I really appreciate not seeing the words and attitudes of some people... It means I won't even see an entry if I held the competition on the forums and an entrant was on my ignore list.

Aelonwy

No worries, apparently I was worrying about a non-issue. I realized while I was checking that long thread about the VIP loyalty rewards - on my phone- while waiting for supper's noodles to boil that when I'm not logged in I see EVERYTHING. Duh. I will not say how often I worry unnecessarily... but its not rare.