The DDO Players Council is accepting new applications!

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
With the change in my day to day family duties, I was actually interested in throwing my hat in to the ring.

However, reading up on the NDA is a bit of a problem for me.

Whilst it would not prevent me from continuing my usual bug hunts (in most cases), certain parts of the NDA would limit me from pointing stuff out or discussing about them in a non direct sense (eg, hey guys, I noticed this, anyone else notice something similar?) - in particular with family who also plays DDO heavily (so it would be real strange if I can't talk about certain stuff they know I normally could have or they too already are aware of). And this is especially so regarding information that could be deemed privileged - when for me, it was information from discovery, testing, observation and then extrapolated from those aspects.

So I think I'll just have to pass on this and continue to help as I do now. But wish everyone who applied a "Good Luck" and hope you all enjoy the process involved in the Player Council. :)

J1NG

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
What's the deadline for the application? Is it 28th 23:59 EST? (Please, say yes!)

Last edited:

liosliante

Signed up. Wonder how many people they are taking in.
I did it a while ago. I don't have luck with this things.
You have some videos on Youtube. You have to work on it to be famous and rich... hehehe!! Nice song playing the guitar.

The Narc

With the change in my day to day family duties, I was actually interested in throwing my hat in to the ring.

However, reading up on the NDA is a bit of a problem for me.

Whilst it would not prevent me from continuing my usual bug hunts (in most cases), certain parts of the NDA would limit me from pointing stuff out or discussing about them in a non direct sense (eg, hey guys, I noticed this, anyone else notice something similar?) - in particular with family who also plays DDO heavily (so it would be real strange if I can't talk about certain stuff they know I normally could have or they too already are aware of). And this is especially so regarding information that could be deemed privileged - when for me, it was information from discovery, testing, observation and then extrapolated from those aspects.

So I think I'll just have to pass on this and continue to help as I do now. But wish everyone who applied a "Good Luck" and hope you all enjoy the process involved in the Player Council. :)

J1NG
Exactly why would you expose yourself to such a gag order.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Exactly why would you expose yourself to such a gag order.
Because you're volunteering for a programme that will involve you being shown potentially sensitive information, and an NDA is the only legal way SSG have available to stop you from just throwing that to the four winds?

It's not even like it's fully legally enforceable, or the programme would have to be US only. I'm in the UK and I've applied; I don't think I'm particularly likely to get extradited to the States to face charges if I decide to break the NDA.

The Narc

This is going to blow your mind: some people actually want to help the game, instead of incessantly whining and complaining about it.
Yep and i am helping players not to make poor decisions that may impact their freedoms in the future.

Of course each person helps who they want and in their own way.

Thanks for blowing my mind with your help.

Sheikra

Yep and i am helping players not to make poor decisions that may impact their freedoms in the future.

Of course each person helps who they want and in their own way.

Thanks for blowing my mind with your help.
With peace and love, you bring nothing positive to the forums. I've been on here for awhile, and I've seen you a lot. You are by far the meanest, least helpful, most obnoxious person on the forums (including our wizard friend). DDO is a pretty small game with a small community of people who enjoy it and want to make it better. Why do you feel the need to tramp around and dump on it? It's OK if you hate it for X Y Z reasons, but no one cares bro, so just uninstall and leave... please. What do you stand to gain by driving people away from this game? Does it make you feel good to hurt the game that you clearly are invested in?

Come on man.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
What is SSG's competition? Why even have a NDA? They went nuts deleting that silly picture of the House of K bank turned into a ice slippery thing that never made it into the game and didn't even matter whatsoever.

Are there other gaming companies just waiting and watching for what DDO's 1500 total players might be getting from SSG?

Are you telling me that games with 25 million players (or moar!) are gonna steal SSG's brilliant ideas?

Hey Bob! Look, SSG has a new tumble! Quick put that into Baldur's Gate 4!!!!

It's a bad joke.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I suspect that like most gaming companies SSG just doesn't want their WIP's out in the wild. Could be for the reasons of competition, but there are plenty of other reasons as well. How many times have developers come under fire or criticism for some thing that is beta or alpha, or just pie in the sky (but leaked?)

The Narc

Or maybe things shouldnt get out early so players dont have time to prep there toons to being the right place to TR so that they wont be forced to spend real money to be somewhat functional after nerfs and are left caught somewhere in the middle of levels with a less than favourable build that will have to slog along to get to its TR for respec.

You know the old saying getting caught with your pants down, i personally dont build risky builds that rely on one or two things because of the known fact that there is history of nerfing here.

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
What is SSG's competition? Why even have a NDA? They went nuts deleting that silly picture of the House of K bank turned into a ice slippery thing that never made it into the game and didn't even matter whatsoever.

Are there other gaming companies just waiting and watching for what DDO's 1500 total players might be getting from SSG?

Are you telling me that games with 25 million players (or moar!) are gonna steal SSG's brilliant ideas?

Hey Bob! Look, SSG has a new tumble! Quick put that into Baldur's Gate 4!!!!

It's a bad joke.
NDA in this case is most likely more about not spoiling the game for other players.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
When SSG did the epic destiny revamp, they revealed that they'd had originally planned a whole different thing for legendary levels 31-40 but scrapped that for the ED revamp and it scaling from 20 to 40. So the NDA would serve to prevent leaking details about stuff that might never happen or something might get scrapped if isn't up to par; no point getting people excited or angry about something that'll never see the light of day.

Last edited:

Cmecu

I did it a while ago. I don't have luck with this things.
You have some videos on Youtube. You have to work on it to be famous and rich... hehehe!! Nice song playing the guitar.

Thank you :D Which song did you like? I need to work on doing more painting videos, but they would be too long to watch.

Toede

NDAs are often because WIPs are just that, and they can change at any time. If things get out, expectations get set or people set their hair on fire for no reason. There are a lot of reasons to keep things under wraps while it is still in the oven and most of them are not nefarious.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Has the Players Council been formed? I never did see an Announcement on that.

n if you're not going to post names, why add this:

What if I’m chosen for the council and people harass or grief me in game because of my participation or if they don’t like suggestions the council made?​

Harassment is harassment and a violation of the EULA, TOS and Community Guidelines. Players engaging in this behavior for any reason are subject to action based on the existing prohibitions against harassment. Please reach out to us through help.standingstonegames.com or directly to us through a private message on the forums if you are being harassed due to your membership on the DDO Players Council.
?

n How is this going to work? New Forum branch?