The new race that's coming this year...

FuzzyDuck81

I've been hoping for Talenta Plains halflings, with their racial thing being no dragonmark but instead getting a dinosaur companion which levels with them, the iconic being a barbarian with a shapeshifting ability to turn into a dinosaur (instead of wolf) & swapping out the frenzied berserker tre for nature's warrior

Sylvado

Did Cordovan say those were coming with Myth D?

I dont really care which race we are getting - I just want another racial point, so please no racial variant that does not give one :)

I wish for another Epic PL too. Running a new race with a new epic pl just sits well together going 1-cap.
Hmm, Eladrin?

Eoin

I think genasi would go well with all the wild magic stuff in Myth Drannor. Could reuse the human models, so less to worry about with armor meshes. Some different skin colors, toned down effects from sorcs/druids, and some new heads.

Probably should do bullywugs to take a little wind out of the sails from the new EQ1 TLP and EQ2 TLE servers.

LurkingVeteran

Pixie sorc iconic ftw.

I do agree that some trees are clearly missing:
- Sorc iconic
- A THF universal tree (Vistani supports SWF/TWF, ranged have Inq/AA, casters Illusionist). Maybe a reach weapon like spear/halberd?

Aelonwy

I've been hoping for Talenta Plains halflings, with their racial thing being no dragonmark but instead getting a dinosaur companion which levels with them, the iconic being a barbarian with a shapeshifting ability to turn into a dinosaur (instead of wolf) & swapping out the frenzied berserker tre for nature's warrior
Oh I would love that... but wouldn't that be more suitable to another expansion set in Eberron more than Faerun?

woq

I'm just hoping for an iconic tank monster race that isn't repair oriented, but maybe not from Drannor. Starting tanks from 15 would be very helpful to getting more of those running around, and monsters are cool, but we could probably use less animalistic races next since we already have razorclaws and tabaxi in fairly recent past.

But Myth Drannor was all about the magics, so I'm feeling warlocky/sorc/druid iconic.

For a Myth Drannor expansion I could see some form of iconic dwarves, elves, gnomes, halfling.. We already have iconic elves, gnomes, humans... Could use dwarves, elves or halflings but for Drannor I'd prefer elves or dwarves. Maybe iconic dwarven warlocks from Drannor ruins or the dwarven dungeons, or moon elven druids or some form of eladrin sorc? We could use some stuck up noble race too.

Purr

I assume the new race and iconic will be the same 'race', like Tabaxi or Shifters.

I'd also assume it will be Forgotten Realms themed (well, the iconic at least) although the Tabaxi example suggests it could be anything!

The base classes missing an iconic are Sorc, Warlock and Druid. I'd put very heavy money on Sorcerer, especially as the fine Year of the Dragon archtype will almost certainly be a Sorcerer one as well.

But which race? Could be some kind of elf subrace, but we do have quite a few of those.

We've had a lot of illithids recently. If they want to cash in on BG3 hype a little bit its long past time we had some Gith? Could be made a Str past life race too.

Thinking about it, Genasi are another possibility for an elemental themed race that pairs well with Sorcs?

Kind of dissappointed if this is what we get with the expansion - new races are cool and all, but I really hoped for one of the missing two EDs again this time round.

Hopefully some early previews soon if this is what's coming.

Feels like an easy tie in to Myth Drannor expansion.

Cavalier

I think they will introduce 2 iconic races with Myth Drannor and not the standard 1 race and 1 iconic as they usually do.

The Eladrin fits in perfectly with Myth Drannor (an elven city) and is thus the first iconic race I see while the second would be a Dwarven iconic race seeing as how the Dwarven Dunugeons run under Myth Drannor, so most likely Duergar (we have both of these "races" in game night now).

Also, as a tie in to the Year of the Dragon celebration, the Cult of the Dragon established itself in the area and aligned with the Dracolich Pelendralaar (so maybe he will be the big bad raid boss).

Dunno, sounds plausible :D