top chain builds atm?

cooloyo

havent done a high reaper end game melee build for a long long time, is 15brb/3bard/2rog still good? what about 14brb/3dl/3bard? i kinda want to try a 12monk/2fvs/6fighter wis vistani. please let me know what works

FuzzyDuck81

The swashbuckler/frenzied berserker handaxe combo is still excellent, though now you can also do a fighter version using dragonlord - you get more combat feats to work with & can go either STR based or CHA based using some feydark illusionist for to-hit & damage plus having both colour spray & roar makes for some really nice crowd control capabilities & lets you go with more of a hybrid approach from the epic destinies if that's your preference.

Dom

that's a lot to chew on. thanks dom

i remember seeing vamp with some dl lvl. did that not work out as well as this build?

and i get why barb dmg reduction is so good in r10 but would a water stance monk with high dodge be about the same in term of defense?
That was just for leveling for the past life, although it wasn’t bad. I did 12 dragon lord 6 wiz 2 rogue - wizard for EK and imbue dice, rogue for traps and evasion, and not wasting a heart since I was SDK.

Aggy

The best ones I have personally played were 11 Rogue 6 Barb 3 Bard, 18 DL, 1 Rog, 1 Barb (can replace one of them with Warlock as well), 18 Barb, 1 FvS, 1 Warlock.

The last one I did was 18 DL, 1 Rog 1 Barb. This one gves you access to more feats and the higher level tactical DC feats which then really makes dragon roar work super well. I put 41 points into vistani and used Kukri.

Another option I was considering was 16 DL, 3 Bard, 1 Rog (or Barb or Warlock), this would give you the third Aura feat and also access to most tactical boosters.

I would avoid the 5 Barb or DL versions and 12 Rogue. Instead go 6 Barb or DL and 11 Rogue. Nets you more melee power, for DL another feat and you don't even lose sneak attack dice.

A major consideration for high reaper is also improved uncanny dodge, which only higher level Barbarian or Rogue versions provide.

EinarMal

The best ones I have personally played were 11 Rogue 6 Barb 3 Bard, 18 DL, 1 Rog, 1 Barb (can replace one of them with Warlock as well), 18 Barb, 1 FvS, 1 Warlock.

The last one I did was 18 DL, 1 Rog 1 Barb. This one gves you access to more feats and the higher level tactical DC feats which then really makes dragon roar work super well. I put 41 points into vistani and used Kukri.

Another option I was considering was 16 DL, 3 Bard, 1 Rog (or Barb or Warlock), this would give you the third Aura feat and also access to most tactical boosters.

I would avoid the 5 Barb or DL versions and 12 Rogue. Instead go 6 Barb or DL and 11 Rogue. Nets you more melee power, for DL another feat and you don't even lose sneak attack dice.

A major consideration for high reaper is also improved uncanny dodge, which only higher level Barbarian or Rogue versions provide.
For the 12 Rogue split you net 3d6 from improved sneak attack and get the same 5mp from the Assassian core.

EinarMal

Good to know. I wouldn't have enough AP for 41 Vistani Tier 5 in Frenzy or DL and swashbuckler.
Most swash builds use hand axe would you still go so much Vistani?

I will admit I am too lazy to do the math it is a lot of MP.

drjoans

kinda-known member
I did a 8DL 3brd 9rog SDk handaxe this gets u 3 uses of secondwind, aura benefits and dragonlord goodies + improved uncanny and a dabble of sneak attack.