Types of Spell Lore?

magnus2882

Trying to max out spell lore to get north of 70%. So far all I can find are 'enhancement bonuses', insightful, and 'equipment bonuses'... Are there items that offer exceptional, quality, profane, etc. etc?

Pano

Trying to max out spell lore to get north of 70%. So far all I can find are 'enhancement bonuses', insightful, and 'equipment bonuses'... Are there items that offer exceptional, quality, profane, etc. etc?
you are on a right track, but you can get the same type of bonuses for Universal spell lore... Also dont forget artifact type bonuses from set bonuses. Also you can get some rom destiny feats and from filigrees

Bjond

AFAIK, all the various spell lore types out there are actually what they say they are. So if it says "artifact universal lore" it will stack with "exceptional universal lore" and "artifact combustion lore" (universal & stated types stack for lore).

The powers are squirrelly; eg. exceptional universal power is not universal, it's really exceptional potency and thus does not stack with say exceptional devotion. Implement bonus is indeed universal and will stack with stated types. 'Dunno others off the top.

magnus2882

Saw Artifact lore from Leg Dread keeper, and universal spell lore from 3 pieces equipped Eminence of Autumn.... never saw any filigrees that have any type of spell lore... I have like 200 in my bank, also checked several hundred more in the 2 guild chests on the ship.

Pano

Saw Artifact lore from Leg Dread keeper, and universal spell lore from 3 pieces equipped Eminence of Autumn.... never saw any filigrees that have any type of spell lore... I have like 200 in my bank, also checked several hundred more in the 2 guild chests on the ship.
Then don't check your bags, but check the wiki

Frozen Wanderer is a must have for Icy casters and elemental avatar (trash IMO) has spell crit chance as a set bonus

Vox

What build are you running?

Some have an easier time than others, like cold/acid druids, pale masters & spellsingers.

Mental toughness feat(s) & dipping feydark can help

PaleFox

Radiance and void lore will go the highest because those are the ones with insightful on an item (all orbs), then ice lore because of the artefact. Rest of them are on par.

magnus2882

What build are you running?

Some have an easier time than others, like cold/acid druids, pale masters & spellsingers.

Mental toughness feat(s) & dipping feydark can help
PM nuker... So far got my NSP up to 1000, Crit Chance 70%, and Crit Multi up to 85%... trying to break 100% on both or as close to as possible

PraetorPlato

Radiance and void lore will go the highest because those are the ones with insightful on an item (all orbs), then ice lore because of the artefact. Rest of them are on par.
Radiance will not ever go higher than fire, let alone cold, because past life feats apply to cold and not radiance. 13<5+9.

PraetorPlato

PM nuker... So far got my NSP up to 1000, Crit Chance 70%, and Crit Multi up to 85%... trying to break 100% on both or as close to as possible
Those are not bad stats at all. Elemental avatar filigrees will help you out, but PM nuker won't break 80 spell crit. Crit multi, try Elder's Knowledge.

magnus2882

just checked my toon.. for some reason, my spell crit is 65, not 70... Wondering how I could get an extra 15? I don't have mental toughness, or improved mental toughness, and crappy dev's hate Pale Masters, so they weren't included in the Epic Past LIves spell criticals... So what am I missing to jack up my spell lore? Already got the 5% exceptional and 6% artifact bonuses from Leg. dread keeper, and the 6% Artifact to USL from Eminence of Autumn... what else am I missing other than a few % from MT and IMT?

Reactions: DBZ

magnus2882

Those are not bad stats at all. Elemental avatar filigrees will help you out, but PM nuker won't break 80 spell crit. Crit multi, try Elder's Knowledge.
Elemental Avatar filis is a waste for my build as I have 13 filigree slots and 10 of those are filled with Neg spell power or USP, and the other 3 are negative amp. To have an extra 5% from Elemental Avatar would be nice, but not worth losing all that extra damage I would be getting from the 40-50 NSP I would be getting from those extra 5 filigrees..

PraetorPlato

just checked my toon.. for some reason, my spell crit is 65, not 70... Wondering how I could get an extra 15? I don't have mental toughness, or improved mental toughness, and crappy dev's hate Pale Masters, so they weren't included in the Epic Past LIves spell criticals... So what am I missing to jack up my spell lore? Already got the 5% exceptional and 6% artifact bonuses from Leg. dread keeper, and the 6% Artifact to USL from Eminence of Autumn... what else am I missing other than a few % from MT and IMT?
Probably nothing unless you're willing to give up PM capstone, PM is not a super high-crit build and 70 is decent. Remember that you almost make up for past lives with stygian wraith.

Highest I know you can get on PM is:
5 base
5 exceptional
13 insightful
8 tree
23 item
3 MT
6 universal artifact
6 specific artifact
5 avatar
2 FDI

You might not want to go that high, but elemental avatar is better than you think—5% crit is a bit better than 50 SP, and you can recover some of that USP.

magnus2882

Not even close..

1000 NSP +85% crit = 1850
950 NSP + 90% crit = 1805

Edit: Realized just now you were referring to % chance to crit vs NSP...

I still prefer to crit slightly less often but for more damage - especially using Wellspring of Power

PraetorPlato

Not even close..

1000 NSP +85% crit = 1850
950 NSP + 90% crit = 1805
you're missing that you have crit damage, and that your crit is nowhere near 85/90%.

You need to compare 14x (1000 sp+300 meta+100 base) (1+ 0.65 * 1.85)=30.83 to 13.5x (950 sp+300 meta+100 base) (1+ 0.70 * 1.85) =30.98.

Wellspring makes crit even better, because it increases spellpower (making marginal spellpower less valuable) and crit damage (making marginal crit % more valuable). With wellspring, those numbers go to 36.66 and 37.

magnus2882

thanks for the advice Praetor.... Some things I must consider...
but I think Dragonsoul filigree/set bonus would be way better..

• 2 Pieces: -5% Spell Cooldowns
  • 3 Pieces: +5% Spell Critical Damage
  • 4 Pieces: -5% Spell Cooldowns
  • 5 Pieces: +5% Spell Critical Damage
Also could get back 14 USP as Well!

Reactions: DBZ

Lotoc

this is pretty much incorrect.
there's insightful universal 5% spell crit from Tome of Strahd, Essence of Pomura (an augment) etc. which doesn't stack with those orbs and 9% crit from past lives for fire/cold/acid/elec/sonic and the Sharn orbs basically exist to compensate null and radiant for lacking energy criticals while additionally hard restricting gear slots for neg/poison/light casters.
Those orbs are the opposite of a boon, they're a crutch to prop up the system poorly supporting those elements while also restricting the gearsets for those elements and with how gearsets are so fixated around stacking multiple set bonuses the sharn orb situation and SSG refusing to make more recent alternatives is leaving those elements in a bad spot.

for reference 9+5 is more than 13