U60 Lamannia Preview 1 - Rune Arm Shot Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilomere

• Electrical Lash
    • Updated damage to New AOE Curve
    • Added homing - This projectile does not explode on impact, but this change will fire it in the direction of your target instead of straight ahead.
I thought electrical storm and electrical lash runearms weren't supposed to home so that shots could pass by and lash out and zap things they pass. If you make them homing they collide and disappear with first mob hit, turning them into single target runearms. Can these default back to straight line regardless of targetting?

l_remmie

While working on rune arms how about making the special raid rune arms actually work.
The prototype and dino rune arm can accept all these nice options but they won't actually give you any DR bypass.
I'd also like a cannith craftable lvl32 rune arm.

Smokewolf

Would like to see two changes made to Runarms.

1st: Change the Runearm shots (damage / DC) scale with the overall character level instead of just the Artificers level. This will help the Runearns scale into Epic levels better as well as remove the penalty for multiclassing.

2nd: Allow "other" arcane-casters & Warforged to take the Runearm "feat".

-Smoke

VoodooMike

Electrical Lash
  • Updated damage to New AOE Curve
  • Increased projectile speed slightly
  • Added homing - This projectile does not explode on impact, but this change will fire it in the direction of your target instead of straight ahead.

Eek, no... Electrical Lash and Electrical Storm projectiles are more useful when they are NOT fired directly at enemies, since they apply their damage to enemies that they pass by. If you want to improve on them and have them home, then make them pierce enemies. We'd lose the double-hit aspect that we normally get when we actually target an enemy with the projectiles (once for passing close, once for hitting them) but it'd make it easier to use the AoE aspect of the projectiles effectively - something that is especially important to caster Artificers for immunity stripping.

Tarrith

So, no...

Web-Shot ?
Snot-Shot? (Glue)

What Artificers would love is a Rune Arm with built-in CC capabilities!

-Smoke
I've tried blending Arti in pretty much most of my builds when I can because I really like Rune Arms and I have to admit, I like the sound of those!

Smokewolf

@SteelStar

What is missing is how Rune Arms imbue scale...

Currently the imbues scale from the higher of Melee / Ranged power but this needs to change to reflect an Artificers use of "SPELL" power. Even a ranged Arty will have higher spell power than they would ranged but to no avail as its not being used.

Suggest changing the text to: " Wearing this Rune Arm will Imbue any weapon you wield, dealing 1 D X points of XXX damage. This damage scales 200% with Melee, Ranged or Spell power. (whichever is higher)"

Question: if a player has imbue dice from another source, do they stack on the Rune Arm or vice versa ?

-Smoke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.