light_armor_-_university_bulwark.png
light_armor_-_university_spellshield.png

Medium Armor:
medium_armor_-_university_bulwark.png
medium_armor_-_university_spellshield.png

Heavy Armor:
heavy_armor_-_university_spellshield.png
heavy_armor_-_university_bulwark.png

...So robots are hosed? Gosh. AND another new crafting system with presumably a dozen new ingredients! Can't wait!

(Although admittedly being able to add your own set bonus is pretty dang nice.)

SpartanKiller13

Why do I have 411 .ddocp files
...So robots are hosed? Gosh. AND another new crafting system with presumably a dozen new ingredients! Can't wait!

(Although admittedly being able to add your own set bonus is pretty dang nice.)
If it's nearly as easy to swap on live as it is on Lama that'd be pretty awesome. I can swap set bonuses in like 15s on Lama, it'd be super cool to be able to just go "tank time" and swap sets or something lol.

LrdSlvrhnd

If it's nearly as easy to swap on live as it is on Lama that'd be pretty awesome. I can swap set bonuses in like 15s on Lama, it'd be super cool to be able to just go "tank time" and swap sets or something lol.

Swapping set bonuses? Wow, that's nifty! I would've figured it'd be like other crafting where you can't easily change.

It won't be as easy, because there will be ings involved. Once you get a boatload of them, of course, you'll be able to do that, unless of course they make it so you can't can't change it without a special doohickey that's a super-rare drop.

DBZ

According to wiki legendary elders is 15 to crit damage and we can now craft 30 to crit damage

If thats correct and not a bug if so not bad

Really hoping you guys release a cannith combat infusion augment.

It's an essential effect for my melee artificer build, and I keep ending up juggling things around only to end up using the old Sharn set...... it's a really good set though, however it prevents me from being able to use the necklace I wish to be using in which is not fun -_-

Nickodeamous

Went to Lam, scrolled through the items. To me, its just more gear tetris and not any better than Dino bone crafting. Maybe its cause I play a monk, but I'm looking for the following:

• Superior reinforced fists coupled with quality wis. Until something comes that is better than Cornerstone, I am locked into it.
  • Ki generating item - didn't see one
Other than that, everything just seemed ok. meh

Ying

5000+ hours played
According to wiki legendary elders is 15 to crit damage and we can now craft 30 to crit damage

If thats correct and not a bug if so not bad
Different set bonuses so they stack: 15% Legendary Spell Crit Dmg and 30% Artifact Spell Crit Dmg.

Good luck tetrising a balanced gearset with both set bonuses though.

PraetorPlato

Yeah, I actually think this+elder's crunch out a spell dc artifact bonus other than 6 piece autumn, which makes it really hard.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
Some general feedback:

• I really like that the Lost Purpose items conflict with the custom sets from dread. They allow for more variation in build options, while keeping a meaningful balance in the gear choices we make.

• I'm a fan of the items that are really "nice" but not included in a set too. It's nice to have options to work in the aug set bonuses when possible. Items like the Legendary Buckle of Transformation, which compliments the flameguard lenses well and can double as a set item or as a filler piece for set augs, are nice.

• The Forbidden Knowledge 5-piece will be worse for a lot of builds than the Dread Isle's Curse. Losing 3 flat damage is a big consideration. With that said, Forbidden Knowledge having 3 and 4-piece tiers make it more flexible, I'm just not sure I would ever choose to equip 4 pieces for the +3 to all stats and then not equip 1 last item for the melee power/spell dcs. Would you consider swapping the 4-piece and 5-piece bonuses? If you would, that could be more meaningful since certain items/augments give a +2 profane bonus to stats, which would provide players more interesting gear combinations when you compare FK vs Dread.

Edrein

War Machine is interesting and I've always wanted to see melee orbs. Though this is admittedly a bit lackluster.

Perhaps shift this item into the raid loot and give it a facelift with some interesting effects worthy of the legendary level range and worth using as an offhand.

For starters the Base 1d4+0 damage has to be manually adjusted from using the base orb template. Perhaps bump this to around 1d10+4 before weapon die and enhancement bonus base. This would put the damage slightly below the tower shield in the pack; while not being able to benefit from the Shield Mastery line comparatively hence having higher base damage than the small and large shields.

Oliphant

Agree with earlier sentiment that hybrid builds deserve love. Hunt or Hunted raid items and certain high-level feats promise hybrid stuff working very well somehow but not quite there seems like. Have not tried the 1 level Warlock for aura type of thing yet.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
I agree with others that there's a lack of hybrid build options. I hope theres more were not seeing that may offset that concern.

As someone else mentioned, there's still nothing here that replaces or upgrades over old Sharn gear (I. E. Cannith Combat Infusion). Also the lack of more interesting clicky and other effects (I. E. Feywild stuff) leaves these items looking a bit bland... They look more like continuations of the stuff from Dread and to a lesser extent, Salt Marsh. I hope that there's more in the augment department or we may see other modifications before U61.

Svirfneblin

I can't dismiss the owl with the Dismiss button on the companion pane. Logging out and in doesn't change that behavior.

gilded_warforged_owl.png

I don't know if that's a known Lamannia bug, or a bug specific to this companion. I can't mess around with the flaming skull.
Reminds me of that metal owl from the original Clash of the Titans movie cannot make that damn thing go away and it was annoying as hell

seph1roth5

Also the lack of more interesting clicky and other effects (I. E. Feywild stuff) leaves these items looking a bit bland...
I had the same thought. There are a few nifty ideas like elusive target and dark discorporation, but the rest feel like a jumble of all the same effects that have been shuffled around for the past few years. Like they put 25-30 effects on marbles and just reached into the jar and plucked out...accuracy, insightful deadly, wizardry, and reflex saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.