U61 Lamannia 4: Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolero

DDO Producer
Welcome to the 4th Lamannia preview, with the last of features & changes for Update 61 on Lamannia! The preview will open today at 4pm Eastern (-4 GMT) Tuesday, and will be available until 3pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, August 10th.

OF NOTE: If you encounter an error when updating Lamannia during this preview, please use the "Repair" option in the Lamannia game launcher (we anticipate that this is only an issue for users who left their Lamannia client open and happened to patch data earlier this week)

NOTE: These release notes are NOT FINAL and can be expected to see changes, additions, removals, and other adjustments both today and in the future.

Big Features:​

• Enhancement Tree & Class Updates
  • New Loot
  • New Quests!
    • The last set of new quests are available to try! You can visit these quests in the Morgrave Public Area, which is also now available to preview by visiting the airship to Morgrave in Sharn. You may still need to speak with the Keymaster in the Test Dojo to have access to the quests. Note: this includes all quests with the exception of the Raid, which will get its own preview soon.

Other Changes:​

Changes new to this preview are listed in blue!

Balance and Gameplay Changes:
  • Tomes of Learning and Epic Tomes of Learning (both Greater and Lesser) have been upgraded and now check each tier of difficulty independently to determine if you are "repeating" a quest. This means that completing a dungeon on Heroic will not count as "completed" for the Epic tome, so you'll be eligible for the Tome's first time bonus again separately.
  • Huge Black Puddings can no longer subdivide into 8 slimes (just 4 max now)
Bugfixes:
  • Ravager's Laughter now reliably adds Fury to your character.
  • The Challenge XP panel is no longer a string table error.
  • Consecration now heals Hirelings (note: this note was erroneously in U60 release but is actually here)
  • When you have items in the store queue and clear the queue, the queue icon now properly clears itself from you when the queue is empty.
  • Lighting the Candle's buff now has the correct text for real this time
  • Fixed a mess of errors and typos in the tavern keepers logic in the harbor
  • Augmented Summons Feat from temporary sources will now work on henchmen
  • The Augmented summon buff will no longer be stripped from henchmen when they die
  • Various summon enhancements from the warlock enlightened spirit tree and magus destiny will now work on henchmen again and also not be stripped on death or rest.
  • Knock down animations on pixies will no longer blip
  • Caster Level scaling should now work as expected on all Rune Arm shots.
Game Engine & UI
  • You can no longer move the Rune Arm Charge UI (note: this is to fix a bug with attacking while charging a runearm)
  • A set of performance updates have been applied to the game that affect combat bonuses, spell casting, login times, and regen in public spaces in an effort to reduce generalized and gameplay lag.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Tomes of Learning and Epic Tomes of Learning (both Greater and Lesser) have been upgraded and now check each tier of difficulty independently to determine if you are "repeating" a quest. This means that completing a dungeon on Heroic will not count as "completed" for the Epic tome, so you'll be eligible for the Tome's first time bonus again separately.
Awesome!
Caster Level scaling should now work as expected on all Rune Arm shots.
Gonna have to this a spin once the client finishes updating.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Runearms look like they're firing right to me now; nice. =) Between the RNG involved on them and the differences in charge tier damage, the numbers are all over the place; I can't be sure if damage is right or wrong most the time; just now the follow up hits at least are on par with the initial hit's damage.

That said, this is still not doing anything in the ED tree:
CVbb9bP.jpg

Last edited:

Itchybeard

"You can no longer move the Rune Arm Charge UI (note: this is to fix a bug with attacking while charging a runearm)"

Is this a temporary thing? As in... you can no longer do this but later down the road you can do it again after we fix this bug issue?

Ratman

Welcome to the 4th Lamannia preview, with the last of features & changes for Update 61 on Lamannia! The preview will open today at 4pm Eastern (-4 GMT) Tuesday, and will be available until 3pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, August 10th.

OF NOTE: If you encounter an error when updating Lamannia during this preview, please use the "Repair" option in the Lamannia game launcher (we anticipate that this is only an issue for users who left their Lamannia client open and happened to patch data earlier this week)

NOTE: These release notes are NOT FINAL and can be expected to see changes, additions, removals, and other adjustments both today and in the future.

• New Loot
  • New Quests!
    • The last set of new quests are available to try! You can visit these quests in the Morgrave Public Area, which is also now available to preview by visiting the airship to Morgrave in Sharn. You may still need to speak with the Keymaster in the Test Dojo to have access to the quests. Note: this includes all quests with the exception of the Raid, which will get its own preview soon.

Balance and Gameplay Changes:
  • Tomes of Learning and Epic Tomes of Learning (both Greater and Lesser) have been upgraded and now check each tier of difficulty independently to determine if you are "repeating" a quest. This means that completing a dungeon on Heroic will not count as "completed" for the Epic tome, so you'll be eligible for the Tome's first time bonus again separately.
  • Huge Black Puddings can no longer subdivide into 8 slimes (just 4 max now)
Bugfixes:
  • Ravager's Laughter now reliably adds Fury to your character.
  • The Challenge XP panel is no longer a string table error.
  • Consecration now heals Hirelings (note: this note was erroneously in U60 release but is actually here)
  • When you have items in the store queue and clear the queue, the queue icon now properly clears itself from you when the queue is empty.
  • Lighting the Candle's buff now has the correct text for real this time
  • Fixed a mess of errors and typos in the tavern keepers logic in the harbor
  • Augmented Summons Feat from temporary sources will now work on henchmen
  • The Augmented summon buff will no longer be stripped from henchmen when they die
  • Various summon enhancements from the warlock enlightened spirit tree and magus destiny will now work on henchmen again and also not be stripped on death or rest.
  • Knock down animations on pixies will no longer blip
  • Caster Level scaling should now work as expected on all Rune Arm shots.
Game Engine & UI
  • You can no longer move the Rune Arm Charge UI (note: this is to fix a bug with attacking while charging a runearm)
  • A set of performance updates have been applied to the game that affect combat bonuses, spell casting, login times, and regen in public spaces in an effort to reduce generalized and gameplay lag.
Can you PLEASE allow more pieces to have customizable set bonuses in dread or in follow on mods. It makes little sense to have set bonus slots only for helm and armor. I hate being forced into a cloak item to use the set bonuses, for instance. Make some universally customizable items and not “just” update based set bonuses. Thanks.

Received error messge attempting to download the Lammania version:

Error: [Name: client-map-1.dat-45790][Source: client-map

Please note: This is a new installation that used the "Repair" option as they was no other option provided. Likewise, the error listed above is incomplete, as there no space remained on the download box. And a search of technical forum reveals no similar error.

Aelonwy

Yeah I don't know what you did but Repair option did NOT work for either me or my son. We even tried to uninstall and redownload Lamannia and it failed unable to decrypt and serialize files or some such. So I guess no Lamannia for us... again. I mean its not the first time that between one Lamannia preview and the next patch something has gotten so messed up that the client won't even open.

Urklore

Could we fix the display bug on the XP panel if you are a VIP and have a tome of learning? The tome of learning bonus and the VIP bonus are all on the same line when you look at the XP summary in a dungeon.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Yeah I don't know what you did but Repair option did NOT work for either me or my son. We even tried to uninstall and redownload Lamannia and it failed unable to decrypt and serialize files or some such. So I guess no Lamannia for us... again. I mean its not the first time that between one Lamannia preview and the next patch something has gotten so messed up that the client won't even open.
I had to repair, close, run as admin, reboot the computer (this worked for someone else0, run as admin again, close, run as admin again and finally after a few more close/reopens it did everything and worked. It was not a nice update to get running.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker

• New Loot
  • New Quests!

snip
Is it just me or is there nothing blue?

A set of performance updates have been applied to the game that affect combat bonuses, spell casting, login times, and regen in public spaces in an effort to reduce generalized and gameplay lag.

Can you be a bit more specific?

Cheers,
Titus.

Crell_1

Lamanina store is refusing to open in game, and store purchases via the external browser option aren't being delivered in game despite showing up in the transaction history.
I tried relaunching the game as well but the purchases still didn't deliver.

Crell_1

At this point delivered further items purchased long after that, but the first characters batch of transactions still haven't shown up.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Do you know how the lag changes will affect Adrenaline?🤔

It misfires far too often currently to the point of being so unreliable it's broken. ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.