U61 Patch 1 Preview 1: Raid Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

somenewnoob

I'd rather just use Ravenloft stuff than this garbage.

HEROIC RL stuff!

One the other hand I applaud you for getting people's money BEFORE they knew what the raid loot was. Well played sirs!!

Make it better by March please!

Rincewind

So here is my grain of salt
Hopefully we can make this weapons and shield better, these need the most love.

Colossus: this feel like a more agresive kind of shield so I would like to see "Impact" for Shield Bashing +22% and action boost for quality shield bashing for example would be great, or something like Bonesplitter that would fit too.

Char: plz remove the save, reduce the damage if needed but 100 dc at this point is useless considering you only get it on a vorpal. also any 6d6 in a raid weapon is bad, if at least the damage could scale but it doesnt and that kind of dmg is meaningless in modern ddo except for new players that get their first weapons, so I can understand it in quest items, but in a raid weapon? and to have two ? plz PLZ don't at least not 2 effect, so change one for Legendary magma surge, or anything fire 3rd Degree Burns or a 4rd degree version for legendary raid items.

Collapse:
Plz change ghost touhc for Enhanced Ghostly its a raid item, its deserve more than an effect that can be easily slotted in an augment or get elsewhere. Relentless fury is also a meh effect in a weapon, is a very common effect in other gears currently so I would like to see this change to something else, something more damage focus, Bonesplitter is an option, but Legendary Stealer of Souls would be awesome and fitting to the weapons name.

Demise: you know what I would love this weapon to be? a debuff godness, it would even fit the name as debuffs are the beggining of the fall of our foes. Having Keen replace with Constricting Nightmare, take L. slay living and replace it with Soul Tear or Improved Destruction. Finally impact can be replace with anything that raise agro and now you have a new tank weapon that fill the slot of a debuffer too. for example. ( I'm no tank but this seems like a good idea) Cursed Maelstorm could be a fun addition too.

Ignition: seems like a trash killer, I would like to see the DC going up a little, take Mobs saves on at least r4 content for calculation, let say and R4 monster have a 25% chance to get insta killed and a legendary hard mob would be instakilled 90% of the time. ( and paralized too but lower) and this could be a decent weapon.

Marro: ohhh Marro, I think this is the worst weapon of the pack, mostly because of how uninspired its feels, Caster weapons are tough, you have to compete with dino for it, but it should because these are different in the way to get it, and easier. so why even try? why not lets this be a weapon that bring something different like quality and exceptional spell power, for those two elements, let me dream for a min a think something like a tune down version of Elemental Spiral, that goes from fire to lighting but gives onlye 20 exceptional bonus to element spell power, 10% exceptional bonus to element spell lore and 2 o 3 caster levels to element spells, its a demon bone and demons are kind of chaotic anyway right?
Quality wizardly is just too litle for a raid items, I rather have another metamagic discount in here, Intensify discount would be good i think, or maybe something that lower the coldown of Wellspring of power? by 30 sec? or 1 minute? that could be fun too. and could allow more uses of that feat.
But lets not forget that there is an effect missing from this item.. so.. argg? ill let someone else fill this xD

Outburst: I'll join FVSHasBeenGuttedwhyohwhy here.

As for the rest... I'll post something later

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
Hey, a quick reminder for this thread, because I posted it with most of the Expansion Pack Loot threads but forgot to in the OP of this one.

It's fine to not like the loot as seen on Lamannia!

The best thing to do if you're in that position is to consider what you don't like about it, write that out here, and for bonus points tell us what you DO want to see as specifically as possible. When we get posts like that, we talk about that feedback internally and often make changes based on them.

The least good thing to do is to just post that the loot is trash, with no reasons why or expressions of what you think could make it better. We will do nothing with those comments, and in some cases individual devs may add users who do this repeatedly to ignore lists.

Ying

5000+ hours played
The raid loot needs to evolve.

Weapons:
* Effects like Anarchic 6, Electrifying 6 and Fiery 6 are underpowered and uninteresting because they don't scale. Change these effects on new weapons (from here on out) to modify imbue dice instead. Leave old weapons with these effects the way they are. Same applies to the on crit effects like Gashing 14 and Maiming 6.​
* The greatclub is the worst 2H weapon type in the game. It doesn't matter how many effects you put on it, the crit profile is terrible and it lacks enhancement tree support. Just like Conqueror of Bone from VoD, it's not worthy of being raid loot and will only ever be a cosmetic and sentient XP fodder. And Ghost Touch? C'mon. That's already going to be acquired through the Legendary Dreadnought tree. This weapon might as well not exist.​
* Marro itemization is incomplete. It's missing at least one effect. The effects it does have are too vanilla. It needs some spicyness.​
* Ignition, the Fear and Flame is a great example of raid loot done mostly right. Identity Crisis, Paralysis and Slay Living are excellent weapon effects for dealing with trash mobs that aren't easily obtainable from other sources.​
* The Demon Engine looks great on paper. However, most of it doesn't work.​
Accessories:
* Blasphemer's Manuscript and Divinity's Hand are itemized well.​
* Exiled Tactica's Action Boost Enhancement needs to be replaced (see Misc below).​
* Unsanctioned Arcana's insightful and quality spell focus mastery immediately make it interesting. However, the nullmagic guard is terrible. Building a gearset which includes being intentionally hit on a non-tank is not a strategy that lends itself to survivability. Itemization is also incomplete.​

Augments:
* +11 Tactics is a downgrade compared to the +16 specific sapphires that are available. Anyone who cares enough about DCs will slot the specific sapphire, especially since the sapphire doesn't occupy a highly limited orange aug slot only found in weapons.​
* The 153 Nullification augment is uninteresting. Compare this to the eye augments available from the Morgrave quest pack that provide bonuses to two different spell powers and make the weapon an implement. This raid reward falls way short. You can do better.​
* It's cool to see some bard love. However, 3 PRR for the Weaverwisp Melody is just too stingy. At the very least it should provide +PRR, +MRR and +USP.​

Misc:
* Putting Action Boost Enhancement on raid gear when the augment is readily available from quests in the same expansion is embarrassing. Raid loot should have meaningful effects that players can't easily obtain elsewhere.​

Monkey_Archer

The best thing to do if you're in that position is to consider what you don't like about it, write that out here, and for bonus points tell us what you DO want to see as specifically as possible. When we get posts like that, we talk about that feedback internally and often make changes based on them.
It seems the power level of the raid weapons has regressed to pre-sharn level.
Dino weapons have 15d6 on-hit effects, custom stats, and lgs debuffs.

To compete with this the new weapons need to have either:
1) Additional +[w] or higher base damage etc, as a selling point if they are lacking in LGS debuffs.
2) Unique and powerful rare effects and/or effects not found elsewhere. Dripping with magma for example, I would like to see some other equivalently powerful effects.
3) LGS debuffs (dust, ash, ooze) and set bonus so they can at least match dino weapons

Ying

5000+ hours played
I'd really appreciate it if a dev could provide insight why there's been no new raid quiver for nine years. The last raid quiver is from Mark of Death, Sep 2014 (Update 23). The last quiver added to the game is from Ravenloft, 5.5 years ago. A new quiver, especially as raid loot, is painfully overdue.

Okay so
Imho I would say drop most if not all of the weapons
The last raid was pretty much entirely geared towards weapons and I would much rather see this one focus more on accessories and such

That being said, if weapons do stay, they should be made level 32 like the rest of the raid gear, given raid dice, and added to the universal set

Feedback on the items themselves:

Masterwork Gauntlet: Can assassinate become ins or quality assassinate please? This expansion also drops an assassinate augment so having a different type would be appreciated

Blasphemers Manuscript: Id like to see demonic shield juiced up a little bit. As it is demonic shield isnt all that great on a legendary raid item. Something closer to affirmation guard would be cool to see. Chance on getting hit, gain 1k temp hp, this can only proc once per minute and the hp only lasts a minute. Or similar

Divinity's hand: Looks good

Exiled Tactica: Again in this expansion we got an augment that grants the same effect as one of the items on this cloak, Id like to see the extra action boosts changed to something else. Quality or ins combat mastery to go with profane?

Unsanctioned Arcana: Clicky should last a little longer than 6s, but otherwise this item is quite nice

Snare: Again, not a fan of demonic shield, Id like to either see a buff to it, or for it to be replaced with a different effect. Given the name, some form of root could be interesting, either a guard or an on hit effect

Augments.... are alright. The tactics being orange only seems a little harsh, not sure when Id use that augment over a more damage focused augment in build that uses tactics

Demon engine: Looks very nice

Claws of balor: Tbh Id like to see this item turned into gloves with stuff along the lines of reinforced fists, demon's firestorm (stormreavers thunderclap but fire/electric damage), fire attunement, and lightning attunement. Or similar

Anarchist's crossbow: Not sure why these are ranged alacrity 15% and not 20%

Pestle: Id like to see relentless fury be replaced with cursed maelstrom or bloodrage

Outburst: Maiming is way behind the curve on usefulness, like above Id like to see it replaced with maelstrom or bloodrage

Colossus: Again, not a fan of actionboost enhancement, would like to see it replaced with some effect that makes it feel like you are battering something down. Reflavored dizzying chain, or weaker salt or similar

Collapse: Relentless fury and ghosttouch are not really effects I want to see on my weapons, given other prevalent sources. Enhanced bloodrage, cursed maelstrom, keen, or similar would be preferred

Ignition: This is cool

Marro: Quality firestorm over quality wizardry would be preferred

New item ideas

Gloves mentioned above, revamped balor claws (reinforced fists, demon's firestorm (stormreavers thunderclap but fire/electric damage), fire attunement, and lightning attunement. Or similar)

Medium? Armor: Lost purpose, fire (or electric) shield, affirmation guard (mentioned above), an effect similar to warlock/sentinel aura that does fire and lightning damage in an aoe on a 6s or similar cool down, and one more effect, maybe dripping with magma, or something along the lines of while raging gain 1W?

Balor's sight (goggles): Sense weakness (helpless damage increase), true seeing, improved deception, sight beyond sight (5% dodge bypass)

Balor's greaves (bracers): Fire/Electric Absorb, Alignment Absorb, demonic power (if this character is not lawful or good, gain profane something??? damage? melee power? prr? mrr? stats?)

New augments

Orange: Cannith combat infusion
Purple: Improved deception
Green: Sounding (4-24 sonic dmg on spell cast)
Some color?: Tendon slice
Purple: Limb chopper
Purple? / green?: Magical efficiency
Green: Fire/electric absorb
Red: +1 Pact dice

Thank you for the work you do!

Last edited:

Edrein

Hey Steelstar, is it possible to create a spell vampirism effect?

If so I think The Blackstone Liturgy could be an interesting place to make an augment. Something like copying the Lantern Ring/Hyrsam's Fiddle, low base healing that scales with the appropriate spellpower on spell damage with a CD.

PraetorPlato

My only request is for literally any way other than heart of suulomades to get curse immunity—it feels really bad to be locked into a 3-slot non-relevant-set artifact for fire absorb, evil absorb, AND curse immunity.

Qtcreator

one Suggestion:
Make Bring Ehhancements abilities to the gear,or add new features, more -prr mrr debuff weapons,
More Melee ranged And Sp power etc...

Spook

I would make essence of heart of suulomades augment - or release an item that upgrades 3 filigree minor artifacts to 4 filigree

NeoVid

The cloaks look good. None of the weapons are going to be used if I got them, and this is coming from someone who doesn't have Isle of Dread. The abilities on most of the weapons made me think they were intended to be vendor-bought gear like the Shining Reliquary stuff... except the Reliquary weapons have a better array of enchantments. Outdated options like 6d6 extra damage need to be switched with normally unavailable effects like the previously mentioned Thunderforge enchantments, if they're going to be worth calling raid weapons. Also, if these weapons could be used with *all* of the set bonuses in the update instead of none of them, they'd be slightly tempting to use, just to have a single item count toward multiple sets at once. As it is, having no set bonuses puts them behind gear from Isle, and the enchantments on them put them behind gear from Ravenloft and Sharn.

Reactions: DBZ

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

It seems the power level of the raid weapons has regressed to pre-sharn level.
Dino weapons have 15d6 on-hit effects, custom stats, and lgs debuffs.

To compete with this the new weapons need to have either:
1) Additional +[w] or higher base damage etc, as a selling point if they are lacking in LGS debuffs.
2) Unique and powerful rare effects and/or effects not found elsewhere. Dripping with magma for example, I would like to see some other equivalently powerful effects.
3) LGS debuffs (dust, ash, ooze) and set bonus so they can at least match dino weapons
This whole post is what me and many people I spoke to decided on. I don't even know Monkey_Archer, and we are on different servers, but I am sure this is almost a consensus of the end game community across all servers, that are more "sweaty" than most other players. The Lost Purpose items directly compete with dread sets, as do the weapons. If they are going to compete then they need more flexibility in regards to where they can be slotted and with what properties. All the dread sets are highly customizable because the cloak, helm, and armor are all Dino crafted and can be inserted as a part of any of the sets in the Dread.

Please consider what the above posters have said. Many people I know do not think this gear is worth tetrising. A piece or two maybe, but the sets will not be better than what we have available now. Could we also get a really long multi phased many rooms and zones raid. please.

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
Steel in terms of suggesting new things to apply to the loot we don't even know the boundaries of what can/cannot be done so we can provide more precise suggestions.

For instance I find it annoying this boss seems to hate the fact I want to shield block and his "kick" bypass most knockdown immunity. Can we get an item as a tank to protect or mitigate against this?

As for some ideas, can we work on consolidating some more effects for various roles?

Can I get intercession ward and soundproof as one effect? Can I get false life and vitality in one effect? Can we get Freedom of Movement and Protection from evil type effect?

Can we get some new exciting weapon/on hit effects? Can we get I don't know smiting weapons that work in R10? Can we get an on hit effect that creates the black abbots inferno? Can we create a zone that is a manifestation of a given plane where enemies within it take more of that planes damage or lose immunity? Can we get a weapon that produces a ROAR effect?

Last edited:

Alcides

There are items for the new Raid located on the Loot Guy in the Test Dojo! Please feel free to leave feedback ...
Can the raid pieces have Lost Purpose or a way to add the Profane set bonus?

Colossus, the Breaking Wall
Increase AC to +27 instead of +22
Add Lost Purpose instead of Profane set bonus

Page Regalia, Blasphemer's Manuscript
Add +3 artifact stat bonus that would correspond to each available set bonus set in the item(such as con for the tank set etc)

Luminous Armor - Heavy Armor made of Light (Inspired by Book of Exalted Deeds)
+42 AC
Max Dex Bonus: 8
Holy Aura clicky (3/day CL 32)
3 Sockets
Lost Purpose socket
Add +3 artifact stat bonus that would correspond to each available set bonus set in the item(such as con for the tank set etc)
Flavor Text: Armor forged on the summit of Mount Celestia gifted to champions of good to bring light to any encroaching darkness.

PraetorPlato

+7 cloak is also very cool, but the other effects are very meh—would be cool to see a comparable power cloak to the ones for DC casters (maybe +7 ins con/profane lifeforce/exceptional charisma skills?)

Status
Not open for further replies.