U62 Preview 2 Balance Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammatimes

Anyone building for imbues (as opposed to just taking the free damage) were already on D8s. Nerfs/buffs in the 20% range are too big. DDO devs need to learn to use a scalpel over a sledgehammer.
This

Warlock Dilettante1d4FireSpell PowerMelee, Ranged, Spells
(Cooldown 2 seconds?)
Half-Elf
Bloodhunt I1d4-1d8FireSpell PowerMelee, Ranged vs hurt foeTiefling - Racial Tree
Bloodsong I1d4-1d8SonicSpell PowerMelee, Ranged vs hurt foeTiefling Scoundrel - Racial Tree
Fire Elemental Imbue
Water Elemental Imbue
1d6Fire
Cold
Spell PowerMelee, Ranged while in matching elemental formDruid 10
Fires of Fury Imbue1d6FireSpell PowerMelee, RangedWarpriest Tier 4 / War Soul Tier 4
Iced Edges1d6ColdSpell PowerMelee, RangedWarchanter Tier 3
Resonant Arms1d6SonicSpell PowerMelee, Thrown while swashbucklingSwashbuckler enhancements tier 3
Spiritual Retribution1d6LightSpell PowerMelee, Ranged, Eldritch BlastEnlightened Spirit Tier 4
Thorn Imbue1d6PiercingSpell PowerMelee, Ranged (requires proper wild shape?)Blightcaster 4
Thundershock Imbue1d6ElectricSpell PowerMelee, RangedBattle Engineer Tier 3
Dark Apostate1d8EvilSpell PowerMelee, RangedDark Apostate tier 1
Elemental Arrows1d8Acid/Cold/Fire/ElectricSpell PowerBowArcane Archer enhancements, Elven AA
Poisoned Coating1d8PoisonSpell PowerMelee, RangedVile Chemist core 2
Spellsword1d8Acid/Cold/Fire/ElectricSpell PowerMelee, RangedEldritch Knight core 2
Force Arrows1d8 on hit
xd10 on crit
ForceSpell PowerBowArcane Archer enhancements, Elven AA
Biting Acid
Biting Poison
1d6
1d8
Acid
Poison
Spell PowerMelee in Wolf/Hive formBlightcaster 2

None of the 1d6 builds were serious imbue builds and none of them would become OP by just adjusting them to be 1d8s while keeping 100% scaling.

Tesrali (sam-u-r-eye)

This

Warlock Dilettante1d4FireSpell PowerMelee, Ranged, Spells
(Cooldown 2 seconds?)
Half-Elf
Bloodhunt I1d4-1d8FireSpell PowerMelee, Ranged vs hurt foeTiefling - Racial Tree
Bloodsong I1d4-1d8SonicSpell PowerMelee, Ranged vs hurt foeTiefling Scoundrel - Racial Tree
Fire Elemental Imbue
Water Elemental Imbue
1d6Fire
Cold
Spell PowerMelee, Ranged while in matching elemental formDruid 10
Fires of Fury Imbue1d6FireSpell PowerMelee, RangedWarpriest Tier 4 / War Soul Tier 4
Iced Edges1d6ColdSpell PowerMelee, RangedWarchanter Tier 3
Resonant Arms1d6SonicSpell PowerMelee, Thrown while swashbucklingSwashbuckler enhancements tier 3
Spiritual Retribution1d6LightSpell PowerMelee, Ranged, Eldritch BlastEnlightened Spirit Tier 4
Thorn Imbue1d6PiercingSpell PowerMelee, Ranged (requires proper wild shape?)Blightcaster 4
Thundershock Imbue1d6ElectricSpell PowerMelee, RangedBattle Engineer Tier 3
Dark Apostate1d8EvilSpell PowerMelee, RangedDark Apostate tier 1
Elemental Arrows1d8Acid/Cold/Fire/ElectricSpell PowerBowArcane Archer enhancements, Elven AA
Poisoned Coating1d8PoisonSpell PowerMelee, RangedVile Chemist core 2
Spellsword1d8Acid/Cold/Fire/ElectricSpell PowerMelee, RangedEldritch Knight core 2
Force Arrows1d8 on hit
xd10 on crit
ForceSpell PowerBowArcane Archer enhancements, Elven AA
Biting Acid
Biting Poison
1d6
1d8
Acid
Poison
Spell PowerMelee in Wolf/Hive formBlightcaster 2

None of the 1d6 builds were serious imbue builds and none of them would become OP by just adjusting them to be 1d8s while keeping 100% scaling.

exactly those graphs are super deceptive when the vast majority of people I saw playing the archetype were using a 1d8 imbue.

Nickodeamous

I did some math and the Monk elemental attacks 10% has a break even of 139.50 base damage. Once you get past there, the 10% is better than the description below. This will be very nice in epics!

Grandmaster Fires of Purity: You strike an opponent, backed with the power of flame. Your attack will deal 2 to 40 additional fire damage. D&D Dice: Your attack will deal 2d20 extra fire damage

Also, I like the 15% on the alignment builders.

what I dont like is that we still cant just do finishing moves without accidently clicking the wrong button and having to start alll over... We really need to have it so we can open doors, click on collectables, and STILL have the finisher ready. please make it happen :)

Nice work here!
Nic

rabidfox

The People's Champion
That's completely true for me. I squeezed what I could out of my 1d6 imbues on my arti to keep up what damage I could. It's a bit funny and sad that I'll lose a tiny bit of damage off the dice change. And at the end of the day, it'll still be a C-tier damage dealer.

Lotoc

So I'm pretty much expecting this loss in imbue damage/scaling overall is preparing for extra dice that'll come from a universal melee tree with an imbue focus.
Unfortunate that EK and VC are yet again losing raw imbue power, afterall they used to reach d12s with 100% spellpower scaling.
It isn't like spellpower imbues were a dominant playstyle, VC poison had theoretical insane dps potential just because of ninja spy stacking 100% increased damage but that was an unrealistic expectation.

Can we PLEASE get proper threat modifiers on imbues finally while you're working on them?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Bard: Iced Edges
Bard: Resonant Arms
Warlock: Spiritual Retribution
Helf: Warlock Dilettante
It seems iced edges was changed but just not in the notes.
NtCeEwj.jpg

The other 3 however are still not d8 on lam.

YyE6gIU.jpg

Lp3wCTC.jpg

KWxQrAW.jpg

Triaxx2

Honestly Helf Dile either needs to lose the 2 second ICD or go up to 1d8. It's such a garbage feature that even on builds taking advantage of it, it's painful. Source: I've played builds that take advantage of it.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Honestly Helf Dile either needs to lose the 2 second ICD or go up to 1d8. It's such a garbage feature that even on builds taking advantage of it, it's painful. Source: I've played builds that take advantage of it.
It's really bad. Even at 1d8, it would still be bad. The ICD needs to be dropped down to make it usable for anything other then memes.

LouDaCrisp

Since its roughly mathematically equal, why not just use d6s @ 100% scaling rather then d8s @ 75%?
I might be misunderstanding, but are you asking for them to instead of doing this 75% Spell Power scaling, reduce all 1d8s to 1d6s and keep that 100% scaling?

canicus

Especially, since all of the new SLAs share the same cooldown ?
I admit I haven't tested this, but if this is accurate, please consider separate cooldowns devs. Just like with the lvl 1 bolt spells. You seem to be trying to encourage us to branch out into multi-element play, which I support. If this stands, the only time people are likely to use an SLA that is not their focus, is if they are fire or cold alch and they need to throw out an occasional acid before they get immunity bypass at 12 and never touch another element for the rest of the game.

Lotoc

To be honest not a fan of the imbue change.
As things stand it kind of makes sense, the d8 imbues are restrictive in nature.
The EK imbues require you to be taking levels in the classes with the worst base attack bonus progression in the game leading to very clunky feat progression.
The Vile Chemist imbue is restricted to simple weapons, meaning you miss out on a lot of front number potential.
The wolf poison imbue is the most resisted damage type in the game so it made sense to have higher values than the thorn and the acid imbues.
The Dark Apostate imbue getting d8 made sense because it was restricted to favoured weapons.
Arcane Archer imbues being a d8 makes sense as bows get less attack speed/rate of fire than the likes of shurikens and repeaters.

Making all SP imbues a d8 then nerfing the scaling on them all to the point they end up worse than d6 on the high end just makes the existing d8 imbues worse because they still have those restrictive natures for no relative payoff while doing effectively nothing to benefit the d6 imbues.

droid327

Whyyyy do you keep doing this, SSG?

Why do you keep making these huge, horrible unforced errors? This is the Amber Temple last preview all over again

No one was complaining about Imbue damage being OP. It was not rendering non-Imbue builds irrelevant. It was not giving you more power for the opportunity cost than other build pathways. Spellpower imbues were not making MP/RP imbues irrelevant either; both have their niche in the game right now, as you would expect: one for hybrid caster/melee, one for pure martial builds.

It was not a problem, but you're trying to solve it like it was a problem

If you want to standardize spellpower imbues, sure that's fine. But dont do it by nerfing all the imbues people are actually using to suck as much as the imbues we're not. This will totally gut my EK/PM inqui, for one, since he uses his Acid Spellsword. I dont understand why you'd spend so much time and effort creating and supporting the Imbue system as an alternative to purely phys/crit/sneak damage builds, a system that's been largely successful, and then suddenly and arbitrarily just turn and throw it in the dumpster like this

You just Order 66ed imbue builds

Vox

Bombardier

• Cores 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 now grant +2% Fire, Cold, Electric, Acid, and Poison Spell Critical Damage instead of their original Pyrite boosts

This doesn't seem to be working, it's only providing the +2% that is on live

edit: the 3x vial sla's should not be on the same cooldown, otherwise it is fairly pointless to have 3 of them.

Please consider moving elemental obliteration to the t2 vial, remove the t3 vial, and add a lv 3 spell aoe sla to t5.

Last edited:

Kitty2Meow

If you like these kinds of changes and would like to see more of them, please let us know! And if you have your own suggestions as to what should be adjusted, please feel free to let us know about those as well!

For the Swashbuckler Tier 5, is it possible to move the 20% competence Max HP bonus from "Second Skin" to "Coup De Grace Melee Attack" and increase it to 2AP instead? or make the 20% competence Max HP bonus standalone as there is a still spot to add 5th Tier5 enhancement.

Not every bard wears Light armor, and 3AP to get the 20% competence Max HP bonus is quite expensive.

Neilfladech

Please take a look at most of the sacred fist left side enhancements. They are all tied together and use 2 AP. Either reduce a few of them or untie them from each other please.

Status
Not open for further replies.