U62 Preview 2 Balance Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiwabar

Old-timer, mostly an observer
@Torc This is a good start, but would it be possible to remove the requirements for Tier One: Reed in the Wind (requires Dodge), Tier Two: Improved Dodge (requires Dodge + either wearing no armor or light armor), and Tier Three: Athletic Mastery (requires Mobility, Improved Dodge + wearing no armor or light armor).

Fighters who wear heavy armor could really benefit from the added +3% dodge, +3 max dodge cap, -3 armor check penalty that Improved Dodge and Athletic Mastery would provide, as well as the temporary 9% insight bonus that Reed in the Wind could provide (depending on dodge cap or perhaps make the attack ignore cap).

Additionally I wouldn't mind seeing the charge/recharge on Tier Four: Opportunity Attack removed and replaced with a standard cooldown. 10% chance to recharge the current two-charge pool it has may have been more viable under the old doublestrike system, but since that system was overhauled the whole charge/recharge aspect of it is not as appealing. Opportunity Attack already has a cooldown, so would it be possible just to keep that and remove the two-charge pool?

The additional +20 melee power that Opportunity Attack provides for six seconds (on top of it's +3W base damage) helps boost the damage output of scaling abilities within the tree like Tier Five: A Good Death (Melee) and Tier Five: Deadly Strike (on vorpal), so having that always available when it is off cooldown rather than requiring it being both off cooldown and having at least one charge in its pool would be a big help.
Yea, I wrote about it here https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/u62-preview-2-balance-refresh.4162/post-44240
But it's cool that someone else took up the topic. To my post I might add Tempest would also Whirling Blades line downgraded to 1AP

Haphazard

Its odd to have the spellvials all on the same cooldown. 9 APs to get a choice of three elements doesn't feel competitive.

Also, in testing taking Benediction in t5 of Dark Apostate renders the Harm admixture of Alchemist ineffective. You knew people would try this right? Please come up with a solution so I can play my Dark Apothecary :)

Hap

Scrag

Its odd to have the spellvials all on the same cooldown. 9 APs to get a choice of three elements doesn't feel competitive.

Also, in testing taking Benediction in t5 of Dark Apostate renders the Harm admixture of Alchemist ineffective. You knew people would try this right? Please come up with a solution so I can play my Dark Apothecary :)

Hap
Pray for mercy sucks for dice as well.

axel15810

Torc,

Thank you for listening to feedback on some of these, I know I specifically pointed out the Kensei tactics AP cost previously and glad you all listened/agreed.

Radiant Servant has not been touched yet in these recent passes iirc. So as someone who has always mained a radiant servant cleric here's the most pressing radiant servant changes I'd love to see.

- Positive Energy Burst - It'd be awesome if this healed for a bit more or scaled past level 20. Even with lots of positive spellpower, healing from it is not that great at endgame considering today's HP numbers, even with every possible meta magic applied. I think a boost to how much it heals is warranted.

- Positive Energy Aura - Please just let us keep this always on, like the far superior Exalted Angel healing aura. However, I wouldn't want the gold cloud animation to go away, please don't remove that flavor. I love that animation. I also would still want the domain effect on turns to auto proc every x seconds if possible. I would also love it if we could apply metamagics other than just empower healing to it, or if it healed a bit more.

- Capstone - I would love if the every 5th spell effect was changed to a general healing buff that affected every cast- such as a big general bump to positive spell power and crit chance. The really inconsistent nature of the capstone affecting only 1 in 5 spells is frustrating and makes the capstone overall not great.

- Domains - I would love it if the domain procs on turn uses would last atleast 30 seconds, instead of 20. I mean I'd prefer 1 minute or more but I am trying to be reasonable. 20 seconds has always felt a bit short to me.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
Here's what we've gotten so far in terms of bug fixes and feedback responses:

Bugs Fixed:
  • The Known Issue about feats not working with our new tooltip flow has been resolved.
  • Fixed: Swashbuckler and Warchanter imbue not scaling at 75%, also fixed their tooltips
  • Fixed: Boulder's Might still using the old system
  • Fixed: Force Arrows correctly use their Tier 3 Values
  • Fixed: Elf AA Tree is all kinds of weird with some of the 3-ranks condensing to 1
  • Fixed: Vial SLAs in Bombardier erroneously sharing a cooldown
Balance Updates:
  • Cleave and Great Cleave have been updated to deal +20% and +40% damage respectively
  • Divine Vessel in Warpriest/Warsoul now deals +30% more damage
  • New: Arcane Archer core 1's enhancement bonus now stacks with everything.
  • New: Arcane Archer's tier 5 Improved Elemental Arrow's critical hits now scale with Imbue dice, dealing 1d10 per imbue dice on a critical hit, and apply to the Force Arrows imbue. (this replaces the current force arrows on-crit 1d10)
If you see any other bugs or have further feedback on balance let us know!

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Bugs Fixed:
  • The Known Issue about feats not working with our new tooltip flow has been resolved.
  • Fixed: Swashbuckler and Warchanter imbue not scaling at 75%, also fixed their tooltips
  • Fixed: Elf AA Tree is all kinds of weird with some of the 3-ranks condensing to 1
Balance Updates:
  • Cleave and Great Cleave have been updated to deal +20% and +40% damage respectively
  • New: Arcane Archer's tier 5 Improved Elemental Arrow's critical hits now scale with Imbue dice, dealing 1d10 per imbue dice on a critical hit, and apply to the Force Arrows imbue. (this replaces the current force arrows on-crit 1d10)
just 1 small thing, apothecary will never be used as long as the admixture/inflict admixture spells cant be quickened, and harm cant kill targets (like Dark Apostate can). fix these 2 things and apothecary will be amazing :)

Lotoc

Balance Updates:
Does this mean divine vessel will be 80% or are you reducing it from 50% to 30%?
If it's 50% down to 30% please make it at least 40%, Divine Vessel shares its cooldown with great cleave and is a tier 5 enhancement, the light/fire damage it does is negligible and does not make up the difference between 30% and 40%. (alternatively make the fire/light damage good enough to make up the difference)

Qtcreator

Bugs Fixed:
Balance Updates:
Swashbuckler imbue always 1d6, please fix to 1d8

Haphazard

Bugs Fixed:
Balance Updates:
Not sure if its been pushed to lam yet but vials are still on same cooldown.

Hap

Haphazard

just 1 small thing, apothecary will never be used as long as the admixture/inflict admixture spells cant be quickened, and harm cant kill targets (like Dark Apostate can). fix these 2 things and apothecary will be amazing :)
Some sort of neg energy immunity stripping is needed in Apothecary. Quicken would be good as well.

The main issue is that at cap the damage falls behind Bombadier. Mast Apothecary feels like it should balance the books in terms of damage but even with Inflict Crit Admixture damage dice and no cap it falls behind Multivial and Burning Ambition. One potential fix (or at least help) would be to increase Deadly Neurotoxin to -2 or even -3 per stack (its tied to t5 so you can't take as a serious Bombadier) or allow burning ambition dice on admixtures (I personally think this would be good as you're limited by the need to dip deep in Bombadier to get Burning Ambition.

Levelling for most Alchemists becomes;

1-19 Apothecary
20 Bombadier
21- 22 Apothecary when you realise you haven't got enough spellpoints
23 -32 Bombadier

Hap

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Some sort of neg energy immunity stripping is needed in Apothecary. Quicken would be good as well.

The main issue is that at cap the damage falls behind Bombadier. Mast Apothecary feels like it should balance the books in terms of damage but even with Inflict Crit Admixture damage dice and no cap it falls behind Multivial and Burning Ambition. One potential fix (or at least help) would be to increase Deadly Neurotoxin to -2 or even -3 per stack (its tied to t5 so you can't take as a serious Bombadier) or allow burning ambition dice on admixtures (I personally think this would be good as you're limited by the need to dip deep in Bombadier to get Burning Ambition.

Levelling for most Alchemists becomes;

1-19 Apothecary
20 Bombadier
21- 22 Apothecary when you realise you haven't got enough spellpoints
23 -32 Bombadier

Hap
small balance changes, not big changes was my goal, but yes i agree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.