U66 Preview 2: Tumble Changes

Arsont

heya, thanks for that. I see no one wants to talk about this anymore. This is a nerf/ban/demolisher all-in-one. thanks for effing us folks that played with tumble as IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN

not sure how to take that video but the tumble changes REEK.
Hi. You might have missed it, but the reason no one is talking about the changes here anymore is because the changes are already live; this is the Lamannia (preview server) forum thread. If you want to continue the discussion, you can go to the General Discussion threads here or to the Suggestions threads here.

For the record, I don't think the changes are altogether bad.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Hi. You might have missed it, but the reason no one is talking about the changes here anymore is because the changes are already live; this is the Lamannia (preview server) forum thread. If you want to continue the discussion, you can go to the General Discussion threads here or to the Suggestions threads here.

For the record, I don't think the changes are altogether bad.
Are you a tumbler? I'm guessing not. n I know this is Lamannia Forum but I'm looking for a serious discussion bc I didn't play lama (spend enough time on game already.) I foolishly trusted 'the community' to mention **bring to light any serious issues. i WAS VERY WRONG.I think there is a serious issue with the nerf hammer in this case.

****IDK about e or how to do it. My gameplay is hampered and I am rather upset as they changed a core skill to the point of death.

Last edited:

Mesmerin

Does a skill tome count towards unlocking the ability to tumble? I'm sure I never used to stick the single point in it as I had a +5 tome, but following the update and an ER I now hop rather than tumble, am I misremembering or did it change?

dur

aka Cybersquirt
You can "unlock" tumble on character creation. Do Not Waste a Tome on it. It is/was one Skill of 3 set to n/a at creation; the 3 being: perform, tumble, and UMD, iirc

1. Only get 'credit' if your skill is not n/a. (*Only reason I used to want to TR my 30 Paly (0 Tumble) - not convinced now. Nerfed)

Last edited:

sweenjm

Long time player, first time commenter. I really dislike the changes to tumble. Makes movement so much less fluid. I would have preferred no change at all to this mess. It greatly hinders mobility, especially in large and deadly mobs. I feel that tumble should be something used reflexively, rather than something you should worry about how many charges of it you have. I see it as severe hindrance to enjoyment of the game, and will probably stop me from playing at all. Perhaps some sort of stamina meter (that provides you with penalties when exhausted) rather than a hard limit. i would really prefer it be the way it always was.

Kritikal

I just think it's ridiculous that they added a SECOND on/off toggle for Tumble (experimental and UI), but will not add them for these:

- Dragonlord ground effects on/off
- overhead trap box notification
- overhead secret door notification
- over chest teddy bear lock notification

If any dev sees this, please add them. It's about time.

Elminster

I just think it's ridiculous that they added a SECOND on/off toggle for Tumble (experimental and UI), but will not add them for these:

- Dragonlord ground effects on/off
- overhead trap box notification
- overhead secret door notification
- over chest teddy bear lock notification

If any dev sees this, please add them. It's about time.

I. HATE. THE. DRAGONLORD GROUND EFFECTS. IT'S.A.MASSIVE.EYESORE.AND.DISTRACTION.

Thank you.