Unsinful's Evoker Favored Soul

Unsinful

Here is my U59 Evoker Favored Soul! It is meant to be a nuker while also having full healing capabilities for raids. The gear here is what I would run, there are other ways to get to the same goals. I prefer this gear set because it is very tanky on top of having nearly maxed damage.
My character does have all the past lives, but they are not required for this build, they simply augment it further.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me here on the forums or on discord!

Fisto Mk I

Eye of the Beholder Will (Rare) =>Eye/Grave (rare)? -2 Will, -2 PRR, + 8 USP, +1 Spellsight from + 2 Int?

seph1roth5

Why no slas from aov? Or did you ditch those at 20 when you get epic strikes and such? Though it looks like you took mainly healing epic stuff....Yeah I guess i need more of an explanation on how this does R10 lol. Is it a nuker that can kill fast/well in r10? Only r10 at cap? It's very different from the more aov/dps epic fvs I would play, and he'd be more of a r1-r4 kind of thing.

Vox

Here is my U59 Evoker Favored Soul! It is meant to be a nuker while also having full healing capabilities for raids. The gear here is what I would run, there are other ways to get to the same goals. I prefer this gear set because it is very tanky on top of having nearly maxed damage.
My character does have all the past lives, but they are not required for this build, they simply augment it further.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me here on the forums or on discord!
Looks pretty nice.

If you don't mind, what are your DC's, crit chance & spellpower?

DeathTitan

Dragonspeed in draconic incarnation tree should be a must have: 10% spells cooldown reduction is a lot and I notice the difference when I play my caster without it.

Reactions: DBZ

Unsinful

Why no slas from aov? Or did you ditch those at 20 when you get epic strikes and such? Though it looks like you took mainly healing epic stuff....Yeah I guess i need more of an explanation on how this does R10 lol. Is it a nuker that can kill fast/well in r10? Only r10 at cap? It's very different from the more aov/dps epic fvs I would play, and he'd be more of a r1-r4 kind of thing.
I drop them at 20. They are the worst of the light spells once you have access to other stuff. At cap it will nuke through r10 just fine. You also have the dcs for cc’ing things and instakilling. That’s the joy of fvs.

Unsinful

Dragonspeed in draconic incarnation tree should be a must have: 10% spells cooldown reduction is a lot and I notice the difference when I play my caster without it.
Good point. It’s certainly beneficial in lots of places. Wouldn’t say it’s a must, though. It is worthwhile if you can spare the points without losing other important stuff. I personally didn’t take it because I’d lose a spell dc and I would have to lose my third core of Primal which is very nice for protecting against dots in high reaper.

Last edited:

Unsinful

Looks pretty nice.

If you don't mind, what are your DC's, crit chance & spellpower?
My DC for Evocation is 128, enchant is 125, necro 123.
Fire and Light spellpower (with pots going) end up around 1000, then I click wellspring
Positive spellpower sits around 1000 as well but it doesn’t have as many temporary boosts.
Crit chance on fire is 57% light is 56% positive is 56% as well

Reactions: Vox

DeathTitan

My DC for Evocation is 128, enchant is 125, necro 123.
Fire and Light spellpower (with pots going) end up around 1000, then I click wellspring
Positive spellpower sits around 1000 as well but it doesn’t have as many temporary boosts.
Crit chance on fire is 57% light is 56% positive is 56% as well
I'm impressed that you reach those DCs without epic spell focus feats, exceptional dc +2, fatesinger +2.

Geezer

In your docs, you say you have the legendary Elders set bonus, but you can't because you're not using the elders helm, but the Terazzas perfect sight instead.

Particles

Nice build.

I think you're missing Constitution: maybe replace wizardry aug with con aug? Elder's neck already gives wizardry.

Why the lack of Pomura's aug for 5% ins spell lore?

I've tried to find a way to fit in more spell crit dmg % like an LGS item without losing sets or DCs but the gear is pretty tight. Maybe swapping hamp from a fang to an aug for a 10%, or dropping 1 cha by using the Dino Bone Ring Scale for a 20%? Not clear cut that it's an improvement though.

Unsinful

Nice build.

I think you're missing Constitution: maybe replace wizardry aug with con aug? Elder's neck already gives wizardry.

Why the lack of Pomura's aug for 5% ins spell lore?

I've tried to find a way to fit in more spell crit dmg % like an LGS item without losing sets or DCs but the gear is pretty tight. Maybe swapping hamp from a fang to an aug for a 10%, or dropping 1 cha by using the Dino Bone Ring Scale for a 20%? Not clear cut that it's an improvement though.
just oversights on the page, its in the gear on the spreadsheet :) will fix the doc as well.

DeathTitan

I would replace healing spell crit damage with fire/light ones if I read the build correctly.
If I'm not wrong you are also missing artifact bonus to fire/light spell power .
Also if I'm not wrong you are missing many sources of insightful/quality fire spell power, quality light spell power, and I don't see any aet giving +3 artifact DC.
I don't think you can reach 128 evocation DC as you said, unless you show a breakdown of your evocation DC like this one:

Earthquake DC (129):
18 Base
50 Wisdom
3 Epic spell focus evocation
1 Past life arcane initiate
3 Sorcerer past lives
2 Embolden spell
4 Scion of water
4 Fatesinger destiny cores
3 Mastering the strings (fatesinger destiny - tier 5)
1 Ballad of the ages (fatesinger destiny - tier 5)
3 The magic of music (fatesinger destiny - tier 3)
1 Guild airship bonus from Archwizard
4 Dire thaumaturge
1 Hierophant (season’s herald - core 6)
1 Strength of the solstice (season’s herald - tier 4)
3 True power (dragonborn - tier 4)
6 Evocation focus from Legendary goggles of dusk
3 Insightful evocation focus from Legendary goggles of dusk
2 Quality spell focus mastery from Legendary goggles of dusk
2 Profane spell focus from The legendary shattered onyx
2 Sacred spell focus from Dinosaur bone boots
2 Exceptional spell focus from Dinosaur bone quarterstaff
3 Artifact bonus from Legendary hruit's influence set
2 Lunar magic filigree set
2 Eye of the beholder set
1 Reaper bonus from rings
2 Topaz of greater evocation

Unsinful

I would replace healing spell crit damage with fire/light ones if I read the build correctly.
If I'm not wrong you are also missing artifact bonus to fire/light spell power .
Also if I'm not wrong you are missing many sources of insightful/quality fire spell power, quality light spell power, and I don't see any aet giving +3 artifact DC.
I don't think you can reach 128 evocation DC as you said, unless you show a breakdown of your evocation DC like this one:

Earthquake DC (129):
18 Base
50 Wisdom
3 Epic spell focus evocation
1 Past life arcane initiate
3 Sorcerer past lives
2 Embolden spell
4 Scion of water
4 Fatesinger destiny cores
3 Mastering the strings (fatesinger destiny - tier 5)
1 Ballad of the ages (fatesinger destiny - tier 5)
3 The magic of music (fatesinger destiny - tier 3)
1 Guild airship bonus from Archwizard
4 Dire thaumaturge
1 Hierophant (season’s herald - core 6)
1 Strength of the solstice (season’s herald - tier 4)
3 True power (dragonborn - tier 4)
6 Evocation focus from Legendary goggles of dusk
3 Insightful evocation focus from Legendary goggles of dusk
2 Quality spell focus mastery from Legendary goggles of dusk
2 Profane spell focus from The legendary shattered onyx
2 Sacred spell focus from Dinosaur bone boots
2 Exceptional spell focus from Dinosaur bone quarterstaff
3 Artifact bonus from Legendary hruit's influence set
2 Lunar magic filigree set
2 Eye of the beholder set
1 Reaper bonus from rings
2 Topaz of greater evocation
I run more positive spellpower/crit than the various fire/light because I raid with the same character I run R10's with and I would rather be a better healer than a nuker, its not my job to nuke and do DPS in a raid, its my job to keep everyone alive. I prefer my healing get those various small bonuses.
I get artifact +3 DC from the Esoterica Augment Set Bonus
As for DC, you don't have to believe it. That's what I have. I shouldn't have to break down the DC for every single spell. I have 116 buffed charisma, max past lives for evo, a reaper stat helm, 2 reaper DC rings etc etc. I have all the stuff needed for max DC. All the spell schools are different which is why I don't waste space breaking down all the schools DC's. It just makes the document even longer and harder to read.
However, I will edit and say 128 was with a +2 from bard songs. I always run with my guildie and always have bard songs. So 126 is the more accurate standalone number, though, with Aura of Menace, mobs are always debuffed to -2 saves instantly making my effective DC 128.

You are welcome to make suggestions if you'd like but this guide is a done-as-is guide to help people get up to speed with how I run my personal Fvs at the current time. I focus more on DC casting and Healing than doing too much DPS, I have a good amount of DPS but it is not meant to be maxed in any way.

Last edited:

DeathTitan

I even gave you a template with all bonus to calculate evocation DC.
The point is what would be other players DC with your build because often there isn't a bard and you want to CC/nuke mobs before they come in your debuff aura.
I would be also curious to know how exactly you calculate your buffed 116 charisma (lol, does it include abishai cookies too?).

The fact is that before reading a build, people usually want to know exactly these parameters and how exactly you calculate them: primary attribute, primary school DC, spellpower, spell critical chance, spell critical damage.

And only after knowing them, people bothering reading the other parts of a build (equipment, feats, enhancements, destinies).

You said that you would rather be a better healer than a nuker, but I don't see "Flame of the Favored" (healing wall) in tier 5 beacon of hope enhancement tree, I don't see empower healing feat, I don't see insightful/quality positive spell power, I don't see artifact positive spell critical chance/spell power.

All I see is a generalist build not specialized in anything (not even specialized in evocation DC because I don't see any evocation spell focus feats, no +2 exceptional DC, no +2 DC from fatesinger tree, no alchemical shield with +2 charisma).

I don't see enlarge spell feat, how do you heal people in raids (but also in quests) that are far from you? (that's the main reason for which it's almost impossible for me to resurrect players with scrolls in raids).

I'm not experienced in favored souls but I would say that the Legendary Flamecleansed Fury set is probably a must have for any favored soul caster:
+30 Artifact bonus to Fire, Force, Light and Positive Spell Power
+6% Artifact bonus to Fire, Force, Light and Positive Spell Crit Chance
+3 Artifact bonus to Wisdom and Charisma
+3 Artifact bonus to Spell DCs

Augment sets:
touch of power for +25 Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Power
set augment cruel cut for +15% Artifact bonus to damage vs the Helpless

Maybe fit Legendary sunken slippers boots in your equipment for universal insightful/quality spell power.

With this equipment you would be less thanky but you would be a better dps/healer caster.
Also constitution is not optimized because slavers item gives only +13 constitution instead of +14 from an augment, only +5 insightful constitution form augment, no exceptional constitution for globe of true imperial blood.

Last edited:

Vox

Fwiw I'm at 114 cha (in reaper) on my Aasimar FvS, and that could go to 116 with 3rd rank divine purpose & swapping in one CHA filigree. 116 on a native CHA race isn't much of a stretch.