Unsinful's Evoker Favored Soul

warlock player

Yall are wrong.

My guildie once said if you have to rely on crit to heal, you're doing it wrong.

I 200% agree with his idea. Crit may help on self heal, but now we have out of combat heal for self heal. You should aim to maximise SPELL POWER not CRIT.

At a mere 950(+emp heal) my fvs can easily keep up with 6k+ hp people. On crit she heals for 8k, non crit about 3k-4k. With better gear and epl I should assume she could definitely heal ~5k on non crit, and 10k+ on crit(heal spell/SLA)

For self heal you have also the beacon abilities which helps a ton to temporarily boost your hamp. It also good vs wf toons and undead wizzies. If I land this on any of them I can heal them for equal amoun.

Mickeymouse

could it be, and I´m going out on a thin line here, the build is from U59 that is 5-6 updates ago. I wonder if that could explain certain metrics in terms of gearing.

Yall are wrong.

My guildie once said if you have to rely on crit to heal, you're doing it wrong.

I 200% agree with his idea. Crit may help on self heal, but now we have out of combat heal for self heal. You should aim to maximise SPELL POWER not CRIT.

At a mere 950(+emp heal) my fvs can easily keep up with 6k+ hp people. On crit she heals for 8k, non crit about 3k-4k. With better gear and epl I should assume she could definitely heal ~5k on non crit, and 10k+ on crit(heal spell/SLA)

For self heal you have also the beacon abilities which helps a ton to temporarily boost your hamp. It also good vs wf toons and undead wizzies. If I land this on any of them I can heal them for equal amoun.
If your only meta magic to boost spellpower is empower heal you don't know what you're doing lol. And the 20% hamp is 10% from beacons on wf and undead won't allow you to heal them better in the least 😅

warlock player

If your only meta magic to boost spellpower is empower heal you don't know what you're doing lol. And the 20% hamp is 10% from beacons on wf and undead won't allow you to heal them better in the least 😅
Idk what crack you're on but go read wiki page https://ddowiki.com/page/Beacon_of_Hope_enhancements

-50 hamp + 32 hamp = -18 healamp. Please learn to heal.

Heal SLA and Heal SPELL don't benefit from max/emp, hence the exclusion in that brief introduction of spellpower. I have MAX now, it works on close wounds SLA, but using max on cure spells is NOT a smart move. Please learn some maths and look at details! Cure spells benefit +1to healing from caster levels and the initial number is vastly inferior to HEAL/MASS HEAL that using max is not gonna raise the +20 (+25 if 2 filigree sets which I do not recommend and beacon capstone) by a lot. Mass cure is the 3rd best option to press after 2 heal spells, all while spamming close wounds SLA.

Hobgoblin

Maybe you guys should try playing with op? When you solo LH DND on the reg come and talk. Right now I'm seeing lots of bads but no replacement for them....

Unsinful

My build, as is stated, has always been concerned about healing and DC's first before damage. If I can keep entire dungeons locked down and keep everyone healed while still doing decent damage then I'm not sure what the issue is.
The build is a little older at this point, but besides some minor gear adjustments I would still play it the same way. It has no issues healing anyone, no matter if they are undead or WF or have 10k HP. It doesn't need to crit to heal them to max. A crit heal is vastly overkill on 99% of players. Building to max your crit and dump other stuff is not necessary.
The damage isn't amazing but fvs damage never will be. Their spell choices are too poor to ever be a true nuker. It's decent enough to solo high reaper when I want or an occasional raid while still being a full DC caster and healer. 99% of the time I'm running R10's with a static group and I am the DC caster and healer and spend 0 time doing any damage. The other 1% of the time I am running content where my damage is more than enough.
Also, the point of the post was the share my personal build and how I play it, if you don't like it then don't follow it. The number of people who ask for my build is consistently high enough that I try to keep it up to date when I have the chance. In the end, all the gear and the build doesn't matter as much as the person behind the keyboard. This is one of my favorite builds ever and I play it the way I find the most successful for what I want to do in the game.

warlock player

My build, as is stated, has always been concerned about healing and DC's first before damage. If I can keep entire dungeons locked down and keep everyone healed while still doing decent damage then I'm not sure what the issue is.
The build is a little older at this point, but besides some minor gear adjustments I would still play it the same way. It has no issues healing anyone, no matter if they are undead or WF or have 10k HP. It doesn't need to crit to heal them to max. A crit heal is vastly overkill on 99% of players. Building to max your crit and dump other stuff is not necessary.
The damage isn't amazing but fvs damage never will be. Their spell choices are too poor to ever be a true nuker. It's decent enough to solo high reaper when I want or an occasional raid while still being a full DC caster and healer. 99% of the time I'm running R10's with a static group and I am the DC caster and healer and spend 0 time doing any damage. The other 1% of the time I am running content where my damage is more than enough.
Also, the point of the post was the share my personal build and how I play it, if you don't like it then don't follow it. The number of people who ask for my build is consistently high enough that I try to keep it up to date when I have the chance. In the end, all the gear and the build doesn't matter as much as the person behind the keyboard. This is one of my favorite builds ever and I play it the way I find the most successful for what I want to do in the game.
I LOOOOOVE this conception of fvS, this is exactly how I feel about FvS.

FvS spells are NOT good as nukes, the effect comes slowly, numbers are not there. Cooldowns are massive, choices too limited and no elemental immunity strip. FvS shines when they heal, and as a secondary CC'er. Greater command is massively underrated, and probably order's wrath too.

I also agree with you that no matter how good the "build" is, it's the play that matters. Whether you're quick enough to catch people with heal before they die to doom, or you outsmart the dungeon and AI and keep everything alive.

Been watching your videos on youtube, and I already knew you were amazing but am still impressed ))

Last edited:

DBZ

FVS Imploders are beasts on r10s there not as flashy as the sorc but fun to watch

Stronger then ever with the 33 penalty and the gutting coming

Aratheal

@Unsinful , I'm just about to TR and I am very excited to play this build mate!
Could you please provide a brief rundown on your levelling process? (ie.. AP point allocation, spells etc..)
I love playing as a healer/cc support, takes me back to early game when I used to solo heal Tempest Spine/Shroud for the raid group ;)
Thanks for build info!

Unsinful

@Unsinful , I'm just about to TR and I am very excited to play this build mate!
Could you please provide a brief rundown on your levelling process? (ie.. AP point allocation, spells etc..)
I love playing as a healer/cc support, takes me back to early game when I used to solo heal Tempest Spine/Shroud for the raid group ;)
Thanks for build info!
Rush your first 13 AP to get your Sun Bolt SLA. After that it is mostly up to you. The caster levels in tier 4 of Angel of Vengeance are nice as well.
Grab Maximize at level 1 and Empower at level 3. Quicken at level 6.
Level 1-4 is rough. Just hit stuff with a sword and use SLA nimbus of light and the nimbus of light spell. This will be rough. Once you get to level 4, you will get soundburst and have enough AP to get to Sun Bolt. Once you have those two, combo them. Stun packs of mobs and line up multiple with sun bolt. As soon as you get to level 6 take searing light. Searing Light + Sun Bolt + Soundburst is a good way to kill tons of mobs easily. Those spells will 1 shot most things and Soundburst will keep them in place to help make sun bolt more efficient. Level 8 grab Holy Smite. Level 10 grab Flame Strike. Level 12 grab Cometfall and Cometfall SLA from AoV. Level 16 get Firestorm. Level 14 get Destruction to pick off single mobs like archers that run from your AoE spells. Keep AoE spells cycling. Always be using your new highest level spell as your opener for packs because it will do the most damage. If something is immune to fire, use light. Once you get to level 8 not much will stand a chance. Stun it with soundburst and then an AoE spell will certainly kill everything in your path.

Aratheal

Rush your first 13 AP to get your Sun Bolt SLA. After that it is mostly up to you. The caster levels in tier 4 of Angel of Vengeance are nice as well.
Grab Maximize at level 1 and Empower at level 3. Quicken at level 6.
Level 1-4 is rough. Just hit stuff with a sword and use SLA nimbus of light and the nimbus of light spell. This will be rough. Once you get to level 4, you will get soundburst and have enough AP to get to Sun Bolt. Once you have those two, combo them. Stun packs of mobs and line up multiple with sun bolt. As soon as you get to level 6 take searing light. Searing Light + Sun Bolt + Soundburst is a good way to kill tons of mobs easily. Those spells will 1 shot most things and Soundburst will keep them in place to help make sun bolt more efficient. Level 8 grab Holy Smite. Level 10 grab Flame Strike. Level 12 grab Cometfall and Cometfall SLA from AoV. Level 16 get Firestorm. Level 14 get Destruction to pick off single mobs like archers that run from your AoE spells. Keep AoE spells cycling. Always be using your new highest level spell as your opener for packs because it will do the most damage. If something is immune to fire, use light. Once you get to level 8 not much will stand a chance. Stun it with soundburst and then an AoE spell will certainly kill everything in your path.
Thanks mate, that lays it out nicely.

I am running with a static group (4 man) with Warlock + Vanguard + Ass Rogue and they are tearing it up on R1, I might be able to contribute a bit now as I was leaning towards the Positive SP ;)

Unsinful

Thanks mate, that lays it out nicely.

I am running with a static group (4 man) with Warlock + Vanguard + Ass Rogue and they are tearing it up on R1, I might be able to contribute a bit now as I was leaning towards the Positive SP ;)
I would never level as a pure healer/CC because trash just dies so fast in heroics. Level as damage and then swap AP in epics to be more healer/CC focused.