Update 59.1 Release Notes

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
Sooooo, dumby question on my part - I noticed while looking through one of the saga vendor menus there's now a sentence with red text saying quest skipping for sagas doesn't give you credit for story arc completion or favor (which afaik has always been the case). I don't remember seeing that sentence in red though.

Was that a change with 59.1 or was I just not paying attention to colors?

Cordovan

Community Manager
Sooooo, dumby question on my part - I noticed while looking through one of the saga vendor menus there's now a sentence with red text saying quest skipping for sagas doesn't give you credit for story arc completion or favor (which afaik has always been the case). I don't remember seeing that sentence in red though.

Was that a change with 59.1 or was I just not paying attention to colors?
From the Update 59.1 release notes:

• The Saga's Skip dialogue has been updated to info the player it doesn't count for story prerequisites nor favor, only towards saga progress.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
From the Update 59.1 release notes:

• The Saga's Skip dialogue has been updated to info the player it doesn't count for story prerequisites nor favor, only towards saga progress.
I did a search for the word saga on that page before I posted that question and Edge said there was no match... Huh. Thanks for the response @Cordovan. 👍

cmgamer

Is it just me or does the client seem to have an issue with loading up now? Is it the 64 bit again? I am still using that.

Buddha5440

you might be right there, it was in wheloon. Outline like a named item, but it was just a rng creation. There really wasn't anything 'wonderous' about it at all.
The good thing is, if I remember correctly, you can feed them to your sentient gems even though you can't feed the named items from the end rewards to them.

Br4d

There was a time when Wondrous items were amazing, like ML2 with ML24 (for the time) stats. Then they all were made L14 and no longer dropped.

I have a Dex 10, Vitality 50 trinket leftover from those days. It's still excellent at 14 and it was insane at level 2.

There was a time when Wondrous items were amazing, like ML2 with ML24 (for the time) stats. Then they all were made L14 and no longer dropped.

I have a Dex 10, Vitality 50 trinket leftover from those days. It's still excellent at 14 and it was insane at level 2.
Con +10 Prot +10 Boots, my pride and joy.

Neilfladech

So will there be a fix for this sound bug in IoD or do I just have to play with no sound or on 32 but client from now on?

Ambitious

Life Shaper
The OpenAI (sound) library has been rolled back to 1.19 for 64-bit game clients. The 32-bit game client had not been upgraded. This rollback is to address a new crashing issue experienced by a some users. Known issue: Some forms of crashes from sound that had been fixed in a previous update may re-appear as a result of this library rollback.

So just to clarify: First, the sound caused some clients to crash. Then you "fixed" it and realized, that now the sound causes a different group of people to crash. So you revert it back, that the client crashes for the first group again.
Are you actually being serious right now?

Jeeboheebo

So just to clarify: First, the sound caused some clients to crash. Then you "fixed" it and realized, that now the sound causes a different group of people to crash. So you revert it back, that the client crashes for the first group again.
That's how I'm reading it. Unbelievable... I guess the new group of crashers are more important than us that have been suffering it from the lauch of IOD.

Buddha5440

Or, you could respond with constructive criticsm. If they do a rollback, the 'fixes' they applied before no longer exist. Complaining doesn't fix anything...offering possible solutions can.

Maybe disable the OpenAI uadio until it gets fixed. Everyone should still have an option for 'default software' in their audio options. Maybe try going with that for the time being.

Cordovan

Community Manager
Clearly correcting this issue remains a work in progress. Yes, though, ultimately we had to make a hard decision based on the numbers of people being impacted and the severity of the impact. We will be releasing a better solution in the future.

Jeeboheebo

Clearly correcting this issue remains a work in progress. Yes, though, ultimately we had to make a hard decision based on the numbers of people being impacted and the severity of the impact. We will be releasing a better solution in the future.
Thanks for the info.