Update 61 Patch 1 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordovan

Community Manager
Welcome to our first preview of the next raid! Lamannia is now open, and will remain open until 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Friday, August 25th.

Big Features:​

• The Raid
    • The new raid (currently called "Let's not stand on ceremony," but its final title is to be determined) can be reached by talking to Geth. Geth is a Gargoyle in the upper Morgrave public area, just past the Vecna Unleashed Part One questgivers.
  • Raid Loot!
  • Balance Refresh 2

Other things:​

Balance and Small Changes:​

Bugfixes:​

• Fixed some undead that were not being damage by healing in the U61 pack
  • Mounted players will no longer dismount when riding past the tavern on the Morgrave University bridge. (But note: in order to change spells etc. you will need to enter the tavern area, which will dismount you as normally happens in taverns.)
  • Unquipping a Glamered or Cosmetic bow will no longer break your animations and combat style
  • Electrocution in Stormsinger now has the correct tooltip text
  • Freedom of Movement, Mass and True Seeing, Mass now have the correct maximum targets
  • Fixed bug where bonus DCs for Quivering Palm were +2 per stack instead of +4
  • Quest - "The Evil We Know"
    • Kexxalt, the Sahuagin miniboss in the Hall of the Devourer, now allows players to pass through him when he is defeated just in case he is standing in a doorway.
    • All of the Doppelgangers are now properly named "Devout Doppelganger" as they should be.
  • Monster Manual
    • The Overworked Assistant now properly count as a Human instead of a Wolf
    • The Hidden Hand Skullguard now properly counts as a Skeleton instead of a Human

Last edited:

Cordovan

Community Manager
FYI: Torc and I will be on Lamannia starting at 8pm Eastern for about an hour or so to answer some questions and get your immediate feedback on the raid! Check world chat around 8p.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Mounted players will no longer dismount when riding past the tavern on the Morgrave University bridge. (But note: in order to change spells etc. you will need to enter the tavern area, which will dismount you as normally happens in taverns.)
Still getting dismounted on it unless way on the outside of the path.

Vorph

Raid looks cool and the items art is nice, even if the stats are not instantly impressive. The dance of ruin-like mechanic is interesting, though i kind of wish there had been one in the regular quests whenever a certain number of vrocks got together, but whatever i'll take it.

A balor only summoning dretches feels weak though. I'm not expecting you to have nalfeshnees in the game, but you do have everything else in their summon table. They don't have to be on fire like the dretches but if an orange named marilith happened to spawn it wouldnt be the worst thing. Maybe some runs it spawns a different thing, maybe not. Who knows? It's from the abyss and chaotic so... Just don't make it a raptor

Viamel

A balor only summoning dretches feels weak though. I'm not expecting you to have nalfeshnees in the game, but you do have everything else in their summon table. They don't have to be on fire like the dretches but if an orange named marilith happened to spawn it wouldnt be the worst thing. Maybe some runs it spawns a different thing, maybe not. Who knows? It's from the abyss and chaotic so... Just don't make it a raptor
Even just a broader spawn table would be fun;
Marilith
Hezrou
Dreagloth
Jarilith

Each having their own unique mechanic like the Vrock and Dretches would be fun but not necessary.
To that end the trash waves that don't unique mechanics could also just have a few more mobs, i.e a unit of 4 Hezrou porting on with one orange named Marilith
A Jaralith spawn that bee-lines for whoever has the boss' aggro?

Leesun

Raid looks cool and the items art is nice, even if the stats are not instantly impressive. The dance of ruin-like mechanic is interesting, though i kind of wish there had been one in the regular quests whenever a certain number of vrocks got together, but whatever i'll take it.

A balor can summon 4d10 dretches, 1d4 hezrous, or one nalfeshnee, glabrezu, marilith or another balor once per day.
What if the balor, out of arrogance, gave us the option of fighting a horde of dretches (no extra chest), a large group of orange hezrous (no extra chest) or a powerful red/purple named glabrezu or marilith (extra chest added)?

Brakkart

I liked it, it's a bit simple though. My only complaint really is the Dretches. I feel like a Balor would be summoning more powerful demons to aid him, would much prefer he summons in some Mariliths or Goristro's, even Hezrou's or Jarilith's but not lowly Dretches. Yes I know the pen & paper version can summon 4d10 of them a day, but they are still more than a bit meh for this. To make them a challenge you've had to make them huge and explode, just use more powerful demon types instead, it'll be way cooler!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The raid could use a rest shrine in the front room. It would let people quickly regain action boosts/etc, and get going again on a fresh run after a wipe.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Purely aesthetic: For the raid chest, could you make the chest look bigger/splashier? For quests that have Tokens of the Twelve, the end chests are larger and there's a purple glow about them. Raid chests should look and feel epic or legendary, not drab and ordinary like they currently do.

Vorph

R
The dretches have massive HP pools and are anything but weak in mid-reaper difficulty.
Surely their difficulty spikes with reaper skulls but end of the day they're just more hp bags. That's just mediocre design, but i guess that's the problem when you have to make one raid fit all difficulties.

Azdalen

In Archanotechnician, lvl 6 core Thaumaturgical Battery is next to worthless as its only ever a 1sp reduction. To make it useful, it should scale in some way, like half or 1/3 total Artificer level or be based on the cost of the prior spell used.

Ying

5000+ hours played
The balor's "crushed!" attack animation needs a more delay before damage is applied. There's very little time to react to the animation.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Had my tabaxi enhancement tree granted spring attack disappear from my feats list after releasing from death. Noticed it was greyed out on my hot bar when I went to use it. Redying and releasing didn't fix it, going to character select and back in fixed it. Tried dying again but didn't bug out on me, so don't know how ensure it occurs. Don't die and release on live often enough to have to noticed it, so it might not be a pure new issue (could be related to the recent performance feat work - gonna blow myself up a few times on live and see if I can cause it there).

Status
Not open for further replies.