Update 63 Preview 1: Deck of Many Curses

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
Hello everyone!

This Lamannia contains a preview of a new item: The Deck of Many Curses! Collect cards to make Decks, and then use those decks to apply mysterious Curses to your equipment! To obtain Cards and try out the Deck of Many Curses, visit the Test Dojo.

An Important Note: While text is in for everything related to this feature, not quite everything works yet. That said, if you see something that doesn't work, feel free to let us know anyway - Better to know too much than not enough. Additionally, before this feature goes live, aspects may be added or removed.

Feel free to discuss this feature here!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Some examples.

curses.jpg

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I also saw +2 fortune to int as one. It's RNG rules like GoMF so what you see in the window isn't what you get.
another_curse.jpg

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It's one and done per gear, you can't replace it once you apply it.
curse_forever.jpg

image.png

str.png

ScreenShot_2023-10-17_154440_0.png

curse.jpg

To quote Steelstar:
(To clarify: Nothing here actually reduces stats or debuffs you at all)
(OK sink like stone may be a debuff)

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
So, it's more RNG? Like we can't plan the curses... is a 8 or 80 system, go big or go home.
It's RNG like GoMF or Lodestone where what you see in the window isn't what's applied. Hope for good RNG as once it's assigned that item is stuck with it.

MSC

If you're going ahead with this system as pure RNG, please at least let us also have a system to remove a curse. Possible example, use a deck to also remove an unwanted curse, then have to use another deck to re-curse. Would make it cost two decks to effectively reroll the curse on items.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
It's RNG like GoMF or Lodestone where what you see in the window isn't what's applied. Hope for good RNG as once it's assigned that item is stuck with it.
That is bummer... one of the cool things on DDO is the deterministic value the named loot has (we can hope for mystic/reaper bonus, but isn't a make or break situation). Already too jaded by PoE RNG crafting to get invested on RNG that can broke a nice mystic/reaper item.

They should let us at least modify/apply/overwrite a new curse for a price (Remnats or new collectible)

Epitome

Curious if these cards are a permanent new item drop or just part of the event to unlock the new quests (and then going away).
Have you been getting these via Dojo, or new quests, or some other means on Lama?

EDIT: I guess Dojo since it says you can preview them there in OP. Was just curious if they are dropping in new quests or not over there.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Have you been getting these via Dojo, or new quests, or some other means on Lama?

EDIT: I guess Dojo since it says you can preview them there in OP. Was just curious if they are dropping in new quests or not over there.
Dojo so far. Was going to mess with the quests a bit later when I have more free time.

wdhvenrick

If you're going ahead with this system as pure RNG, please at least let us also have a system to remove a curse. Possible example, use a deck to also remove an unwanted curse, then have to use another deck to re-curse. Would make it cost two decks to effectively reroll the curse on items.
I agree, you should be able to spend another deck to let fate and fortune have it's thingy back, especially if you get sink like a rock on a +2 stat reaper boosted helmet lol.

Wongar

Does the fortune bonus stack like mythic and reaper - do the curses stack if you have the same curse on multiple pieces of gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.