Update 63 Preview 2: Named Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ying

5000+ hours played
I accept that I have my own biases as a veteran of the game. But I still don't understand why/where/how the Globe is desired. Some insight from a dev sure would be welcome.

numbataus

The globe augment is something that I would actually use. I already have my three main stats boosted with everything possible, so being able to get +8 to my three dump stats for one augment slot is a bonus I'll take.

nenetteblackmoor

It's not a mistake from a business perspective to choose 'Cleanser', but as a player, I believe we should introduce an overwrite system rather than 'Cleanser'.
Having to clear curses every time before drawing lots diminishes the enjoyment by half.
Prioritizing the joy of being able to draw repeatedly would make the system more interesting, in my opinion.

If the act of drawing lots is directly correlated with using 'Cleanser', then there's no issue with using 'Cleanser' as long as the drop rate is as high as the materials used to build the deck.

Spook

If you have free slot for this garbage, your build clearly very suboptimal. ;)
Well lets try to figure out this hypothetical build that can benefit from this augment. We will make the assumption that this person knows how to build and can get their saves high enough to run challenge content.

Abilties (in all cases main stat is considered not safe to dump but didnt want to repeat that 6 times):
Never Dump
Con

Only dump if you cant make the saves or if you have a feat that changes the ability the save works off (eg insightful reflexes)
Dex
Wis

Dump if you are not a caster or if its main stat or trance stat (trance swaps exist but sometimes its a dps loss in combat)
Int

Dump if you are not a tank or otherwise need in combat social skills or UMD (out of combat you can use a swap)
Cha

Safe to dump unless its a main stat
Str

So we know that they have 3 dumped stats so im my best guess without more information is that these are Str, Cha, Int

What will +8 Str Cha int give? some carry weight and +4 in skills (or +2 over pots) that likely dont benefit the builds effectiveness (swim anyone?) thus they would be better with other augments in this slot.

Last edited:

HoopleHead

The problem steel is that the Globe of True imperial blood ... was an exceptional bonus not an enhancement bonus, so stacked with everything, if you want this to be the upgraded version this should be a +2 exceptional bonus...

This ^

Also wouldn't be upset if the insightful stat augments scaled with weapon/item level :unsure::whistle::D;):oops:

Last edited:

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Honestly, I think its an impossible task with the Globe. They're trying to make an item that isnt so strong that its automatically must-slot for every build, but also isnt so weak that its trash for everyone.

I just dont think that exists. Builds nowadays are so specific and well-tuned that things either have a spot in the meta, or they dont. If they do, then something else loses that spot. And if they dont, then they dont have any relevance at all.

Maybe they should just reimagine the design intent for the Globe entirely. Maybe make it +14 CON + a random stat at +14, so it ends up replacing two individual stat augments. I think that's creating value, but not too much power creep. And it also creates a tradable item for the economy.
There was a plan a few updates ago to introduse double stat augments. I dont remember why but it has never happened. Maybe it is time to rethink that project. a +12 stat/stat ML 32 aug could be much more valuable than the +8 all stat augment.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
The globe augment is something that I would actually use. I already have my three main stats boosted with everything possible, so being able to get +8 to my three dump stats for one augment slot is a bonus I'll take.
If you use dino gear u have like 3-5 colorless augments slots for +14 stat augments. No need the +8 one

numbataus

While everyone speculates on my answer, I was trying to make the point of what I believe this augment is for, since everyone has been asking for it to stack. In my case, I'm augment slot poor, using Part of family, fey winter and Summer and I am using 2 +14 augments that I would try replacing with a single +8 to give me back an augment slot for something more useful.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
If this augment would be upgradeable through some ritual (like the VoD dagger) into a higher stat aug I could understand the low starting values.
If it cannot be turned into something better its useless

Elminster

I know you heard enough about that dang Globe of Cursed Blood (but I got into the convo a bit late.. another idea!)

Globe of Cursed Blood: As soon as you insert the augment the Globe can bestow a random bonus; from +6 to -6 enhancement (0-70)/Exceptional(71-90)/Quality(90-99)/Profane(100) to all stats. Of course to remove a globe you would need a jeweler's kit but the augment disintegrates once you do. hehehehehe.

Last edited:

Vox

Give the globe a hidden aug set bonus, +8 for one, add +4 insightful for two, & +2 quality for three.

It's not OP vs mainstat & con gear, and there is opportunity cost given competing set bonuses

Konsumer

The Globe of Cursed Blood is indeed a spiritual successor to the Globe of Imperial Blood.

Its intent is to take one Colorless (or otherwise unused) Augment Slot and let you slot in something that improves ALL of the Ability Scores you weren't otherwise upgrading with specific gear or Augments. It is intentionally lower-valued than equipping a full piece of gear at that level, as you're getting multiple score boosts in one Slot. It is not intended to boost power in the things you were already focusing on.

Changing the numbers and (especially) the typing here would defeat that purpose.
I get the intent, but most of us have all if not most of our stats are increased through enhancement bonuses on gear and augments already. Upgrading a single dump stat or 2 to very subpar levels doesn't sound exciting. For newer players maybe. Anyone who hasn't made 6-12 mules to store gear might be excited. But the reaper players and raiders won't be impressed. Earlier I suggested a +2 quality bonus instead. Same concept but far more useful. You can even wear it at cap to help the non-prime requisites with an additional +1 bonus but your main stats are going to already have +3 quality. Or you should want them to have as much quality bonus as possible at least.

Tesrali (sam-u-r-eye)

Well lets try to figure out this hypothetical build that can benefit from this augment. We will make the assumption that this person knows how to build and can get their saves high enough to run challenge content.

Abilties (in all cases main stat is considered not safe to dump but didnt want to repeat that 6 times):
Never Dump
Con

Only dump if you cant make the saves or if you have a feat that changes the ability the save works off (eg insightful reflexes)
Dex
Wis

Dump if you are not a caster or if its main stat or trance stat (trance swaps exist but sometimes its a dps loss in combat)
Int

Dump if you are not a tank or otherwise need in combat social skills or UMD (out of combat you can use a swap)
Cha

Safe to dump unless its a main stat
Str

So we know that they have 3 dumped stats so im my best guess without more information is that these are Str, Cha, Int

What will +8 Str Cha int give? some carry weight and +4 in skills (or +2 over pots) that likely dont benefit the builds effectiveness (swim anyone?) thus they would be better with other augments in this slot.

My thoughts exactly. Getting +2 reflex and +2 will save on my Sorcerer is not going to make any difference. If I really wanted I could get +7 for a colorless but... ...I'm still no where near making a save. Just a friendly question here, but do we have a loot council on the Players Council? It seems like the devs haven't been making builds for a while or exploring what goes on at endgame. <3

Gearing and best-in-slot is a pretty specific process. Devs spend all day coding so I understand them not knowing what is going on.

KylerrTheMajty

That it has!

We're updating the Globe of Cursed Blood to +8 Enhancement Bonus to Each Ability Score. We've heard the feedback for other potential changes to that item, but do not plan to change it further at this time.

That said, we'd absolutely love more feedback on the other items.
Just make new globe exepcional bonus +3 to all stat....

Old one was +2 and ppl still using it if you add +3 we all will be using it too

Its rly not that hard and op

Fisto Mk I

Just make new globe exepcional bonus +3 to all stat....
Oh, no, not again... 🤣
Old one was +2 and ppl still using it if you add +3 we all will be using it too
Old one is +1, not +2. With current progression +2 Exceptional to all stat appropriate to ML40. And +3 - to ML55.
Its rly not that hard and op
Yea, sure... now we have +2 to one stat at ML30, +3 at ML32 to all stat clearly not be op, lol.
lE2E7Ff.png

I found a solid use for the +8 augment!

When quickly putting together an end game character on Lamannia to test stuff before the 48 hour (or whatever) window runs out I don't bother searching for the perfect gear... let alone slotting all the filigrees and augments. Just too much work for too little time. Slotting one augment for +8 to all stats though? Worth it.

Maybe we should put together some kind of ranking scale;
S - Top tier item for its level. Will be found in optimized/meta builds.
A - Good item for level. Will be found mostly in 'average' builds.
B - Decent item for level. Will be found mostly in early life builds.
C - Average item for level. Not much better than random generated loot at level.
F - Bad item for level. Somehow weaker than random generated loot at level.

On that scale I'd put most of the items in this preview in the B rank. Facet of Condensed Power, Legendary Severed Tentacle, and rings with Exceptional Universal Spell Lore might be A rank.
The Ring of Unnatural Accuracy is a high A, low S. As far as I can tell, that's the first source of quality doubleshot, and the Marksmanship affix is generally on the Wind Howlers and their descendants. I'd do a LOT of nonsense to shove this thing in.

I dont Like gimps

I
The Ring of Unnatural Accuracy is a high A, low S. As far as I can tell, that's the first source of quality doubleshot, and the Marksmanship affix is generally on the Wind Howlers and their descendants. I'd do a LOT of nonsense to shove this thing in.
pretty simple tbh look at carpones gearset for say can easily just swap rings and Minor artifact at Minimal loss while also getting Qual dex
and thats Bow aka No Iod weapons its gonna be quiet easy in Non mind/matter gearsets

that Rings S tier ....

Status
Not open for further replies.