Update 63 Preview 2: Named Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDunk

I found a solid use for the +8 augment!

When quickly putting together an end game character on Lamannia to test stuff before the 48 hour (or whatever) window runs out I don't bother searching for the perfect gear... let alone slotting all the filigrees and augments. Just too much work for too little time. Slotting one augment for +8 to all stats though? Worth it.

Maybe we should put together some kind of ranking scale;
S - Top tier item for its level. Will be found in optimized/meta builds.
A - Good item for level. Will be found mostly in 'average' builds.
B - Decent item for level. Will be found mostly in early life builds.
C - Average item for level. Not much better than random generated loot at level.
F - Bad item for level. Somehow weaker than random generated loot at level.

On that scale I'd put most of the items in this preview in the B rank. Facet of Condensed Power, Legendary Severed Tentacle, and rings with Exceptional Universal Spell Lore might be A rank.

JaynChar2019

6 quality would be too good, and if you consider that the main objective of this is to raise probably a 3th or 4th atribute more than anything else, the bigger the number the better, because you would always aim to get the higher number in your main stats and in constitution. if we are talking about just one more stats is better to just put 1 regular enhancement bonus to such a stats. this have to be convient but not good enough to invalidate other augments.
Maybe adding 2 separate augments, one for mental stats and other for physical stats. like str/dex/con Int/cha/wis Con would be a wasted but at least would be thematically ok ( also having both augments have the same amounts of stats is pleasing) this could make it posible to raise the stats to maybe 12 at lvl 32?
yeah I mean won't stack with tomes I would think, unless I'm wrong?

Rincewind

The only thing I got from the imperial blood augment was that I should always ask for more than what i think is adequate

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
The only thing I got from the imperial blood augment was that I should always ask for more than what i think is adequate
That was my train of tought... the initial concept was thrash, so shoot for the moon and hope for the best... yet we got only +8... meh no satisfying

Nickodeamous

the +8 augment is equivalent to a lev 16 augment from GH except, its level 30+...

I'm late to the game, but did read that it was +6 before and now its +8? I mean, if you lower the min lev on this to maybe 20, it may be fun to use, but like others have stated, this isn't worth the slot in end game gear (unless you are new to DDO and have no gear at all). Maybe that's the target market??? For me though, its a no on farming for this. Too bad.

You could make it ultra rare, like jibbers/nebula rare, and make it +14 for 3 abilities (one slot). Then you have peoples attention.

On that note, I think you should add ultra rare augments that really stand out. Just a thought.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
You've put cologne on a pile of trash. Underneath the cologne is the stench of trash.

Why even add an item that no one would use? Why add an item to just take up bag space. Or to lower the chances of getting an actually useful augment from a chest.

+10 enhancement or +4 insight or scrap the item.

The reason we keep mentioning this item above all the rest because it is by far the absolute most trash item in this update, and the most trash item seen in the past 5 updates.
The +2 Exceptional bonus to all stats was the most logical next step in the progression.

I couldn't care less about a +10 Enhancement or +4 Insight bonus to all stats. For the stats (two or three) that matter most, people will be going out of their way for the +14 Enhancement, +6 Insight, and +3 Quality bonuses.

Fisto Mk I

+2 Exceptional or +1 Alchemical must be good.
The +2 Exceptional bonus to all stats was the most logical next step in the progression.
As you can see, initially I also thought about a similar bonus... however, I later changed my mind.
Now we have +2 Exceptional bonus for one stat only starting from ML30, so +2 Exceptional for all stats at ML32 is an obvious OP. This bonus, based on the existing progression, should only be available at ML40.

On the other hand, +2 Quality or +1 Alchemical bonus to all stats at ML32 still looks promising, same as +5 Insight. 8)

Spook

As you can see, initially I also thought about a similar bonus... however, I later changed my mind.
Now we have +2 Exceptional bonus for one stat only starting from ML30, so +2 Exceptional for all stats at ML32 is an obvious OP. This bonus, based on the existing progression, should only be available at ML40.

On the other hand, +2 Quality or +1 Alchemical bonus to all stats at ML32 still looks promising, same as +5 Insight. 8)
I dont think +2 exceptional would be OP if anything it would make FoM weapons more desirable compared to Dino. However its not the intent of the design so any of:

+10 Enhance
+5 Insight
+2 Quality
+2 Artifact
+1 alchemical

Could work and be used on occasion though the reality is DDO is an all or nothing game we already slot +14 main stat when we have +13 on gear. This may help casuals close the gap to min-maxers but this is the wrong content to do that with IMO

saekee

long live ROGUE
I think these need more ‘oomph’ since they are not part of sets. The severed ******* seems the best for a lot of builds not already geared up. When I look at the Pearl of Telepathic Seeking—the one my assassin might use—I am trying to figure out how I would slot it and what it brings to the table. As of now, it does not do much outside the dodge bypass. What else does it need? Maybe quality assassinate instead of deception? But then maybe some folks want the deception which is a bit low—shoudl be buffed double

Cashery

All the rings have four different effects with the exception to:

Legendary Ring of the transformed voice. Is this ring missing something?

droid327

Honestly, I think its an impossible task with the Globe. They're trying to make an item that isnt so strong that its automatically must-slot for every build, but also isnt so weak that its trash for everyone.

I just dont think that exists. Builds nowadays are so specific and well-tuned that things either have a spot in the meta, or they dont. If they do, then something else loses that spot. And if they dont, then they dont have any relevance at all.

Maybe they should just reimagine the design intent for the Globe entirely. Maybe make it +14 CON + a random stat at +14, so it ends up replacing two individual stat augments. I think that's creating value, but not too much power creep. And it also creates a tradable item for the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.