Update 66 Preview 1: Dragon Lord Fighter Archetype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macenzie

The trouble with Bsword (and DAxe) is that you lose a lot of the ability mod damage adjustment. And in my experience shield damage nowhere near compensates. You can plow a lot of points into Vanguard (obviously not on pure DL) to increase the shield damage, but it still feels low dps rather than if you spent the points elsewhere.

Elminster

The trouble with Bsword (and DAxe) is that you lose a lot of the ability mod damage adjustment. And in my experience shield damage nowhere near compensates. You can plow a lot of points into Vanguard (obviously not on pure DL) to increase the shield damage, but it still feels low dps rather than if you spent the points elsewhere.
Soo.... THF THF THF aka. SoS SoS SoS eSoS...
oh god won'tt he SoSing stop?!!! Make it stop !!!

Scrag

Yes, but for both of these, you can make up with swf, especially on a dragonlord. And now that we get runearms + bswords + thf (improved + specialty) + perfect swf, you get all sorts of swiss army action.

Elminster

Dragonlord kinda reminds me of Warden in LOTRO. Just a plethora of tools which made the Warden extremely OP if.... you've got the skills. (which many players don't)

Scrag

Dragonlord kinda reminds me of Warden in LOTRO. Just a plethora of tools which made the Warden extremely OP if.... you've got the skills. (which many players don't)
I would hazard many players just want to play, do a little better here and there over time, and mostly have fun.

glass_jaws

Any chance you would consider dex as a viable stat for this archetype as well? It would need the roar to be str/cha/dex, dex selector on attributes, and probably a dex trance.

Eme

Past Life:
You were a Dragon Lord in a past life. Others find you strangely compelling when you speak or take to the battlefield. Each time you acquire this feat you gain +1 Damage with Melee Weapons
does that damage count for unarmed, too, or is this useless for monks?

Pineapple

Didn't they change hand wraps a few years ago to act as weapons instead of whatever they were before that? I would assume it would work now.

If you are punching things without hand wraps on I would be less confident you would get the bonus.

Eme

Didn't they change hand wraps a few years ago to act as weapons instead of whatever they were before that? I would assume it would work now.

If you are punching things without hand wraps on I would be less confident you would get the bonus.
there are still things in game that require weapons that don't work with wraps, so wouldn't presume this counts if they say 'weapon' rather than just 'damage'

Speed

there are still things in game that require weapons that don't work with wraps, so wouldn't presume this counts if they say 'weapon' rather than just 'damage'

Can you provide examples?
Various "weapon" things (including +1 damage) worked with handwraps for me (few months ago) unless specified otherwise (like some in Ninja Spy tree).

Lotoc

Can you provide examples?
Various "weapon" things (including +1 damage) worked with handwraps for me (few months ago) unless specified otherwise (like some in Ninja Spy tree).
The main thing that doesn't work with handwraps is the tempest tree as you're actually wielding a single weapon that uses the twf style and tempest abilities to specifically say while wielding two weapons rather than while two weapon fighting, its a dumb technicality. Most everything else that requires a weapon will function with wraps as its very rare for stuff to be specific to dual wielding.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer

Pineapple is correct here. Handwraps are Melee Weapons.

The main thing that doesn't work with handwraps is the tempest tree as you're actually wielding a single weapon that uses the twf style and tempest abilities to specifically say while wielding two weapons rather than while two weapon fighting, its a dumb technicality. Most everything else that requires a weapon will function with wraps as its very rare for stuff to be specific to dual wielding.
True, though that is intended as per that wording.

Reactions: Eme

droid327

tempest abilities specifically say while wielding two weapons rather than while two weapon fighting, its a dumb technicality.

I get why they dont want Tempest Monks able to leverage all the benefits of Tempest while also getting all the Monk benefits to unarmed

Though I still think Sacred Fist should have a wraps-only version of Dance of Death in their T5, that'd be pretty cool and help make Fist a little better at the thing its actually supposed to do....

Finngon

I know this comes very late but it only now hit me.

This archetype reminds me of the Warlord class in 4e. and I'm all for it.

Elminster

I know this comes very late but it only now hit me.

This archetype reminds me of the Warlord class in 4e. and I'm all for it.

dfnswbu-c8bc2fe9-3d55-4f66-81c0-7fe6706d5eab.jpg

I get why they dont want Tempest Monks able to leverage all the benefits of Tempest while also getting all the Monk benefits to unarmed

Though I still think Sacred Fist should have a wraps-only version of Dance of Death in their T5, that'd be pretty cool and help make Fist a little better at the thing its actually supposed to do....

Its more that they dont really care about Tempest. The tree does not even give them both damage multi and crit range, you have to go into other trees for that. Its also thematically a speed based type without any actual run speed.

Scrag

If handwraps are weapons as indicated, does that mean thf feats work with them??? Or does a weapon have to be specifically marked as thf to get the bonuses... I mean, you can't use anything in the secondary...

Axcarth

Its more that they dont really care about Tempest. The tree does not even give them both damage multi and crit range, you have to go into other trees for that. Its also thematically a speed based type without any actual run speed.
Agree on this. Tempest tree has been far away from the hands of the gods for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.