Update 66 Preview 1 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwukane

would it be possible to do something about these:
Holy Command: does not appear to be functioning as intended as it currently does not apply Helpless or Blindness to Sun "Pillar"

Noble Affinity: Multi selector gives an option to summon a Flaming Sphere with a 60 second cool down. This is a level 2 spell which is doesn't really belong. It cannot do damage to epic mobs. Can we get something like Fire Shield and/or Ice Shield or another spell so that I can make real choice other then Mass Cure Mod? Sun bolt is really hard to use.

Holy Fireball: has some funky controls. It only aims at hard targets and wont fire where your camera is looking. If I target a mob, and that mob dies as I cast the spell its misfires and end up just firing the the direction my avatar is facing not the direction my camera is looking, making firing at an up or down angle without a hard mob to target impossible. Please make the targeting work like spells like Sonic Blast and the like.

Hi all! I hope your 2024 is treating you well!

With Update 66 we're embarking on a pretty large overhaul of the current 13 Epic Destinies in an effort to adjust their structure, balance, and presentation. This takes the form of some universal changes that apply to all trees, and some specific changes that apply to certain abilities within certain trees. Without further ado, let's get right to it!

Changes to All Trees​

All Epic Destiny Trees have received the following:
  • A pass over their individual icons for readability and iconography - this includes several new icons and edits to existing ones to provide a cleaner and more cohesive within-tree look.
  • All Mantle ability icons now have a color-coded border around their Icon for maximum readability on a hotbar or within a tree.
  • All Strike ability icons now have a color-coded border around their Icon for maximum readability on a hotbar or within a tree.
  • All abilities that upgrade a Mantle or a Strike now have an appropriate border that matches the border of what they're upgrading for maximum visual clarity.
  • Trees have been reordered and rearranged to support more clear Prereq lines in cases where ability upgrades are required - for example, an ability that says "Your Destiny Mantle gains this specific bonus" is now in a line with that Mantle and has arrows to properly convey its relationship.
  • A ton of tooltips have been rewritten, reworded, color coded, and simplified or expanded depending on their needs.
You'll notice this section is almost all about how the trees are presented - and it's something that we hope really makes a difference. But now, onwards to the funky stuff!

Draconic Incarnation​

Most of these adjustments are about Dragon Breath, an ability that we think is quite strong but has overshadowed the other caster-based Epic Strikes and (more importantly) outpaced the intended difficulty of our content. To that end, we're lowering its damage, but are also lowering its AP cost and its cooldown. Other Epic Strikes are being adjusted as well, Draconic just happens to be first and we're starting here!
  • Dragon Breath is now a 1-rank, 2AP Ability.
  • Dragon Breath damage adjusted to 1d6+3 damage per caster level.
  • Energy Burst now increases Dragon Breath's damage to 1d6+7 damage per caster level.
  • Gaping Maw now increases Dragon Breath's damage to 1d6+7 damage per caster level.
  • Dragon Breath cooldown adjusted to 12 seconds.
  • Dragon Breath and Attune the Arcane have swapped places in the tree.

Fatesinger​

Fatesinger's largest adjustments are in how it calculates its DCs for its CC abilities. It's also the first tree in alphabetical order to have its cores adjusted, which means this is a great place to talk about our new Core structure for certain destinies.

Quick Interlude for a Chart!​

Going forward, we've standardized the HP and SP so that certain destinies match each other based on their intended playstyle. This mostly resulted in a bump to HP for the Martial Destinies, but we're happy to have a good standard to fall back on when iterating on this system.
Destiny TypeDestiny TreesHP Per CoreSP Per Core
MartialDivine Crusader, Grandmaster of Flowers, Legendary Dreadnought, Fury of the Wild25-
HybridShadowdancer, Fatesinger, Machrotechnic, Shiradi1525
SpellcasterDraconic Incarnation, Magus of the Eclipse, Primal Avatar, Exalted Angel-50
Unyielding SentienelUnyielding Sentienel3520

Back to Fatesinger​

Where were we... right! Fatesinger!
  • Core abilities now grant +15 HP
  • Renamed "The Rhythm to Reign" to "Pianissimo"
  • Renamed "Reign" to "The Rhythm to Reign"
  • DC for Discord abilities (melee/ranged) is now 20 + highest mod + stun DC
  • DC for Greatest Shout + Discord (spell) is now 20 + highest of int/wis/cha + evocation DC

Magus of the Eclipse​

Magus is the first of the trees to get a more significant overhaul to its structure. The big goal here was to provide more traditional spellcasters a way to better utilize the whole tree. We also wanted to significantly boost the damage of the Epic Strikes to make them a more attractive choice for damaging spellcasters.
  • Moon Lance and Gloom Spear now deal 1d8+8 damage per caster level
  • Chill Aura is now multiselected with: "Flash of the Eclipse: While in your Magus of the Eclipse Destiny Mantle, your Cold and Negative spells have a chance to blast your target for an additional 1d6+6 damage per character level of the same type as the spell used, as well as applying one stack of Shattermantle. Each element can only strike once every 5 seconds, tracked separately."
  • Share the Light now requires Chill Aura as a prereq
  • Null Magic Strike is now multiselected with Share the Light and moves down in the tree to Tier 3
  • New Tier 4 where Null Magic Strike was: "Lunar Studies: While in your Magus of the Eclipse Destiny Mantle, you gain Spell Resistance, Magic Resistance Rating, and Magic Resistance Rating Cap equal to 3 times the number of Metamagic feats you've acquired."
  • Grand Summoner moves to multiselect with New Tier 4 Lunar Studies, and is now part of the Destiny Mantle
  • New Tier 1 where Grand Summoner was: "Moontouched: +2/4/6 Magic Resistance Rating. Rank 3: +5 Negative, Cold, Force, and Universal Spell Power"
  • Lunar Imbuement is now: "Casting Moon Lance or Gloom Spear grants you +5 Negative, Cold, Force, and Universal Spell Power for 12 seconds, and these spells apply 5 stacks of Vulnerability to the enemy struck."
  • All Core abilities now grant +1 Spell Penetration each
  • Core 4 now grants +3 Spell Pen (which is still total of 7 across all 4 cores + 3 from core 4, but is now spread out a bit and easier to access)
  • Lunar Power is now: "+10 Negative, Cold, Force, and Universal spell power. Your Moon Lance and Gloom Spear spells now deal 1d12+16 damage to enemies with 0 or less Spell Resistance."
  • AP costs of several abilities have been adjusted to try to get this tree closer to the goal of 60-ish AP for all abilities like other Destiny Trees. It's still below other trees, but now the margin is less severe.

Machrotechnic​

Only one change - and it's cooldown timer related.
  • The cooldowns of the Hammer Time spells and the damaging Epic Strikes have swapped places - leaving the Sonic and Electric Epic Strikes at 10 seconds and the Hammer spells at 15 seconds.

Divine Crusader​

Only one change - adjusting the cores to match the aforementioned chart.
  • Core Abilities now grant +25 HP

Exalted Angel​

Another tree to receive a larger overhaul. Most of these changes are centered around the Mantle and the Epic Moment. A new mechanical sub-theme within this tree is abilities that boost your Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating. Furthermore, we boosted the damage of the Epic Strikes significantly.
  • Holy Fireball damage adjusted to 1d6+4 Fire and 1d6+4 Light damage per caster level. Cooldown Adjusted to 10 seconds.
  • Divine Protection is now: +1/2/3 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating. Rank 3: +5 Fire, Light, Positive, Alignment and Universal Spellpower.
  • Metamagic Attunement II in tier 5 no longer grants spell power (was moved to tier 2 Divine Protection)
  • Metamagic Attunement II now has proper feat prereqs
  • Sun Pillar and Flame Pillar now deal 1d8+8 damage per caster level
  • Angelic Form is now: "Casting a Fire, Light, or Positive spell causes a flaming blade barrier ring to erupt around you. Enemies entering or leaving the ring take 1d6 Fire and 1d6 Light damage per caster level, and allies entering or leaving the ring are healed for 1d6 plus 1 per caster level in positive energy (this healing and damage has a short cooldown to prevent weirdness). The flaming ring lasts for 5 seconds per spell cast, but subsequent casts extend the duration by 5 seconds each up to a maximum of 30 seconds."
  • Angelic Body is now: "While within your Exalted Angel Destiny Mantle, you gain +5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating, and are immune to Natural Poisons and Natural Diseases.
  • Angelic Soul is now: "You also apply Consecrated Cinders to enemies when they touch your flaming Blade Barrier ring, and apply Consecrated Sparks to allies that touch your flaming Blade Barrier Ring. Consecrated Cinders: -5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating. Consecrated Sparks: +5 Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating"
  • Holy Presence and Angelic Soul have swapped places
  • Holy Presence is now: "While in your Exalted Angel Destiny Mantle, you gain 15% damage absorption to all Elemental (Fire, Cold, Electric, Acid, Poison, Sonic) and Alignment (Good, Evil, Lawful, Chaotic) damage."
  • Blessed Water's Rank 3 now also grants +15 Magical Resistance Rating if you have the Font of Life feat
  • Shadows Upon You now also reduces Armor Class and Physical and Magical Resistance Rating by 1 per stack.
  • Ascendance is now: Epic Moment. For the next 20 seconds, your single-target Cure Wounds spells you cast on any target now instead apply to all allies. These spells cannot crit. For the duration of this ability, Raise Dead and Resurrection also raise your target to full HP like True Resurrection does.

Grandmaster of Flowers​

Almost all of the adjustments here are centered on the Epic Strikes.
  • Drifting Lotus Epic strike now deals +10/20/30% damage
  • Orchid Blossom Epic Strike now deals 1d6+10 damage per caster level
  • Fixed ranged power scaling on Orchid Blossom
  • Fixed tainted creature boost on Orchid Blossom

Legendary Dreadnought​

Only one change - adjusting the cores to match the aforementioned chart.

Shadowdancer​

Another tree to get a slightly more in-depth overhaul, focused on beefing up the Mantle a bit and boosting the Epic Strike.
  • Core abilities now grant +15 HP and +25 SP.
  • Epic Strike: Becomes a beam like Lightning Bolt instead of being single target. Cooldown adjusted to 8 seconds. (note: the Lightning Bolt targeting is not working in this preview!)
  • Shadow Mastery Epic Moment's activation time has been significantly reduced
  • Weird is now a SLA instead of a Spellbook Spell, with the same cost and cooldown as it had before
  • Consumed by Shadows debuff attack from t5 now also applies Shadow Loss and 3 stacks of Darkness to affected enemies.
  • Mantle t5 upgrade's shadowy floating vfx and feather fall moves to the T2 Mantle upgrade, Depths of Darkness
  • New t5 to replace Greater Shadowform: Unholy Feeding: On kill, you gain 6 temp HP per sneak attack dice. You also gain +10 Force and Universal Spell Power and are immune to Pressure Plates and Bear Traps.

Fury of the Wild​

Most of the adjustments here center on the tree's Epic Strikes. We wanted to boost Quick Cut to make it a more attractive choice versus Adrenaline.
  • Core abilities now grant +25 HP
  • Great Leveler now applies a 2 second no save knockdown against targets who succeed against the 6 second knockdown. Tool tip upgraded to indicate the save is vs the Balance Skill.
  • Adrenaline's cooldown has been adjusted to 9 seconds
  • Quick Cut's animation upgraded to use whirlwind (2 hits in a 360 degree area)
  • Cutter now always applies to all creatures hit without requiring you to be Quick
  • Quick now always applies to you (assuming you hit a creature)
  • Cutter damage reduced from 4d6 to 3d6 and is now slashing damage, not bane.

Primal Avatar​

Note: this entire tree's adjusted state is not in this preview! These changes are entirely about the tree's Epic Strikes.
  • Carrion Swarm DOT damage bug fixed to actually be 1d6+1 per 2 character levels.
  • Carrion Swarm gains a saving throw interval to remove the dot.
  • Spring to Summer AOE damage adjusted to 1d6+6 per Caster Level.
  • Storm Catcher single target damage adjusted to 1d8+8 per Caster Level. DOT damage adjusted to 1d6 every 2 seconds per Caster Level.

Shiradi Champion​

For this tree, we wanted to make Fey Lights stronger and broaden the tree's ranged DPS appeal. This is also the debut of a cool new feature, Exploding Arrows, the details of which are in another thread!
  • Core abilities now grant +15 HP, +25 SP
  • Feywild Attunement's Base Attack Bonus now works regardless of weapon type.
  • Fey Lights now deals 1d6+3 Force damage per caster level, scaling with Force Spell Power.
  • Core 4 is now: "You gain +1 Saves vs Spells, with an additional +1 for every Favored Enemy feat you've acquired. +1 Maximum Manyshot charge."
  • Hunt's End goes from an 8 second to a 9 second cooldown
  • Pin is now: "AOE Ranged Attack: Make a Ranged Attack that shatters on impact, hitting all enemies in a small area around where it lands. If a moving enemy is affected, they are slowed for 12 seconds. 15 second cooldown."
  • Otto's Whistler's Immobilize and Dance effects when upgrading Pin have been reduced to a 6 second duration (though still with no saving throw) as Pin's ability to lock down groups is now significantly stronger.

Unyielding Sentinel​

This tree actually received no changes!

Conclusion​

This is an early preview, which means we're very interested in your thoughts and feedback on these changes. Please let us know what you think!
Hi. Just adding my 2 scents. Could you look at changing the GMoF and Divine Crusader stun/cower hold from 4 to at least 5 seconds. Not everyone has access to a caster to play with. Or like myself just solos stuff. Having a little more cc for melee would go along way. I doubt that it would be game breaking. Would really help out the 1-2 people groups whom make up a good portion of players. Plus all I hear is that trash mobs don't matter, so I guess it shouldn't be too much to ask. Thanks for your consideration

BananaHat

If you are talking about the Core 3 of Magus of the Eclipse, then yes it does work. Phenomenally. I love it for dealing with the extremely painful Black Dragon Bolts when leaving through the front door of Castle Ravenloft and the end fight of Toxic Treatment where you have eyeball adds crawling out of the stonework if you push him too hard. 20 seconds of ignoring all the force damage pummeling you while you go around dropping blinding clouds (or safely fighting them if you lack a blind/instant kill option). Get the whole group to cuddle up and turtle if you need to. It's an excellent piece of defensive utility.
Yeah, I am. I suspect it is that it only works on "spells" and not things if a magical nature. I'll have to test it out some more and see if I have any concrete examples of it not working when it should

Phaaze

If it helps reassure you, please know that even though I can't personally reply to every post with "great idea!" that doesn't mean that your feedback isn't being taken into account behind the scenes. A lot of times changes that are seemingly innocuous to players require a great amount of work on the development side, and we don't tend to commit to something until we're sure we can follow through. The truth is really quite simple - the real reason I'm here asking people for their specific feedback is because we as a team do genuinely want the feedback that our lovely players provide. :)

Far from it - there's still plenty of time to make changes for the next update, it's not too late to add your voice! :)
please add this to the main posts of the future lama threads.

it may help calm some players

Vox

I have an underpowered epic ability in mind: Has anyone looked at the Nullmagic Aura in Magus? I have tried several times over the years to get it to suppress or remove an ongoing magic effect or stop one and it has never worked. Does that aura actually do anything? Is it only meant to affect very specific abilities instead of just abilities that should be magical in nature?
It also doesn't help vs effects like divine wrath either (at least not when cast by Molnm, boss of Grimm & Barett)

Nokowi

Shadowdancer suffers from an identity crisis – it doesn’t help those that dance in the shadows. If these trees are supposed to be useful for multiple builds, the hybrid design needs to be removed completely as it is completely niche. Support for magic and illusion should be within one of the magic destinies. Players can then choose between a bit of illusion from a magic destiny and shadowdancer main and a bit of shadowdancer with illusion main. They could still play something similar to what they are doing now.

Any player can hide or move silently and the Shadowdancer tree should have been for those that want to play more tactically. Some effects can be based simply on not being attacked (agro management) and some on not being hit (avoidance) – that can be used by all play styles. This means using an active attack choice for blinding, a different active attack for additional defense, gaining temp HP based on time out of combat, and gaining a damage bonus based on a recent kill. These all work with or without sneak attack.

Anything and everything that makes you play differently and situationally for maximum effect. You can move to the shadows for additional defense or you can jump to the next target for the damage bonus. That’s a trade-off if both of these choices are useful. You can avoid agro or avoid being hit in many ways.

Much more effort needs to be put into making gameplay interesting. Players in this tree deserve the option for more interesting play choices than the current Shadowdancer which is just a DPS alternative with a weird (pun intended) illusion hybrid. A systematic agro re-work is long overdue.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
would it be possible to do something about these:
Holy Command: does not appear to be functioning as intended as it currently does not apply Helpless or Blindness to Sun "Pillar"

Holy Fireball: has some funky controls. It only aims at hard targets and wont fire where your camera is looking. If I target a mob, and that mob dies as I cast the spell its misfires and end up just firing the the direction my avatar is facing not the direction my camera is looking, making firing at an up or down angle without a hard mob to target impossible. Please make the targeting work like spells like Sonic Blast and the like.
I just checked this out in-game and am unable to reproduce this - from my testing it does appear work and correctly apply the proper debuff.

Also, great news on the Holy Fireball front - we actually fixed all SLA targeting for this very update. Check out this post for more information!

I am grateful to see the devteam responding to play feedback. That hasn't always been the case and while there is still a great deal of room for improvement this feels much better than it has in a long long time and I want to say that out loud. That said, I still see a few glaring imbalances I would love to see addressed:

All epic strike spells: Capping epic strike maximum caster level to 20 feels really bad. It is an enormous reduction in damage, especially for caster classes with fewer ways to increase maximum caster level than Sorcerers and Favored Souls. I would strongly suggest raising that cap to 30 or at the very least 25 to match Necrotic Ray and Black Dragon Bolt. Note that my suggestion applies to all epic strikes, including ones that are currently capped at maximum caster level 20 such as Strike a Chord.

Exalted Angel: Holy Presence passive healing is really important to inexperienced solo players breaking into epics. I would suggest moving Holy Presence healing effect to t4 or even t5 but PLEASE don't just remove the functionality. Perhaps make it a multiselect with Ascendance or Holy Fireball. That would still be an enormous nerf to access but it seems a lot less catastrophic outright removing this significant aid for new epic and legendary players.
Exalted Angel: Revert the damage and cooldown change to Holy Fireball. It's completely over the top and unnecessary for a tier 5 ability, especially when fire is one of the most highly resisted damage types in the game and divine casters have no way of stripping immunity. In fact I recommend changing Holy Fireball's damage to 1d6+6 light, fire, and alignment damage and the cooldown changed to 12 seconds to match Dragon Breath which would make a significant dent in addressing divine caster's persistent frustration with fire immune enemies.
Exalted Angel: In keeping with my proposal above I would love to see some sort of fire & light immunity stripping ability as a multiselect with Metamagic Attunement II.

Draconic Incarnation: Dragon Breath changes are still over the top, especially if you are committed to capping all Epic Strike's maximum caster level at 20. That's as much as a 78% reduction from fully pumped dragon breath damage on live. Acid Well deals 1d6+18 damage per caster level for an average of 21.5 with the same max caster level of 20. Dragonbreath already deals significantly less damage than that without Improve Dragon Breath Thus it's base damage should be reverted to 1d6+10 and Improve Dragon Breath should be changed to 1d6+18 if you cap maximum caster level at 20 and 1d6+14 if you take my earlier suggestion and raise the maximum caster of epic strikes level to 30. The change feels especially bad for Energy Vortex given the reduction in Dragon Breath cooldown also means in a reduction in the duration of Energy Vortex. As such I would revert Energy Vortex's damage to 1d6+10. It's still the least used of the Improve Dragon Breath options by a mile.

Macrotechnic: Galvanic Blast and Sonic Blast damage should be increased to 1d6+10 for the same reasons listed above.

Primal Avatar: Carrion Swarm should not have a save added or have its damage reduced. It's damage is lower than other caster epic strikes and it's a stackable DoT which is already disadvantageous for bursting and requires significantly more space in player DPS rotation at the expense of other damaging spells. Additionally it's damage is half poison which is even more widely resisted than fire. Which is why it's such a bad damage spell that it's already mostly used by gimmick built tanks. No need to degrade it further.

Shiradi Champion: Buff Fey Lights blind, silence, & daze(stun once upgraded) effect durations to 8 seconds to be more befitting an epic ability. At the very least make it 6 seconds to match Greater Color Spray and Daunting Roar.

Exalted Angel, Magus of the Eclipse, Fatesinger, & Shadowdancer: Even after the proposed buffs single target epic strike spells in these tree's will still underperform compared to heroic single target damage spells like necrotic ray, much less Iceberg and Lightning Strike. I would increase their base damage to 1d6+12 to match Necrotic Ray and Lunar Power's damage buff to 1d6+24 to approach Iceberg and Lightning Strike. I would also find a way to incorporate similar damage buffs into Exalted Angel, Fatesinger, and Shadowdancer. I am out of time to write for now but I will think on this question and follow up with a more detailed proposal when I get the chance.

Last edited:

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
All Epic Strike Spells: Capping epic strike maximum caster level to 20 feels really bad.
Quick clarification - in our investigations, the only Epic Strike who was not already at max caster level 20 was Dragon Breath, and therefore it's the only one that has had its MCL adjusted for this preview.

Quick clarification - the only Epic Strike who was not already at max caster level 20 was Dragon Breath, and therefore it's the only one that has had its MCL adjusted. It was the only one not already at our intended standard.
I am reasonably certain Drifting Lotus was also uncapped. In any case there's a reason only dragon breath was comparable in damage to heroic spells like Acid Well and Necrotic Ray, which feels bad.

Kimbere

Devs I've already made up their minds mind on everything pretty much.

I think fellas we should just let this go. It is what it is. They wanted nerfs under the guise of diversifying epic attacks and they got it.

Let's move on, they are looking at some numbers that we are not privy to (deaths by build type, total DPS by build types.. who knows what they have access to). But whatever it is, they don't like it and now it's been changed.

73 pages of complaints is enough guys.

Let it go.
Oddly enough, that's pretty much what I think when I see any of your posts.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Oddly enough, that's pretty much what I think when I see any of your posts.
giphy.gif

Danko

Do you still feel like there's a specific ability within the Epic Destinies that is underperforming compared to anything else within the system? If so, that's great feedback, and I'd love to know what specifically you think still needs a little help! :)
Divine Crusader Consecrate heal and damage should scale off MP or RP instead of spell power since it is a martial destiny.

20 seconds is too long of a cooldown. There are other strikes I can do twice in that timeframe, so I’m inclined to use those over Consecrate. 15 sec would be more in line with other strikes.

Reifee - Orien

Funny,

I bet if there was a poll taken (that was worded correctly and not obtuse) it would be a landslide that this is a bit too much.

Dev's that don't take the time and consider things from a business perspective can damage a brand and a game beyond repair. I've seen it quite a few times over the years.

Make things things, create fun. Don't just make things harder.

You do realize that the casual player will take 4-8 weeks to TR. If you balance the game around the folks that have basically won the game your giving everyone else a momumental task thats just not fun. You want to challenge those players? Add Reaper 11-15. Make it very worth it, but very very difficult.

Quick clarification - in our investigations, the only Epic Strike who was not already at max caster level 20 was Dragon Breath, and therefore it's the only one that has had its MCL adjusted for this preview.

Hi Tonquin, I appreciate your effort and communication throughout this thread! I want to point out to everyone complaining that Dragon Breath not having a MCL while all other epic strikes having one isn't good for game balance, yes I'm aware there are issues with caster dps in general but having one strong strike to account for it isn't the ideal solution. As the level cap increases Dragon Breath when left as is will only become a better and better choice, hurting build diversity.

Although I do worry that epic strikes excluding DB for spells are a bit under tuned, along with this alot dps casters have trouble when it comes to 1v1 dps, especially with the health of some of the newer bosses and mini bosses in the venca xpac. They certainly fall short when it comes to other builds partially in high skulls such as when spell damage is futher nerfed at R7+. Here are some of the ideas I had in mind to help this and ensure epic strikes don't become too weak as the level cap increases on it's way to 40:

Epic Knowledge : +1 caster level and +1 maximum caster level with all spells. Epic strikes get an additional +1 caster level and +1 maximum caster level.

The idea for this is that your epic strikes effectively scale with your character level so they won't be too strong early and not fall off as the levels go up. Another consideration I have is possibly removing the additional spell damage penalty from U59 in R7+, considering we are tuning down and have tuned down spells such as Dragon Breath and some others which may of been part of the reason it was initially added.

My other suggestion is around the EA mantel changes. I was wondering if rather than effecting allies on leave/enter could it instead be a pulsing area AOE effect. My main worry with the current design makes the player to constantly wiggle or tumble around (to keep blocking as a tank) to apply it, I feel like my hand would cramp up from that after awhile.

I often play caster dps myself and certainly have issues with 1v1 damage on a lot of builds, and in high reapers often feel useless in terms of it. So I do want to point out in general some dps caster builds could use some help in terms of increasing their dps. I feel that a lot of the negatives and concerns around Dragon Breath is that many rely on it being strong reasonable damage in higher skulls to account for the issue of general caster dps being low, and is a clutch to account for that more general dps issue.

Kimbere

So you literally removed the Epic MCL levels from all the *Epic* strikes by capping them to max heroic MCLs.

Maybe you should rename them to "Extra Heroic Strikes"? 😁

Danko

Divine Crusader Sunder Evil (4th core) isn’t scaling with melee power, even though the description states it should.

Shadowdancer: While -30% threat reduction is nice, there are some times I still unintentionally grab aggro. It would be awesome if there was an ability in this tree that either removed me entirely from the aggro list or put me on the bottom of the list, like a ninja vanishing into the shadows.

peng

Have the lay on hands enhancements in Unyielding Sentinel been fixed?
Hands of the sentinel (unyielding sentinel t3) grants the lay on hands feat and says it uses higher of cha or con instead of just cha (seems to be working).
It also says that it uses your character level instead of paladin level. Instead of (10 + level) * [higher of cha or con mod], it seems to be just 20 * [higher of cha or con mod] regardless of your level. Tested on a lvl 28 (pure monk human) and 32 (16 warlock/4 fighter pdk). Neither has paladin levels.

Light the dark (t5 sentinel) makes lay on hands an area of effect (working), and says it scales with the highest of 200% melee power or 50% spellpower. It does not scale with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.