Updated DDO Store Preview: Thursday, June 29th

Cordovan

Community Manager
UPDATE: We apologize, but due to a technical issue we have to postpone today's updated Store preview. We will have more information about a future preview soon.

We are in the process of preparing an update to the DDO Store, and we are interested in getting your feedback! Starting on Thursday, June 29th, we intend to update Lamannia to give you an opportunity to try out the new Store and provide us with feedback in this thread. This preview will continue through the day until 6pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, June 29th.

The new Store should be generally familiar to you as it is intended to be mostly similar to the existing Store, with few new features or additions. However, if you encounter any issues or confusion when previewing the Store, please let us know here! Please note that for this preview, both Points purchasing and VIP Subscription management is not available.

The Store is accessed by pressing Control+S when logged into the game.

Browsing the Store

On the left side of the Store you will see a list of Categories where you can browse for things to purchase. There is also a Search bar if you are looking for something specific.
  • Specials: This is where you will find special limited time promotions and other offers that are not part of our typical weekly sales.
  • Sales: This is where you will find all of the items currently offered at a discount in the Store.
  • Featured Items: This is where you will find newly-released items and other things that are being featured, such as Quest Packs/Adventure Packs, Supporter Packs, and more.
Favorites

If you see an item you like and might want to purchase again, you can create your own Favorites list by clicking on the star in the upper right of any item in the Store! You can then access your Favorites through the Star button at the top of the Store page.

Recent Items

Another way to quickly find things you have already purchased is to use the Recent Items button at the top of the Store page. It looks like a clock. Click it see to see the items that you've visited and purchased. You can sort by price or date, and by low to high, high to low, oldest first, or newest first, by clicking the drop-down arrow in the upper right of the page.

← and →

At the very upper left of the Store page you will see arrows to go Back and Forward through your Store session if you wish.

My Account

The My Account section of the DDO Store is where you manage your account in the DDO Store. There are three tabs:
  • General: This is where you can find your points balance, change the Store's font size, and see a list of characters associated with your account. You can also choose to enable or disable the confirmation screen that appears whenever you make a purchase.
  • Subscriptions: This is where you will get information about your VIP Subscription, and where you can change your subscription status.
  • Active Coupons: Some types of coupons can offer you a choice. Applying a coupon to your account, you can visit this tab to see details of that coupon.
Transaction History

You can find your Transaction History through the drop-down options located in the upper left of the DDO Store. If you ever want to check what something cost or how many points you spent on a thing, this is the place! Looking for something specific? You can filter by the Transaction Type by clicking the arrow next to “Transaction Type” to choose the category for a more refined list.

Last edited:

Cordovan

Community Manager
We know that two of the most popular feature improvement requests from the community are not represented in this new Store interface; namely, a cosmetic preview function and the ability to gift purchases. At this time we do not intend to offer gifting through the Store. We have been able to increase the size of Store icons to assist with previewing cosmetics prior to purchase, but a formal preview feature on your avatar is not currently available. We understand you may be disappointed to read this, but we want to be up front and clear that these features will not be debuting with the new Store.

Scrag

We know that two of the most popular feature improvement requests from the community are not represented in this new Store interface; namely, a cosmetic preview function and the ability to gift purchases. At this time we do not intend to offer gifting through the Store. We have been able to increase the size of Store icons to assist with previewing cosmetics prior to purchase, but a formal preview feature on your avatar is not currently available. We understand you may be disappointed to read this, but we want to be up front and clear that these features will not be debuting with the new Store.
Still looking for that cosmetic viewer pane, still looking for cosmetics that dont suck. :)

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
  • Active Coupons: Some types of coupons can offer you a choice. Applying a coupon to your account, you can visit this tab to see details of that coupon.
This has me intrigued. Will this just be the weekly codes and occasional promo codes for content?

Or is it something more? From the way this is worded, it sounds like we can purchase some type of boost for our account that applies for a period of time while a coupon is active?

Putti

I think the most important feature you can bring to the store is a clear indication of whether you already own an item.
If you look at a tome it should say if the character you're currently on already has it. If you've already unlocked a universal enhancement tree or race on the server you're browsing the store on it should say that.
If you already own a quest pack and you introduce a new package deal it should show that you own it (or not show the deal at all). This happens a lot with expansion adventure packs.

ShawnVW

I hope you guys gut the store of outdated junk too! We would be happy to assemble the list if you guys are overworked
I suspect the devs don't respond to critical language. Probably doesn't matter.

I will say that the Weapons and Armor for sale are probably overpriced. I realize that they're probably for emergencies, like when you're in a dungeon and lost your only armor to an ooze. Even so, 350 DDO Points for a +5 Longsword is an awful lot.

kentos9

Just to let you guys know, cosmetic preview feature works right now on live servers, but only on the 32 bit client. It does not work on the 64 bit client.
As it works at least somewhere I hope it should be possible to migrate that functionality over to the 64 bit client at some point.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Can you set an option where we can zoom or increase the font size?

ken-jeong-community.gif

Mary

we need hundreds more ways to dress and customize our characters; not just mounts and pets, I mean outfits, hats, and an expanded cosmetic system similar to lotro's stellar one - it should not be difficult to do - lotro has been lightyears ahead of ddo in this regard for a long time. DDO needs to catch up. I really want to customize my warforged, which is in the Eberron players handbook, to customize the look and make it look like an elf. I know I'm not alone - I would like there to be an update that purely addresses cosmetics and gives us a cosmetic panel similar to Pets and mounts, a cosmetic collection that keeps track of what we have similar to our mounts and pets, fixes outfits that are outdated, re-adds the old cosmetics from the armor appearance kits, and gives us ways to play for, purchase, dye, and trade, cosmetics.

Scrag

we need hundreds more ways to dress and customize our characters; not just mounts and pets, I mean outfits, hats, and an expanded cosmetic system similar to lotro's stellar one - it should not be difficult to do - lotro has been lightyears ahead of ddo in this regard for a long time. DDO needs to catch up. I really want to customize my warforged, which is in the Eberron players handbook, to customize the look and make it look like an elf. I know I'm not alone - I would like there to be an update that purely addresses cosmetics and gives us a cosmetic panel similar to Pets and mounts, a cosmetic collection that keeps track of what we have similar to our mounts and pets, fixes outfits that are outdated, re-adds the old cosmetics from the armor appearance kits, and gives us ways to play for, purchase, dye, and trade, cosmetics.
Making everything gear oriented is horrible.

1. You have to know what all the gear looks like to say hey! i want to glammour that!
2. You have to be able to get/farm/whatever

Otherwise, every elf chick looks like every other elf chick, except skin tone and hair color.

DDO is the dark ages of character appearances. CoH by comparision, an older game, has an astounding ability to handle sliders.

If nothing else, give us sliders for body proportions.

Give us skin dyes like the hair dyes.

At least let us have a broader range of skin tones than what we already have, which is artificially limited to what people think we should look like, not what we want to look like.

Altra

At least those are shown in your character sheet now, under Inherent Feats.
They don't ALL show until I hit 20 (really 22 but I'm doing heroics right now) so I had to make a list. If she's say level 12 and tomes go on sale, I dunno, looking at the character sheet, which she has.

DeathTitan

I remember that in the past in the armor shop of harbor it was possible to preview cosmetic armors.
I don't know why that feature has been removed and we don't have any way to see cosmetics on our toons: sometimes I can see them on the web but that discourages me from buying them if I don't see them on me.