VIP - Q1 2024

FixBows

The bottom line is that the Gold Roll incentive was deleivered exactly as promised, period. Iv'e been a VIP now for 18 plus years and will continue to be. We each own our own decisions and opinions.
Not 100% accurate. The whole reason the gold rolls were given were as a response to SSG acknowledging that VIP was not where is needed to be. The 1 year temp gold rolls were sold to us a bridge to a VIP rework... that never happened until now (at some point), years later. Not exactly 'as promised' in my book.

Fizban

Not 100% accurate. The whole reason the gold rolls were given were as a response to SSG acknowledging that VIP was not where is needed to be. The 1 year temp gold rolls were sold to us a bridge to a VIP rework... that never happened until now (at some point), years later. Not exactly 'as promised' in my book.
You can have a vision of reality anyway you want. However, you can't have your own facts and the fact is that SSG marketed the Gold Rolls for a 12-month period with a definant end date. Those are just the facts, period.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
You can have a vision of reality anyway you want. However, you can't have your own facts and the fact is that SSG marketed the Gold Rolls for a 12-month period with a definant end date. Those are just the facts, period.
Not exactly—the daily gold roll was announced in the producers letter, so about 10 months.

It’s funny how they can be to the letter to end the perk for VIPs, but take an extra sixteen months to get some value added to the VIP program. That kinda makes you feel valued, right?

They should have let the gold rolls continue until the real VIP program updates rolled out. That is what caused people (myself included) to be unhappy.

Aaumini

Obviously VIP benefits should cater to all of the spectrum of players. From the ones logging in a few hours every month and the ones playing hours daily.

Personally, I would like every month of VIP subscription to lower the TR timer (all kinds) by one hour.

Do that and you’ll have my subscription.

If not then at least include complete reincarnation timers in the bag of many things.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
[] That said, the version of the updated VIP program seen a year ago is different from what we are working on now. The timing of the updated VIP program is soon; we're working through testing at the moment and when we have more information to share we will. It is not likely to fall within the formal first quarter, but shortly afterward.
Maybe should've giving it another quarter or 2. Nothing for LONG STANDING VIP? Very disappointing. 'specially for Year of the Dragon. Supposed to be BOLD.

I've been a VIP since 2010 when I started playing the game. It really has nothing to do with how long you've been VIP, and honestly at this point it is starting to be less about "perceived value" and more about accountability (at least how I see it). Yes, the value of VIP has gone down continuously over the last few years, and you would think that ... given the literal meaning of the acronym "VIP" ... SSG would do things to a) make VIP appealing and b) have actual value over being a F2P/Premium account other than silly things like being able to unlock elite/reaper difficulty automatically. I say it is starting to be more about accountability at this point because update after update, producer letter after producer letter, this message comes out straight from SSG saying "we want to do more for VIPs" or "plan to give more value to VIPs" etc. and then literally nothing happens. Its just delays followed by excuses and no real benefit to VIPs.
Yeah, tastes like a **** sandwich.

Well, they've only had since 2021, but I'm sure if we wait a few more years, the bugs will get fixed...
:ROFLMAO: Appently, LoTRO is where it's at.

Giving away cosmetics or other specific items is like buying someone a store gift card as a Bday or whatever present. What if you don't like the store you got the gift card to? I would prefer a generic gift card that I can use anywhere. If the concern is having VIP only cosmetics, then maybe sell them in a VIP only section of the DDO Store at an appropriate cost. Give me 1500 pts instead of 500 and I am happier than having 500 pts and some cosmetics I will never use and take up my bank space.

The real VIP perks should be in game perks. My suggestion was to look at other games that offer daily VIP rewards per month. They start small and usually end pretty nice for completing a full month. For example, a wartime ship simulation game I play has a day of premium as reward for reaching the top monthly goal and a random shot at premium items offered each week of completion...like a gold roll only way better items.

The current thinking by SSG is way behind the times for a free to play game with a premium option. And now YEARS behind schedule.
Here's a REAL 10+ VIP bene: Cosmetic Storage! SSG should know how long we've been VIP........... I mean, they changed forums to track posts better........

I'd rather them revamp VIP than release the BS I saw about 75% returning ammo. YMMV.
Feh! Where were you on tumble, again?

Geezer

The trouble is that everyone has their own "wants" for VIP upgrades. For Instance, I really dont give a hoot about anything cosmetic, BUT many people love them. More storage would be great for me. as would either starting at level 4 after reincarnation. Boosting VIP xp boost from 10% to 20% would also be great. However, if all someone does is stay at cap with maxxed out toons, they could care less about xp bonus or starting at level 4. Then theres the issue about how would their revenue be affected by anything they give us??. Something that wouldnt cost them anything would be the ability to access the bank and tr cache from anywhere. Kind of a QOL thing. My guess is that any new VIP perks wont amount to much.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
If you're VIP for ..maybe even 2 years, you have many Cosmetics from 'sub-par' rolls. ;)

mikarddo

Cosmetics should never be tied to VIP.

Cosmetics and anything related to it should be used as rewards on the HCL or sold directly in the store. That way those that are interest can go it / pay for it without any connection to VIP.

Forcing cosmetic lovers to be VIP would be a clear mistake.

DDO Gaming

The trouble is that everyone has their own "wants" for VIP upgrades.
Agreed, having seen the chained benefits I would have liked some of the favor-benefits eg portable hole, unlocked artificier, additonal cannith crafting blah blah, free character bank space...or even a permanent extra character slot per server. Recall SSG want gamers subscribing for 12 months and any of those would be more enticing to me than a free mount