VIP - Q1 2024

mikarddo

The promised update to the VIP programme has been atleast a year coming, if not more.

As per the table below SSG has committed to delivering this in Q1 2024 - so that means we are to get it within the next 18 days.
They bloody well not disappoint VIPs (again) by running from that promise after dragging their feet for so long!

So, SSG Devs - dont think Q1 2024 means september 2026 - Q1 2024 means now!
Not just some fluffy outline but an actually implemented VIP improvement in effect.

Also, please dont disappoint us. Keep the cosmetics, mounts, pets and other fluff for events, HCL or direct sales in the store - but add something real to VIP. The most obvious would be "VIP can start at level 4 after a TR" and "VIP can swap enhancements in trees of all kinds for no cost".

4SiZtSH.png

The Narc

Yep agreed, being VIP since the goodblade quests i am expecting to see something fabulous, although i would accept something for cosmetics.

I bet if they made a cosmetic closet only available to VIP’s you would see a lot of subs stay active and many more subs become activated.

@Aelowny would probably agree

Eme

i was sure i read or heard on one of the interviews somewhere it was going to be officialy announced with the start of all this dragon year event stuff, which has started already. I'm probably remembering wrong, but that has been in the back of my mind for ages, as I'm one of those players that may sub if it was worthwhile to me as a vet who already has access to all quests and no interest in fluff-stuff.

4hippie2ballz0

well, it is like all the "monthly" perks for the dragon event happening on the last reset of the month. not great to call it a month of this or that if it is really a week or just flat out going on in the next month

Siegfrid

"VIP can start at level 4 after a TR" and "VIP can swap enhancements in trees of all kinds for no cost".
IF I want a VIP upgrade, i m quite dubious on the upgrade *you* want...
Swapping Enhancement in tree cost plat , i have a few millions plat to spare and its worthless...As for Tr at lvl 4 its also worthless can get to 3 easilly with the xp gems from the random rolls...and getting to lvl 4 is sooooo easy anyway and quests are also very fast that does not have much value for me.
I would rather get a vip loot boost for named items, skip the farming of token/seeds for reincarnation, get free use of sentient tools / dino bone pick get a free wish for inheritance / months, raid bypass....

canicus

I think SSG has 2 major challenges here (I'm not saying these are the only 2) The first is there is no way to please everyone because we all value things differently. I imagine there are at least a few players who would love VIP to focus on cosmetics, and that is a pretty low priority for me. I don't see a universe where they announce their plans to universal praise. There will be people who are genuinely disappointed, it won't only be trolls complaining.

The second is coming up with a program that provides value, and doesn't feel "pay to win" I am not trying to start an argument about whether DDO is already PTW. I am saying that if the VIP program is too aggressive in the rewards, the accusation that the game is unplayable by non-subscribers could become a problem.

I believe on some level these 2 factors are in conflict. The more the rewards have concrete inarguable value for everyone, the more likely they will be seen as the new minimum for playing the game.

I will remain VIP regardless, so I am interested to see what happens. Even so, I want this to provide real value for people because I want the game to thrive.

mikarddo

IF I want a VIP upgrade, i m quite dubious on the upgrade *you* want...
Swapping Enhancement in tree cost plat , i have a few millions plat to spare and its worthless...As for Tr at lvl 4 its also worthless can get to 3 easilly with the xp gems from the random rolls...and getting to lvl 4 is sooooo easy anyway and quests are also very fast that does not have much value for me.
I would rather get a vip loot boost for named items, skip the farming of token/seeds for reincarnation, get free use of sentient tools / dino bone pick get a free wish for inheritance / months, raid bypass....

That is certainly a fair viewpoint.

Obviously the "start at level 4" matters little if you only do 1 TR every month but much more if you do several so the xp from gold rolls do not cover it. The reason I like it is that I really hate playing levels 1-3, and that I sometimes do several TRs pretty fast.

As for the plat. I like to swap around and would do so several times each week based on raids vs quests etc if it was free. I havent hit plat cap in years because I blow my plat on resets (and none on reaper wings). I have a couple of mill plat on each of my most played characters but 2 mill plat is used pretty fast if you swap things often and the price goes up.

Tokens/seeds on the other hand I never seem to run out of so those would offer very little to me, but I can see why they might to others. Sentient tools, jewellers kits and dino bone picks would certainly be great - but I dont see that happening as I think that would cut too deep into what people used DDO points on. Wish I certainly dont see happening as they want to keep that rare and its ddo points value is high, and raid bypasses would matter very little to me as I dont want to chain run the same raid anyway, I find that boring.

So, the value of such things is certainly very much in the eyes of the beholder, I very readily admit that. Obviously that does make it hard to please everyone (or even someone).

Toede

Whatever it is, it needs to be valuable enough to entice non-subscribers to sub without chasing off those that refuse to do so. What can you offer someone like me who has purchased all your content and doesn't give two hoots about xp/speed boosts or being able to open up on elite right away? Show me the value, and I'll consider a subscription. The current VIP is not attractive at all.

The Narc

Just give a cosmetic closet and it is only active and usable as vip, can not be bought otherwise, so folks cant sub then unsub to get it. Only usable when subbed, this has no game advantage over other ftp players, just space for cosmetics.

woq

1) Any VIP char counts as having +1 heart of wood for any iconic race would be hot. That class lock system of iconics is unfortunate in the first place, if it's to stay at least let VIPs circumvent it - they're paying customers and that's a nice carrot for both new and old players alike if they ever consider playing iconic races. Having the option to just pick an iconic and play a build you actually want to without considering if you wanna pay this time for a life you're not sure you'll enjoy...
2) Cosmetic wardrobe that is active only when your vip is running
3) Grab-A-Buddy teleport ability (not item) that lets you bring a friend to you in any non-combat zone. Essentially summon party member spell

all 3 have some things in common: they do not increase player power, they're only active when VIP is active and they're all very convenient

mikarddo

Just give a cosmetic closet and it is only active and usable as vip, can not be bought otherwise, so folks cant sub then unsub to get it. Only usable when subbed, this has no game advantage over other ftp players, just space for cosmetics.

I throw out most if not all cosmetics. I would consider such a reward very inappropriate for VIP. Sell that for a good price in the store on a case by case basis for that do care.

mikarddo

1) Any VIP char counts as having +1 heart of wood for any iconic race would be hot. That class lock system of iconics is unfortunate in the first place, if it's to stay at least let VIPs circumvent it - they're paying customers and that's a nice carrot for both new and old players alike if they ever consider playing iconic races. Having the option to just pick an iconic and play a build you actually want to without considering if you wanna pay this time for a life you're not sure you'll enjoy...
2) Cosmetic wardrobe that is active only when your vip is running
3) Grab-A-Buddy teleport ability (not item) that lets you bring a friend to you in any non-combat zone. Essentially summon party member spell

all 3 have some things in common: they do not increase player power, they're only active when VIP is active and they're all very convenient

Your #1 would be great. That alone would make me very happy even if nothing else was added to VIP.

Your #2 I do not see as been appropriate to VIP at all, sell cosmetics and anything to do with those directly in the store, or use them as options in events.

Your #3 - I suppose. I dont see that as high value though as it would just mean others would stop running at all and expect me to summon them.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
That one would be so awesome.

Never gonna happen, but I'd love it.

woq

Yeah, I can see where you're coming for as it would be annoying if the cosmetic wardrobe thingie was limited to VIP only, no store for such a key feature for those cosmetically inclined would ruffle feathers. But If such a feature were to exist, I'd definitely want it to be VIP unlockable, no matter how much it cost to get otherwise.

I think the summon feature could be big for people who gotta take bathroom breaks more often or whatever, to have a primed summon ready when they get back could be quite nice, or for new players running all the way across the world... I guess non-combat would be too limiting, instead summoning to quest entrance even through slayer areas would be more like it. Or late joiners for stuff like Sands of Menechtarun quests which are a loooooooong walk away; being able to latejoin a VIPs party and be summoned to entrance, hell yeah i'll pay for that. Not once or twice I've waited 5min for someone to find their way.

I acknowledge some people would try to run less to make use of it, but there's a simple solution to that: stop summoning those who decide to be donkeys too often.