VIP - Q1 2024

PersonMan

From my understanding, the "taking away" aspect of the Daily Gold Rolls is that those rolls were meant to be a placeholder while they were getting the actual improvements in place. The rolls went away as scheduled and nothing took their place.

Fizban

This is funny. Pick and choose what they state? They state they knew VIP was not where it should be YEARS ago. Not weeks, not moths. YEARS. So, saying that SSG told us it was only temporary is only a very small part of the big picture.
This is funny. Ignore the Gold Roll incentive they rolled out.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Gold roll was great. It stopped a bit after they said it would, IIRC. That seems fine. But there was still no update on new VIP stuff for what, a year or more after that? That seems less fine.

So now it's not happening on schedule, yet again. And we have no real clue what it'll actually be.

I won't be holding my breath. But I will keep calling SSG out on it.

Even if it isn't Very Important.

Fizban

Gold roll was great. It stopped a bit after they said it would, IIRC. That seems fine. But there was still no update on new VIP stuff for what, a year or more after that? That seems less fine.

So now it's not happening on schedule, yet again. And we have no real clue what it'll actually be.

I won't be holding my breath. But I will keep calling SSG out on it.

Even if it isn't Very Important.
Nice, I agree and love the Gold Rolls. It is OK to acknowledge the roll out timeline that was clearly annouced by SSG and still want VIP beneits overall to be reviewed and possibly updated.

DDO Gaming

I was going to VIP but I'm concerned: have goldrolls been eliminated? and if so...has the new VIP system been rolled out yet? We're on the verge of hitting Q2 so...

Should I wait a while?

Fangfa2

I was going to VIP but I'm concerned: have goldrolls been eliminated? and if so...has the new VIP system been rolled out yet? We're on the verge of hitting Q2 so...

Should I wait a while?
Gold rolls are still a thing, just 1/week, not 1/day (it was 1/day for some events and will be 27.03-24.04). As for new VIP, we only know it won't be Q12024.
IMO - If you hesitate, just get VIP for month to get daily gold rolls

songswrath

things that can be done to
1 discount on chest rerolls
2 10-20% discount on all store goods idk why this is not a thing it is in every other game with a vip
3 loot boost like what's going on right now
4 reset trees for free
5 cosmetics some thing cool like the ribbon shows your support for game and have it lvls like mth by a mount only vips get just like the white cat we got. mth one type 3 mth plan and yearly plan
6 the vip daily gold this was great and made ppl log in every day if they was playing or not. (note this makes game look more active than is a good thing for share holders :p just saying ) and this crap about lost of money lol let me tell you something ppl that will spend will spend no matter what cheap'o will not spend a dime no matter what. you not losing a thing if anything you are making more by base being more active

nothing that gives a edge in game like more points to use in trees or extra exp points a mthly loot box be cool tho

DDO Gaming

Gold rolls are still a thing, just 1/week, not 1/day (it was 1/day for some events and will be 27.03-24.04). As for new VIP, we only know it won't be Q12024.
IMO - If you hesitate, just get VIP for month to get daily gold rolls
I think I'll wait for the new VIP system. gold rolls are nice but...yeah I'll wait :)(y)

seph1roth5

things that can be done to
1 discount on chest rerolls
2 10-20% discount on all store goods idk why this is not a thing it is in every other game with a vip
3 loot boost like what's going on right now
4 reset trees for free
5 cosmetics some thing cool like the ribbon shows your support for game and have it lvls like mth by a mount only vips get just like the white cat we got. mth one type 3 mth plan and yearly plan
6 the vip daily gold this was great and made ppl log in every day if they was playing or not. (note this makes game look more active than is a good thing for share holders :p just saying ) and this crap about lost of money lol let me tell you something ppl that will spend will spend no matter what cheap'o will not spend a dime no matter what. you not losing a thing if anything you are making more by base being more active

nothing that gives a edge in game like more points to use in trees or extra exp points a mthly loot box be cool tho

I gathered a giant list of various peoples' suggestions for VIP in a thread in my sig. I was hoping that devs would take 1 or 2 of those and run with it, but fast losing hope. From what they've said recently it sounds like they're probably going to still do a 12-step/month plan that's going to be a disaster.

FixBows

This is funny. Ignore the Gold Roll incentive they rolled out.
Not ignoring it all. The opposite of that. They acknowledged VIP was not where it needed to be. They gave VIPs temporary gold rolls to placate the masses and hold onto VIPs for a year as they scrambled to come up with something for VIPs. Then.... nothing. Nothing for years. Here we are now with more hopes and promises. Maybe they will eventually do something. Not holding my breath and no longer VIP.

Fizban

Not ignoring it all. The opposite of that. They acknowledged VIP was not where it needed to be. They gave VIPs temporary gold rolls to placate the masses and hold onto VIPs for a year as they scrambled to come up with something for VIPs. Then.... nothing. Nothing for years. Here we are now with more hopes and promises. Maybe they will eventually do something. Not holding my breath and no longer VIP.
The bottom line is that the Gold Roll incentive was deleivered exactly as promised, period. Iv'e been a VIP now for 18 plus years and will continue to be. We each own our own decisions and opinions.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
The bottom line is many players feel deceived by the constant promises of VIP being made worthwhile, and have cancelled VIP.

You can “well technically” all day long, but that doesn’t change people’s perception.

seph1roth5

I still wish they'd show some numbers on how gold rolls were "fiscally irresponsible." Because my 3 friends and I were VIP and did tons and tons of gold rolls that year, and literally got NOTHING that we would've spent $$ or pts otherwise.

XP/slayer pots went to my alt that levels at his own speed (rarely with a pot). Got a few 6-7-8 tomes that do nothing, because the chars I play all have +8 supremes. I guess it might've given me 20-30 slayer pots for my main, over a year.

I wonder if they saw that store sales were lower the year of gold rolls compared to the year before, and assumed that was the reason. And not bothered to see if there was any other reason people would've bought less, like they played less because of nerfs.

Dom

I still wish they'd show some numbers on how gold rolls were "fiscally irresponsible." Because my 3 friends and I were VIP and did tons and tons of gold rolls that year, and literally got NOTHING that we would've spent $$ or pts otherwise.

XP/slayer pots went to my alt that levels at his own speed (rarely with a pot). Got a few 6-7-8 tomes that do nothing, because the chars I play all have +8 supremes. I guess it might've given me 20-30 slayer pots for my main, over a year.

I wonder if they saw that store sales were lower the year of gold rolls compared to the year before, and assumed that was the reason. And not bothered to see if there was any other reason people would've bought less, like they played less because of nerfs.
They won't show the numbers because they know that what they're saying is incorrect. If it were that "fiscally irresponsible", then they would not have brought it back two different times after saying that it was too costly for them.

Lazuli

I keep saying that it wasn't the gold rolls that stopped sales, neither I nor my guildies got much out of it.

But the duplication exploit that they left unfixed for a year? I already believe it had to hurt sales. I don't know how they could leave it so long without fixing it. It was outrageous.

Jasparius

I keep saying that it wasn't the gold rolls that stopped sales, neither I nor my guildies got much out of it.

But the duplication exploit that they left unfixed for a year? I already believe it had to hurt sales. I don't know how they could leave it so long without fixing it. It was outrageous.

And refused to penalise as well. Most likely because they saw how many people were doing it, how many of them were VIP, and how much those people were paying for things outside of their VIP.

But ultimately you had people with 2,000 hours of 50% XP pots no longer buying pots during the sales. And not bothering with Otto's boxes either, because always having 50% XP boosts for free is better than paying for boxes even when they are heavily discounted.

Q1 come and gone, and... silence on the VIP rework.

It really does seem that SSG want everyone to cancel. What other reason could there be for flat out lying to us for over a year.

Lazuli

Some of it comes down to word choice, but "scrapped entirely" is not the correct phrase to use for our decision to take a fresh look at the work in progress list that was previewed about a year ago. That said, the version of the updated VIP program seen a year ago is different from what we are working on now. The timing of the updated VIP program is soon; we're working through testing at the moment and when we have more information to share we will. It is not likely to fall within the formal first quarter, but shortly afterward.
Cordovan said this a month ago.

Of course, the word and the fact are different things. We will see.