Warlock for past lives

DeathTitan

ok I will do that too.
but a test done at level 20 should tell if it's affected by spell power.
I wonder if it's affected by critical chance (kinetic lore).

duXyejO.png

Reactions: DBZ

Fisto Mk I

I highly suggest use 5pc Abishai set for lvls 5-20 and 3pc Epic Abishai set for 20-30. New shines added to Chrono make set very appealing now.

- Weapon ml 20: epic staff of inner sight with intelligence +9, wisdom +9, charisma +9, spell focus mastery +3, true seeing, potency +73, insightful potency +36, the epic desert's biting sands set (purple augment slot: sapphire of defense +24) (colorless slot: diamond of exceptional charisma +1)

If you really wanna waste off-hand slot to 2H weapon, Epic Staff of Arcane Power seems better, no?

If not - you must save off-hand slot for Epic Immaculate Globe or Dethek Runestone for Permanent Efficacy +20 Alchemical bonus and use Epic Green Blade for set bonus.

Also +5 filigree slot to ML20 weapon cost only 20k sXp... ;)

DeathTitan

I highly suggest use 5pc Abishai set for lvls 5-20 and 3pc Epic Abishai set for 20-30. New shines added to Chrono make set very appealing now.

If you really wanna waste off-hand slot to 2H weapon, Epic Staff of Arcane Power seems better, no?

If not - you must save off-hand slot for Epic Immaculate Globe or Dethek Runestone for Permanent Efficacy +20 Alchemical bonus and use Epic Green Blade for set bonus.

Also +5 filigree slot to ML20 weapon cost only 20k sXp... ;)
when you write that epic staff of arcane power is better, you should write why it's better.

also epic might of the abishai set doesn't add any spell power.

the "wasted" 2h staff gives +25 universal spell power thanks to the draconic and primal avatar abilities, and I get +25 alchemical bonus to universal spellpower from potion of spellpower got with commendations that last 10 minutes each (I should have 20,000 commendations rotting in my bank and I collect more and more over time).

I don't know what you mean with the +5 filigree thing, but I have a 10 filigree slot quarterstaff.

I'm trying to maximize spell power with this build, while all your suggestion lower my spell power.

Fisto Mk I

when you write that epic staff of arcane power is better, you should write why it's better.
Same spell focus mastery +3, Arcane Augmentation, spellpoints and 4 efficient metamagic. Warlocks usual don't have as many bluebar as other casters, all what save it i consider as good.

also epic might of the abishai set doesn't add any spell power.

Right, but it add +2 profane to all stat, almost unique at ML20, and +2 profane Spell Focus Mastery too, net gain +3DC. Epic Belt of the White Abishai provide +4 Ins Cha, Epic Ring of the Red Abishai provide bonuses to Fire SP and +4 Evocation DC.

the "wasted" 2h staff gives +25 universal spell power thanks to the draconic and primal avatar abilities, and I get +25 alchemical bonus to universal spellpower from potion of spellpower got with commendations that last 10 minutes each (I should have 20,000 commendations rotting in my bank and I collect more and more over time).
Permanent Efficacy stacked with Commendation potion because different bonus type. Therefore, with Epic Immaculate Orb you trade 5 SP for 30 to all Elemental resist, +6 Spell penetration and +6 to all save (+6 more when blocked), and with Dethek Runestone you net gain +14 USP because old implement bonus, +71 INS Devotion and Runic Revitalization. Seems pure win for me. ;)
I don't know what you mean with the +5 filigree thing, but I have a 10 filigree slot quarterstaff.
I mean 5 filigree for ML20 weapon, exactly as say before. If you have 10 for ML20 weapon - good for you, i currently have such only for endgame stuff (but really i wanna +10 filigree ML20 stuff for my wizzy too). 8)

DeathTitan

Same spell focus mastery +3, Arcane Augmentation, spellpoints and 4 efficient metamagic. Warlocks usual don't have as many bluebar as other casters, all what save it i consider as good.

Right, but it add +2 profane to all stat, almost unique at ML20, and +2 profane Spell Focus Mastery too, net gain +3DC. Epic Belt of the White Abishai provide +4 Ins Cha, Epic Ring of the Red Abishai provide bonuses to Fire SP and +4 Evocation DC.

Permanent Efficacy stacked with Commendation potion because different bonus type. Therefore, with Epic Immaculate Orb you trade 5 SP for 30 to all Elemental resist, +6 Spell penetration and +6 to all save (+6 more when blocked), and with Dethek Runestone you net gain +14 USP because old implement bonus, +71 INS Devotion and Runic Revitalization. Seems pure win for me. ;)

I mean 5 filigree for ML20 weapon, exactly as say before. If you have 10 for ML20 weapon - good for you, i currently have such only for endgame stuff (but really i wanna +10 filigree ML20 stuff for my wizzy too). 8)
on those items I read "alchemical bonus to spell power", the same alchemical spell power type of potions, and as I already said before, I get +25 spell power from epic destiny abilities from equipping a quarterstaff, so your suggestion is not adding any spell power.

And again, I'm focusing on spell power and during epic leveling mobs at r1 difficulty have low saves.

If I equip your suggested 5 pieces of abishai set I would lose tons of spell power and gain little useful points of dc:
but... did you read carefully my equipment before suggesting the abishai set? do you see how many sets I put in the equipment that are a lot better for dps then the abishai set?
1) esoteric initiate set occupy bracers slot and gives artifact bonus to spell power and DC;
2) sunken slippers give quality potency;
3) gloves give impulse, insightful impulse and spell lore at level 20, and at level 24 they get an upgrade;
4) epic cloak of flames that is better than epic ring of the abishai (and I have reaper spell power rings anyway);
5) the helm gives epic elder’s knowledge set;
6) +6 spellcraft from greensteel necklace (+6 intelligence skills)

Also when I play warlock, I never have spell point issues; arcane augmentation is useless for this build; efficient metamagic is useless for this build because it uses only SLAs that do not increase the spell point cost with metamatic.

Last edited:

Fisto Mk I

Are you in a bad mood today, friend? 8)

on those items I read "alchemical bonus to spell power", the same alchemical spell power type of potions, and as I already said before, I get +25 spell power from epic destiny abilities from equipping a quarterstaff, so your suggestion is not adding any spell power.

When i say it different type and fully stack, it mean i check it before say. You just not enough attentive: yea, both is Alchemical, but Efficacy - Alchemical Potency, and Commendation pots - Alchemical USP. Don't need to theorycrafting, just listen to whom knowing it from testing. ;)

I would continue with the list but today I would like to play DDO instead of responding all day to someone who doesn't understand that his suggestions are not increasing spell power and that eldritch blast would be useless if spell power is not extremized.

Suggestion about Dethek Runestone really increasing your spellpower by +14 USP. But if you're too stubborn today to admit it... ok, no question, this is your business.

When I post DC focused builds there are people telling me to sacrifice DC in favor of DPS; now there is you who tells me to sacrifice DPS in favor of DC at level 20... really? who the hell cares about DC at level 20? (and rarely mobs fail anyway with this build during the leveling process).

Pal... at lvl20 and DC, and DPS from -5USP almost even irrelevant when run r1. Who hell care about loss DPS from loss 5SP?! How many this 5SP mean for your summary SP and DPS at this lvl? 0.1%? 0.01%? And if mob roll save - you lose 50% DPS, right? :)

epic cloak of flames that is better than epic ring of the abishai (and I have reaper spell power rings anyway)
Hmm... it's different slots and different bonuses to spellpower: Cloak provide Equipment, Ring - Insight and Quality. And... you say you post this build because friend asked for it... Friend have reaper rings too? ;)

Friend, we have a similar opinion on many things in the game and usually approve of each other's posts... there is no need for aggression, these are just advice, neither you, no one else needs to fulfill them.

And... My mistake about epic staff is understandable and forgivable, I just looked at the hero staff and did not take into account the change in the conditions necessary for use... how to explain your bad mood - I don't know... but it will pass... 8)

DeathTitan

Are you in a bad mood today, friend? 8)

When i say it different type and fully stack, it mean i check it before say. You just not enough attentive: yea, both is Alchemical, but Efficacy - Alchemical Potency, and Commendation pots - Alchemical USP. Don't need to theorycrafting, just listen to whom knowing it from testing. ;)

Suggestion about Dethek Runestone really increasing your spellpower by +14 USP. But if you're too stubborn today to admit it... ok, no question, this is your business.

Pal... at lvl20 and DC, and DPS from -5USP almost even irrelevant when run r1. Who hell care about loss DPS from loss 5SP?! How many this 5SP mean for your summary SP and DPS at this lvl? 0.1%? 0.01%? And if mob roll save - you lose 50% DPS, right? :)

Hmm... it's different slots and different bonuses to spellpower: Cloak provide Equipment, Ring - Insight and Quality. And... you say you post this build because friend asked for it... Friend have reaper rings too? ;)

Friend, we have a similar opinion on many things in the game and usually approve of each other's posts... there is no need for aggression, these are just advice, neither you, no one else needs to fulfill them.

And... My mistake about epic staff is understandable and forgivable, I just looked at the hero staff and did not take into account the change in the conditions necessary for use... how to explain your bad mood - I don't know... but it will pass... 8)
I still don't see how your suggestions would improve this build.

Conduit: Double the implement bonus of quarterstaves you wield (it's +20 spell power)

Seeking Balance: If you’re using a quarterstaff gain +1 Damage and +5 Universal Spell Power.

You said that "Dethek Runestone really increasing your spellpower by +14 USP" and I believe you, but 14 is inferior to 25, I don't know how to explain that; Also that shield would probably cripple my dodge.

Epic Ring of the Red Abishai would give
55 - 36 = 19 more insightful combustion
27 - 15 = 12 more quality combustion

but I would lose the +11 stacking universal spellpower on chillring: I prefer this universal spellpower over the additional fire spellpower of the abishai ring (I use positive, acid, poison, fire, force, and the various effects of colors of the queen epic past life).

I used 75 reaper shards to upgrade a ML 1 ring with mythic +3 to include +10 reaper bonus to universal spell power.

You say to use 5 pieces of abishai set but you didn't say which items I have to remove from my build and you are not considering what I lose by removing those 5 items: I mentioned the cloak because it's probably one of the 5 items you want to remove.

I do not agree with you that small bonus to spell power do not make the difference: for me it often means the difference between using 2 eldritch blasts instead of 3 eldritch blasts to kill mobs.
If you do not agree with me, I will not change my mind, this is about the 3rd time I try to explain the same things, it's pointless to repeat the things that we already said in the previous posts.

Fisto Mk I

Well, english not native for me, possible we have translation problem. I will try to be more understandable.

I still don't see how your suggestions would improve this build.
Conduit: Double the implement bonus of quarterstaves you wield (it's +20 spell power)
Seeking Balance: If you’re using a quarterstaff gain +1 Damage and +5 Universal Spell Power.
You said that "Dethek Runestone really increasing your spellpower by +14 USP" and I believe you, but 14 is inferior to 25, I don't know how to explain that; Also that shield would probably cripple my dodge.

It's simple:
Your current staff provide +20 Implement +20 Conduit +5 Seeking balance = 45 SP, correct?
Dethek Runestone: +39 Implement (+45 with Arborea from previous TR) +20 Permanent Efficacy (full stacking with Comm potion) = 59 (65) SP.

59 (65) > 45, +14 (+20) SP net gain.
It's large shield, so possible you correct and it can have effect to your dodge, cannot say without testing.

Epic Ring of the Red Abishai would give
55 - 36 = 19 more insightful combustion
27 - 15 = 12 more quality combustion

but I would lose the +11 stacking universal spellpower on chillring: I prefer this universal spellpower over the additional fire spellpower of the abishai ring (I use positive, acid, poison, fire, force, and the various effects of colors of the queen epic past life).
If you heavy used so diverse SP, it may be more valuable for you personally, and it's valid and respected opinion. But you post your build on forum, for other players, so i just give more option. For others, if not for you. 8)
I do not agree with you that small bonus to spell power do not make the difference: for me it often means the difference between using 2 eldritch blasts instead of 3 eldritch blasts to kill mobs.
Well, agree to disagree (and it's normal). If mob save and evade - you waste blast anyway.

Your argument is well understood to me, since the time of EVE Online I know that real damage should be considered not by formal DPS numbers, but by the number of shots to destroy the enemy.

But tell me, do you honestly think that these 5SP will lead to the difference you declare? It seems to me doubtful, highly. How many SP you have at lvl?
Of course, you play as you are used to, but I give your readers the opportunity to evaluate and try other options, it's all. Opportunity - not obligation! ;)

If you do not agree with me, I will not change my mind, this is about the 3rd time I try to explain the same things, it's pointless to repeat the things that we already said in the previous posts.
I'm not suggesting options to change personally your mind, although I'm far from considering your opinion the ultimate truth. I offer options for your readers and other players. In the end, you did not publish this thread for yourself, because it would be meaningless, but for other players.

Am I expounding? 8)

DeathTitan

Well, english not native for me, possible we have translation problem. I will try to be more understandable.

It's simple:
Your current staff provide +20 Implement +20 Conduit +5 Seeking balance = 45 SP, correct?
Dethek Runestone: +39 Implement (+45 with Arborea from previous TR) +20 Permanent Efficacy (full stacking with Comm potion) = 59 (65) SP.

59 (65) > 45, +14 (+20) SP net gain.
It's large shield, so possible you correct and it can have effect to your dodge, cannot say without testing.

If you heavy used so diverse SP, it may be more valuable for you personally, and it's valid and respected opinion. But you post your build on forum, for other players, so i just give more option. For others, if not for you. 8)

Well, agree to disagree (and it's normal). If mob save and evade - you waste blast anyway.

Your argument is well understood to me, since the time of EVE Online I know that real damage should be considered not by formal DPS numbers, but by the number of shots to destroy the enemy.

But tell me, do you honestly think that these 5SP will lead to the difference you declare? It seems to me doubtful, highly. How many SP you have at lvl?
Of course, you play as you are used to, but I give your readers the opportunity to evaluate and try other options, it's all. Opportunity - not obligation! ;)

I'm not suggesting options to change personally your mind, although I'm far from considering your opinion the ultimate truth. I offer options for your readers and other players. In the end, you did not publish this thread for yourself, because it would be meaningless, but for other players.

Am I expounding? 8)
Your english is fine.

Dethek Runestone is a level 26 item, you can't compare it with a level 20 weapon and I can't go empty handed from level 20 to level 25 in the meantime.

I just read the wiki about large shield effect on dodge and it should not have any negative effect (only tower shields have that issue).

Developers fixed the Scion of Arborea trick from previous reincarnations (I tested it with a level 2 weapon a couple of days ago and my friends confirmed it).

Mobs can't evade Acolite of the skin eldritch blasts because they have a fortitude save, and mobs save rarely anyway during leveling.

I'm not promoting the "ultimate truth" but if you propose me weaker versions of my current equipment then I feel in the right of objecting.

I propose the epic staff of inner sight because it has generic potency +73, intelligence +9, wisdom +9, charisma +9, spell focus mastery +3, insightful potency better than my sunken slippers boots, it's bound to account so you can reuse it to get past lives on your other toons.

I'm proposing a caster equipment that I use for all caster classes, it's more or less generic.

If you don't like my equipment then do your own forum thread and suggest your level 1-29 equipment, but please now I'm pretty tired of discussing about it with you (you didn't say anything about the best 10 dps filigrees... that area could probably use an improvement).

DeathTitan

changed the epic destinies screenshot with the last update changes.

Get as soon as possible cocoon, the abilities that give bonus spell power when equipping a staff and draconic mantle.

At level 23 upgrade the draconic mantle and shard storm.

Spare points in the fatesinger tree for a good amount of spell power, illusion DC and +1 to all attributes.

Fisto Mk I

Developers fixed the Scion of Arborea trick from previous reincarnations (I tested it with a level 2 weapon a couple of days ago and my friends confirmed it).
I checked my previously arbored stuff 5 min ago and it's still work as before, in inventory or equipped by non-arbored toon. You mean no new arbored item can be created with TR or your old arbored items lose buff?

DeathTitan

I checked my previously arbored stuff 5 min ago and it's still work as before, in inventory or equipped by non-arbored toon. You mean no new arbored item can be created with TR or your old arbored items lose buff?
New arbored items can't be created with TR: I tested that.

I don't know old arbored items.

Would this work for Iconics while getting non-Warlock pastlifes too? If so, how would you split the levels?

Are you doing Acolyte of the Skin or regular warlock?

And which pact would you recommend?