Warlock for past lives

DeathTitan

Would this work for Iconics while getting non-Warlock pastlifes too? If so, how would you split the levels?

Are you doing Acolyte of the Skin or regular warlock?

And which pact would you recommend?
Acolyte of the Skin because you can increase your eldritch blasts damage with level 12 and 18 feats.

yes it works with iconics getting non-warlock past lives, in that case 1 iconic, 9 acolyte of the skin, 10 heroic past life you want to get.

Another maybe dumb question: with the "Penetrating Blast" stance active, does your eldritch blast still scales with force damage?

Grunndi

Hmmm… I’d always thought of penetrating blast as a downgrade from Utterdark.

Does it also benefit from warlocks PRR reduction? Might have to respend a few AP on my TR alt

Nice build. I’m doing a few Acolyte iconic lives with 18wlk since I love arcane tempest (and want that +15 Fire power for heroics). But this looks nice for picking up other class lives when I don’t feel like turning my brain on to work out a new build or looking through all my bank alts for new leveling gear.

Last edited:

DeathTitan

Hmmm… I’d always thought of penetrating blast as a downgrade from Utterdark.

Does it also benefit from warlocks PRR reduction? Might have to respend a few AP on my TR alt

Nice build. I’m doing a few Acolyte iconic lives with 18wlk since I love arcane tempest (and want that +15 Fire power for heroics). But this looks nice for picking up other class lives when I don’t feel like turning my brain on to work out a new build or looking through all my bank alts for new leveling gear.
I don't know if it benefits from prr reduction.
Utterdark uses light spellpower while penetrating blast gives an additional dice and you smash iron golems with it.

Mokune

Utterdark uses light spellpower while penetrating blast gives an additional dice and you smash iron golems with it.
Wish Penetrating Blast was Untyped like Salt so it didn't get reduced by reaper PRR...

Grunndi

Penetrating still only 1 for von boss
Eh… you’ll always have other people for the Von golem, and tentacles knocks the pillar out it short order. Hurl is a nice Easy-Button for non-red golems too. I think the only Golems I see regularly that’re mildly annoying is at the end of Raven at the Door in RL2.

Took me a minute to remember why I settled on utterdark over penetrating (last time I did an overhaul of my leveling warlock was Ravenloft lol), but it’s the 60 light power from morninglord PLs and ES. Obviously, since you’re an Acolyte and Feydark makes you force focused, penetrating makes more sense for this build.

I will say I’m very surprised you don’t have tentacles and arcane tempest for the Warlock heavy lives. I’m not as force focused as you, and those spells just delete everything. I also used to run Wail, but Tempest is functionally a persistent AoE instakill with how much damage it does.

And no Stanch…? I play pretty fast and loose when leveling and that’s great for just not caring about incoming damage.

DeathTitan

Eh… you’ll always have other people for the Von golem, and tentacles knocks the pillar out it short order. Hurl is a nice Easy-Button for non-red golems too. I think the only Golems I see regularly that’re mildly annoying is at the end of Raven at the Door in RL2.

Took me a minute to remember why I settled on utterdark over penetrating (last time I did an overhaul of my leveling warlock was Ravenloft lol), but it’s the 60 light power from morninglord PLs and ES. Obviously, since you’re an Acolyte and Feydark makes you force focused, penetrating makes more sense for this build.

I will say I’m very surprised you don’t have tentacles and arcane tempest for the Warlock heavy lives. I’m not as force focused as you, and those spells just delete everything. I also used to run Wail, but Tempest is functionally a persistent AoE instakill with how much damage it does.

And no Stanch…? I play pretty fast and loose when leveling and that’s great for just not caring about incoming damage.
I often run this build with only 9 or 10 warlock levels.
At level 10 (and only when I have 10 warlock levels instead of just 9 levels) I can chose 1 spell and I prefer flesh to stone over black tentacles because it makes mobs helpless.

There are several quests that have iron golems: a raven at the door, an invitation to dinner then best laid plans, haywire foundry: anyway I picked "Penetrating blast" only for "+1d8 base Eldritch Blast damage", iron golems are not a huge issue at r1 difficulty.

Reactions: DBZ
What are the Duelists Epee and the Lunar Crescent for the build? Are you hitting stuff in those level ranges?
And how are you faring during epics without a Con item? Im trying your build atm and I feel pretty squishy at 20+